Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Navigateur replied on 07/04/2019 17:37

Posted on 07/04/2019 17:37

After first applying in December and having messages to the effect that a (new) card was being sent out almost every fortnight since, and an on-going email exchange, I final got a card this weekend - well, not exactly - I got THREE in the same mail delivery.  Each had a copy of the same "letter" but none were dated so I had no idea which was the most recently issued.

So I looked at the characters in the bottom right and guessed they were the expiry date and picked the one furthest away. The web site seemed to accept it and I now have a PIN that is nothing like anything on any of the three cards. A test purchase tomorrow on 5 litres of petrol for the lawn mower will show if it does work.

Slightly worring that we will all have to go through the renewal process together in 2023.

raynormor replied on 08/04/2019 10:19

Posted on 08/04/2019 10:19

Filled up unleaded on Friday at my local garage.

Fuel price same as Pump King price so no saving according to the statement from pump king - however they haven't taken the money from my card yet.

I'll use it for a few weeks and see, but as I am loosing the 0.5p cash back I get for using my credit card i needed the 1 p off just to make it worthwhile.

we'll see

Mitsi Fendt replied on 08/04/2019 14:15

Posted on 07/04/2019 17:37 by Navigateur

After first applying in December and having messages to the effect that a (new) card was being sent out almost every fortnight since, and an on-going email exchange, I final got a card this weekend - well, not exactly - I got THREE in the same mail delivery.  Each had a copy of the same "letter" but none were dated so I had no idea which was the most recently issued.

So I looked at the characters in the bottom right and guessed they were the expiry date and picked the one furthest away. The web site seemed to accept it and I now have a PIN that is nothing like anything on any of the three cards. A test purchase tomorrow on 5 litres of petrol for the lawn mower will show if it does work.

Slightly worring that we will all have to go through the renewal process together in 2023.

Posted on 08/04/2019 14:15

maybe they'll have figured out how to get it right by then.

Shires999 replied on 09/04/2019 14:24

Posted on 08/04/2019 10:19 by raynormor

Filled up unleaded on Friday at my local garage.

Fuel price same as Pump King price so no saving according to the statement from pump king - however they haven't taken the money from my card yet.

I'll use it for a few weeks and see, but as I am loosing the 0.5p cash back I get for using my credit card i needed the 1 p off just to make it worthwhile.

we'll see

Posted on 09/04/2019 14:24

Have you tried registering your credit card with pumpking?

Alanj76 replied on 10/04/2019 14:49

Posted on 10/04/2019 14:49

A couple of weeks ago I sent a plea to Pump-King saying all the cards I had received and none worked a very prompt reply was received another new card next day two emails sent and replied same day by them and now I have a card that actually works. Thrilled, it doesn’t take a lot.

eddietheeagle replied on 10/04/2019 19:24

Posted on 10/04/2019 19:24

Hi,Here is a short review of  petrol pump prices this week in the North West:-

Costco 115.9

Sainsbury 116.9

Tesco 117.7

Texaco118.9

Pump King 126.3

commeyras replied on 11/04/2019 10:41

Posted on 11/04/2019 10:41

My first and last contribution to this discussion.  At 1606 contributions surely we have done this subject to death.  Use the card if you want, your choice; weekly comments comparing price of fuel here to there is getting a little boring nowfrown.  Raynormor, it takes a few days for the cost to be charged to your card  Maybe we should just let this subject die a natural death now.

lornalou1 replied on 11/04/2019 11:15

Posted on 11/04/2019 10:41 by commeyras

My first and last contribution to this discussion.  At 1606 contributions surely we have done this subject to death.  Use the card if you want, your choice; weekly comments comparing price of fuel here to there is getting a little boring nowfrown.  Raynormor, it takes a few days for the cost to be charged to your card  Maybe we should just let this subject die a natural death now.

Posted on 11/04/2019 11:15

well said C.

Tinwheeler replied on 11/04/2019 12:12

Posted on 11/04/2019 12:12

Why seek to deprive others of the opportunity to post in this thread?

It'll fade into oblivion of its own accord if it’s not needed and there’s no compulsion to read it anyway - I rarely do these days.

Metheven replied on 11/04/2019 12:21

Posted on 11/04/2019 12:21

There's plenty more fuel left in this thread yet, after Watergate and Camillagate, Essogate is the biggest thing of late.cool

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook