Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Surfer replied on 27/03/2019 16:24

Posted on 27/03/2019 16:24

Nothing to do with Pumpkin however thsi morning we noticed that Morrisons gave you 5p off a litre fo fuel if you spent over a certain amount.

Last week their price was £1.29 per litre however today the price was £1.299 a litre.  Seems a bit of a con for unsuspecting suckers?

We hardly ever spend more than £40 in Morrisons when doing our weekly shopping!

JVB66 replied on 27/03/2019 16:30

Posted on 27/03/2019 16:24 by Surfer

Nothing to do with Pumpkin however thsi morning we noticed that Morrisons gave you 5p off a litre fo fuel if you spent over a certain amount.

Last week their price was £1.29 per litre however today the price was £1.299 a litre.  Seems a bit of a con for unsuspecting suckers?

We hardly ever spend more than £40 in Morrisons when doing our weekly shopping!

Posted on 27/03/2019 16:30

We have noticed that Tesco fuel prices also increase when their 5p per litre  off "offer" is on,

we used esso at Pboro yesterday pump price £131.9 PK price £125.9

IBH replied on 29/03/2019 09:35

Posted on 27/03/2019 08:36 by EmilysDad

Not sure where you manged to get £37 from as none of the membership fees are anything like £37 🤔

https://www.costco.co.uk/membership

Posted on 29/03/2019 09:35

Individual membership is £33.60, so yes, I was a little bit over. But it still boils down to the fact that you have to be a member! It is the same for those quoting Morrisons, you have to spend a considerable amount to qualify for the price reduction.

The point of the Esso Card is that those who use Esso can get a reduction, if people want to use supermarket fuel fine, just don't compare their price with Esso!

Cushie replied on 30/03/2019 16:15

Posted on 30/03/2019 16:15

Card registration

Can you advise how to register a replacement card? The instructions given with the card are not appropriate, the website does not exist and the phone number is unobtainable. I got instructions by email to log in which I did but there is no link to enter a new card number and the existing number is not editable. Where is the missing link?

WillDeBeast replied on 30/03/2019 19:39

Posted on 30/03/2019 16:15 by Cushie

Card registration

Can you advise how to register a replacement card? The instructions given with the card are not appropriate, the website does not exist and the phone number is unobtainable. I got instructions by email to log in which I did but there is no link to enter a new card number and the existing number is not editable. Where is the missing link?

Posted on 30/03/2019 19:39

It might be worth closing your existing account, waiting a few days and then creating a new one?

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my account and data seemed to be completely erased when I closed it.

Cushie replied on 31/03/2019 09:16

Posted on 31/03/2019 09:16

That is a good suggestion but to set up an account I also need an access number which is not included in the attached letter.

Shires999 replied on 01/04/2019 11:37

Posted on 27/03/2019 08:23 by TheTallGuy

PK receipt arrived this morning, after Saturday's stop at the motorway services, and thankfully I've been charged the PK rate, not the pump price of £1.53 a litre laughing

Like my last receipt this one was made out as a VAT invoice, but the bottom line was correct, so no worries there.  The only shame is that the PK site rejected my attempts to change my payment method to a credit card - not the end of the world.

Having the ability to refuel at motorway services (albeit a limited range) is a real plus point of the scheme, especially when towing.

Posted on 01/04/2019 11:37

I had no problems registering my credit card (Tesco Mastercard) rather than debit card. Used it twice now no problems.

TheTallGuy replied on 01/04/2019 18:56

Posted on 01/04/2019 11:37 by Shires999

I had no problems registering my credit card (Tesco Mastercard) rather than debit card. Used it twice now no problems.

Posted on 01/04/2019 18:56

Thanks - when I tried to register my Tesco Mastercard last week I got a banner at the top of the screen saying that PK does not accept credit cards (must have recognised it from the card number).

I'll give it another try later this week now that the last transaction has cleared - will try a different credit card too.

Shires999 replied on 02/04/2019 11:39

Posted on 01/04/2019 18:56 by TheTallGuy

Thanks - when I tried to register my Tesco Mastercard last week I got a banner at the top of the screen saying that PK does not accept credit cards (must have recognised it from the card number).

I'll give it another try later this week now that the last transaction has cleared - will try a different credit card too.

Posted on 02/04/2019 11:39

Strange. Is yours a newish card at all? Mine was issued in 2017 but had my CC account with Tesco for years.

When I first signed up with Pumpking (or myessocard as it was) I did try to register my credit card and got the same message so something changed behind the scenes.

Watendlath replied on 02/04/2019 12:04

Posted on 02/04/2019 12:04

I had a PK card (which was never used as the cost was always higher than I could get locally) and decided to close that account due to all the problems discussed on this forum.

Now it seems to have settled down and PK reportedly accepts credit cards I decided to reapply and keep it in case it became advantageous to use eg motorways.

The two credit cards I tried to register with were both rejected (must use debit cards say PK!) so I tried with the card I had originally used.

This was also refused on the grounds that the details of that card were already registered and held by PK.

Now here’s the thing..

When I Deleted User my original account I (eventually) got an email from PK as follows

Since you have Deleted User the account all personal and bank details will be Deleted User from the system.

Kind regards,
Pump-King

So, if that is true, why do they STILL have my card details? Does this comply with data protection laws?

Would Rowena care to respond with an explanation or at least pass this to someone at the Club to comment.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook