Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Navigateur replied on 25/03/2019 10:27

Posted on 25/03/2019 10:27

"Pile it high - Sell it cheap"  as someone back in the history of Tesco once said.

Costco will let anyone join the club now - how do you think I got in?

JVB66 replied on 25/03/2019 10:31

Posted on 25/03/2019 10:31

Is it still the case at Costco that the ticket prices do not include vat which is added at checkout we were members years ago

Navigateur replied on 25/03/2019 10:38

Posted on 25/03/2019 10:31 by JVB66

Is it still the case at Costco that the ticket prices do not include vat which is added at checkout we were members years ago

Posted on 25/03/2019 10:38

With modern technology they show both prices, and if you are an "individual member" it is the inclusive price that is shown on the receipt.

Still, one has to pay with a debit card.  Wonder who else works that way . . . . ?

DSB replied on 25/03/2019 15:44

Posted on 25/03/2019 15:44

Ro said: In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price.

I will be testing this today.  Our local Esso is £1.249.  Pump King price this week is 1.259 for diesel.  I'm expecting the Pump King price to come out as £1.239.  The takes it as lower than out Asda and Sainsbury's.

David

Pathfinder replied on 25/03/2019 17:17

Posted on 25/03/2019 15:44 by DSB

Ro said: In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price.

I will be testing this today.  Our local Esso is £1.249.  Pump King price this week is 1.259 for diesel.  I'm expecting the Pump King price to come out as £1.239.  The takes it as lower than out Asda and Sainsbury's.

David

Posted on 25/03/2019 17:17

David,  on my very first transaction back in December  with PK my forecourt till receipt was for a total of £58.17 for 46.2 litres @  £1.259 they debited my account for  £58.35 and still waiting for them to recompense me for there incompetence. I lost all faith in the debacle that ensued and cut the Esso card up and later emailed PK requesting my refund - guess what I am still waiting.

t

WillDeBeast replied on 25/03/2019 20:14

Posted on 25/03/2019 10:38 by Navigateur

With modern technology they show both prices, and if you are an "individual member" it is the inclusive price that is shown on the receipt.

Still, one has to pay with a debit card.  Wonder who else works that way . . . . ?

Posted on 25/03/2019 20:14

They take amex

WillDeBeast replied on 26/03/2019 06:34

Posted on 25/03/2019 15:44 by DSB

David

Posted on 26/03/2019 06:34

Good luck.  I hope it works.

I believe the advice from Rowena earlier in this thread, was to pay by som eother means, and send a copy of your receipt to PK to get a credit.

It seems a very poor method, but there doesn't seem to be an automated system to just do it from the PK end.

eddietheeagle replied on 26/03/2019 20:38

Posted on 24/03/2019 19:44 by IBH

Members who want to use Esso fuels can get an advantage, there is no advantage if the choice of fuel is from a supermarket. I personally only use Esso or Shell, so I am happy with the card and those who quote the cost of fuel from Costco must be possession of a member's card at a cost of £37.00 per annum and is the price quoted before or after VAT is added?

Posted on 26/03/2019 20:38

The cost of membership per annum at Costco is £22.00 excluding VAT and £26.40 inclusive of VAT and not as you quote at £37.00.Fuel is only one of the many benefits of the membership fee.

This is similar to the Caravan Club which offers many benifits to its members for a per annum fee.

In my outline of fuel costs in my area,I also included the cost of Texaco which is also a major brand of fuel such as Esso and Shell.There are a total of 5 Texaco filling stations in my area and the quoted cost is an average of 117.9 in comparison to Esso pump price of 121.9 and the Pump King price of 122.7 all of which are national brands of fuel.

TheTallGuy replied on 27/03/2019 08:23

Posted on 27/03/2019 08:23

PK receipt arrived this morning, after Saturday's stop at the motorway services, and thankfully I've been charged the PK rate, not the pump price of £1.53 a litre laughing

Like my last receipt this one was made out as a VAT invoice, but the bottom line was correct, so no worries there.  The only shame is that the PK site rejected my attempts to change my payment method to a credit card - not the end of the world.

Having the ability to refuel at motorway services (albeit a limited range) is a real plus point of the scheme, especially when towing.

EmilysDad replied on 27/03/2019 08:36

Posted on 24/03/2019 19:44 by IBH

Members who want to use Esso fuels can get an advantage, there is no advantage if the choice of fuel is from a supermarket. I personally only use Esso or Shell, so I am happy with the card and those who quote the cost of fuel from Costco must be possession of a member's card at a cost of £37.00 per annum and is the price quoted before or after VAT is added?

Posted on 27/03/2019 08:36

Not sure where you manged to get £37 from as none of the membership fees are anything like £37 🤔

https://www.costco.co.uk/membership

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook