Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

WillDeBeast replied on 12/10/2019 21:17

Posted on 12/10/2019 16:54 by Milestogo

Just looking at all this again. Does anyone know what relationship horizon fuel services and pump king have ?

Also, who are now the owners of the cards ? And who has all of our details, pumpking or horizon ? 

Can anyone from the club clarify any of this ? And why a shareholder and partner of horizon has over a thousand companies Linked into it ? 

I for one do not like  the idea of my details being shared with that many linked companies.

Posted on 12/10/2019 21:17

I share your concerns.  Horizon seem particularly keen to hide their details. 

It seems very strange that Horizon does not have anyone with significant control.  Or a website.

As I understand it, the 1000+ companies are those to whom Vistra provide a registered address and process their post, so hopefully they will keep any information to just the one company.

Surfer replied on 13/10/2019 09:25

Posted on 13/10/2019 09:25

Not sure if it coincidence but since signing up for the card the amount of junk email trebled.  I think Pump king is registered in Luxembourg so not in the EU therefore GDPR does not apply.

WillDeBeast replied on 13/10/2019 19:12

Posted on 13/10/2019 09:25 by Surfer

Not sure if it coincidence but since signing up for the card the amount of junk email trebled.  I think Pump king is registered in Luxembourg so not in the EU therefore GDPR does not apply.

Posted on 13/10/2019 19:12

Luxemburg was in the EU before it became the EU!

dboyd replied on 06/02/2020 16:32

Posted on 06/02/2020 16:32

Just  received an email informing me this facility will cease on 17 Feb.

- would someone from the Club care to comment, especially as to why no-one from the Club forewarned about this and whether any alternative arrangements are planned?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook