Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

DSB replied on 02/04/2019 13:49

Posted on 02/04/2019 13:49

I'm using my Esso card this week, down in Cornwall.  Using the Esso Card, the actual price I pay will be lower that supermarket prices.

Also, some may remember I used my Esso Card at a fuel station where the forecourt price was cheaper than the price issued by Pump King for the Esso card.  I've done this twice now, and each time it came up with the pump price (i.e. the cheaper price).  It appears you do not get it 1p per litre cheaper than the pump price when the pump price is already cheaper than the PumpKing price for that week - you just get the overall cheapest price.

David

brue replied on 02/04/2019 17:06

Posted on 02/04/2019 17:06

We were on the M5 last week, Esso was £1.51 at Gloucs services so we pulled off at Tewkesbury, a short drive to a local petrol station for 25p less a litre. We don't have a card and it's usually easy to find cheaper fuel near the motorway if needed.

eddietheeagle replied on 02/04/2019 17:50

Posted on 02/04/2019 17:50

Prices for petrol in the North West this week for comparison with Pump King are:-

Costco 114.7p

Asda 117.7p

British Fuel 117.8p (Texaco Tanker)

Texaco 119.9

Esso 128.8p

Pump King as advised by text for week 31/3/19

125.9p

Pathfinder replied on 02/04/2019 17:57

Posted on 02/04/2019 13:49 by DSB

I'm using my Esso card this week, down in Cornwall.  Using the Esso Card, the actual price I pay will be lower that supermarket prices.

Also, some may remember I used my Esso Card at a fuel station where the forecourt price was cheaper than the price issued by Pump King for the Esso card.  I've done this twice now, and each time it came up with the pump price (i.e. the cheaper price).  It appears you do not get it 1p per litre cheaper than the pump price when the pump price is already cheaper than the PumpKing price for that week - you just get the overall cheapest price.

David

Posted on 02/04/2019 17:57

David that is not was said in Rowena's opening post -see below

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price.

eddietheeagle replied on 02/04/2019 21:56

Posted on 02/04/2019 21:56

I have only used my fuel card on one occasion when I finally got up and running with the card.

You will see from an earlier post of mine that I was charged at the higher Pump King price and not even the lower actual Esso pump price.

I have not queried this as it may take me the next 3 months to resolve,as it did to get the card up and running

WillDeBeast replied on 03/04/2019 08:03

Posted on 02/04/2019 17:57 by Pathfinder

David that is not was said in Rowena's opening post -see below

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price.

Posted on 03/04/2019 08:03

Interestingly, the club offers page no longer talks about a saving of 1p per litre.

Instead it says "in the event that the Pump-King weekly fuel price is higher than the pump price at an Esso fuel station, Pump-King guarantee to match the pump price."

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/member-offers/fuel-card/

This is yet another change to the Ts&Cs without us being notified.

WillDeBeast replied on 03/04/2019 08:08

Posted on 03/04/2019 08:08

I've just seen this under the FAQs, which is also new:

Please note that once a member has cancelled the account, they will not be allowed to re-register in the future.

I had hoped to come back to the scheme once it had settled down.  I guess I won't be doing so now!

deryckhogge replied on 03/04/2019 13:10

Posted on 03/04/2019 13:10

My card finally arrived so used it for the first time the other day.Card accepted and ticket showed original price £1.319 which I assumed would be normal. A few days later an email arrived showing a price of £1.255 which was slightly less than the supermarkets. Correct amount taken from my account so happy that all worked perfectly.

Alanj76 replied on 03/04/2019 14:38

Posted on 03/04/2019 14:38

I’m now on my 4 th card cannot edit any details on any of the new cards and none of them are any good, it’s developed into a new hobby mind I do get email replies from Pump-King

Pathfinder replied on 03/04/2019 15:32

Posted on 03/04/2019 08:08 by WillDeBeast

I've just seen this under the FAQs, which is also new:

Please note that once a member has cancelled the account, they will not be allowed to re-register in the future.

I had hoped to come back to the scheme once it had settled down.  I guess I won't be doing so now!

Posted on 03/04/2019 15:32

That is also new to me I also was thinking of doing the same, well it's their loss as I normally fill up when passing a supermarket with a forecourt 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook