Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Justus2 replied on 20/03/2019 17:02

Posted on 20/03/2019 17:02

A week or so ago I changed the original debit card which I used in setting up the pump-king a/c to a credit card.

Last weekend I used the Esso card to fill the van saving 3p per litre on the cheapest available supermarket  fuel in our neck of the woods and 5p against the Esso pump price.

The charge has appeared on my credit card online today so I am happy to report that for me, all is working as it should, and can confirm that changing to a credit card on the pump king a/c is a viable option.

Peter Johnson replied on 22/03/2019 12:31

Posted on 22/03/2019 12:31

Still working well for me - apart from the multi-text glitch the other week.

Just filled up with regular diesel in Shrewsbury with a saving of 7.4p on Esso pump price and 1.4p on Asda price.

DaveH replied on 22/03/2019 13:52

Posted on 20/03/2019 17:02 by Justus2

A week or so ago I changed the original debit card which I used in setting up the pump-king a/c to a credit card.

Last weekend I used the Esso card to fill the van saving 3p per litre on the cheapest available supermarket  fuel in our neck of the woods and 5p against the Esso pump price.

The charge has appeared on my credit card online today so I am happy to report that for me, all is working as it should, and can confirm that changing to a credit card on the pump king a/c is a viable option.

Posted on 22/03/2019 13:52

Are there different types of the card? I've tried to change to credit card but got a message that Pumpking don't accept credit cards!

Justus2 replied on 22/03/2019 14:28

Posted on 22/03/2019 13:52 by DaveH

Are there different types of the card? I've tried to change to credit card but got a message that Pumpking don't accept credit cards!

Posted on 22/03/2019 14:28

I would imagine all cards are the same, maybe their system just doesn't recognise mine as a credit card. I know others have changed to a credit card. Nothing surprises me with Pump King, but I will not be happy changing back to a debit card if asked to.

meld55003 replied on 23/03/2019 21:47

Posted on 23/03/2019 21:47

Had to get fuel on the M6 today (usually come off to look for sensible prices) but saw Stafford services was Esso and thought why not !!

165.9p at pump but 32p per litre less on card (£21 saved)

Initial hitches over, this is now a no-brainer for me.

Justus2 replied on 24/03/2019 07:02

Posted on 24/03/2019 06:55 by cyberyacht

Even then, that's still 6p a litre more than I paid the day before at Sainsbury's.

Posted on 24/03/2019 07:02

It all depends where you live CY, here our Sainsbury's yesterday was £1.299 which was the cheapest supermarket in town,  Essocard yesterday was £1.255 wink

Surfer replied on 24/03/2019 14:45

Posted on 24/03/2019 06:55 by cyberyacht

Even then, that's still 6p a litre more than I paid the day before at Sainsbury's.

Posted on 24/03/2019 14:45

I am still wondering why some compare the price to the price of fuel at a supermarket?  The card was marketed as a discount card for Esso fuel and not any other brand of fuel.

It is up to each individual to decide whether they want branded fuel or cheap supermarket fuel.

eddietheeagle replied on 24/03/2019 16:05

Posted on 24/03/2019 16:05

Here is a resume concerning petrol prices in the last few days in my area:-

Texaco 117.9

Jet 117.9

Costco 114.7

Asda 115.7

Esso 121.9

Pump King advised price by text

on Friday 22/3/19.  122.7

Based on the above price comparison, can any member advise where the price advantage is of using the fuel card?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook