Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Shires999 replied on 03/04/2019 17:02

Posted on 03/04/2019 08:03 by WillDeBeast

Interestingly, the club offers page no longer talks about a saving of 1p per litre.

Instead it says "in the event that the Pump-King weekly fuel price is higher than the pump price at an Esso fuel station, Pump-King guarantee to match the pump price."

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/member-offers/fuel-card/

This is yet another change to the Ts&Cs without us being notified.

Posted on 03/04/2019 17:02

Yep that's a definite change. Rowena even a few weeks back also confirmed the 1p saving and even explained the process. think it was keep your receipt and contact Pump King or something like that.

Mind you if I knew that the pump price was cheaper than the offer price I wouldn't use my card anyway. Just pay as normal.

baileyvanman replied on 03/04/2019 19:46

Posted on 03/04/2019 19:46

Where I live there is only one Esso station and it is not particularly convenient for me. However, I have driven through Halifax today and passed 2 Esso stations roughly 2 miles apart. The town centre station had diesel at 133.9p whilst the one on the periphery (A629 towards Keighley) had diesel at 127.9p.

So, it seems if you have an Essocard, in some towns it may be advantages, in others perhaps not, and in Halifax it may be considerably more advantageous in one filling station than another! 

Surfer replied on 04/04/2019 09:01

Interestingly, the club offers page no longer talks about a saving of 1p per litre.

Instead it says "in the event that the Pump-King weekly fuel price is higher than the pump price at an Esso fuel station, Pump-King guarantee to match the pump price."

Posted on 04/04/2019 09:01

Please be aware that your original T&Cs when you signed up are still in place and those are the ones that apply, unless you have been notified in writing that the T&Cs have been changed.  That is current legislation as passed by parliament and Pump King as to the best of my knowledge never notified any one of any changes to the T&Cs!

We have stopped using the card and will only use it for big fill ups which is only when we go away for a break as they take nearly a week to deduct from the debit card, they hardly ever send you an email advising of the amount to be deducted and basically it is a very badly managed organisation and not really worth the headache when you want to be relaxing.

lornalou1 replied on 04/04/2019 11:04

Posted on 04/04/2019 09:01 by Surfer

Please be aware that your original T&Cs when you signed up are still in place and those are the ones that apply, unless you have been notified in writing that the T&Cs have been changed.  That is current legislation as passed by parliament and Pump King as to the best of my knowledge never notified any one of any changes to the T&Cs!

We have stopped using the card and will only use it for big fill ups which is only when we go away for a break as they take nearly a week to deduct from the debit card, they hardly ever send you an email advising of the amount to be deducted and basically it is a very badly managed organisation and not really worth the headache when you want to be relaxing.

Posted on 04/04/2019 11:04

Well since I have had the card I've never had a headache. smile

Alanj76 replied on 04/04/2019 15:22

Posted on 04/04/2019 15:22

After my 4th card arrived I emailed Pump-King saying it was impossible to login with new card, received a reply early today asking for new card number details arrived back with in an hour enabling me to have a new PIN number and start anew. Keeping fingers crossed when I fill up.

Watendlath replied on 04/04/2019 15:39

Posted on 04/04/2019 15:39

From the FAQs

Please note that once a member has cancelled the account, they will not be allowed to re-register in the future.

What on earth can their justification be  - other than sheer bloody-mindedness.

I was going to re-join now that it seems to have settled down but if I can't then its their loss, not to mention reflecting badly (again) on CAMC for allowing petty conditions on a scheme they have trumpeted loud and long as being a benefit for members.

WillDeBeast replied on 04/04/2019 20:04

Posted on 04/04/2019 15:39 by Watendlath

From the FAQs

Please note that once a member has cancelled the account, they will not be allowed to re-register in the future.

What on earth can their justification be  - other than sheer bloody-mindedness.

I was going to re-join now that it seems to have settled down but if I can't then its their loss, not to mention reflecting badly (again) on CAMC for allowing petty conditions on a scheme they have trumpeted loud and long as being a benefit for members.

Posted on 04/04/2019 20:04

If they've Deleted User someone's data, how do they know if that person is rejoining?

Watendlath replied on 05/04/2019 09:04

Posted on 04/04/2019 20:04 by WillDeBeast

If they've deleted someone's data, how do they know if that person is rejoining?

Posted on 05/04/2019 09:04

Because, as I know from my attempt to rejoin, they still have all your card details "as an active account"

meld55003 replied on 05/04/2019 13:31

Posted on 05/04/2019 13:31

You definitely have to pay attention to the weekly prices !!

At my local Esso, the Card is 6p MORE for Unleaded, but 11p LESS for Super Diesel.

Suits me fine, but I bet others get caught out.

fleetwoodmac replied on 07/04/2019 13:56

Posted on 07/04/2019 13:56

Hi All,

I have been watching this post since the beginning of January. After reading various concerns i decided to open a clean bank account and registered for a card using this new fuel account on the 7th Feb.

The card did finally arrive on 1st April and when i activated it, my pin is nowhere to be seen on my card, and is totally unique.

Today i needed fuel so decided to use the Esso garage 1/4 mile from me that, due to its location, is generally expensive. I used the card for the first time without issue. The transaction went through 1st time on a 63lt fill of premium diesel. As long as the billing side of the transaction is as flawless that's a saving of £7.09 on a fill.

I wonder what the percentage of issue free users are compared to those having problems.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook