Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

replied on 02/05/2019 01:17

Posted on 01/05/2019 21:16 by lornalou1

please stop comparing the prices with supermarkets. the sale of goods in the shops subsidise the price of the fuel. just compare with the price at the pump you are using and if its cheaper than the card don't use it and pay by other means.

Posted on 02/05/2019 01:17

There is no reason why DaveT should not make such a comparison if it is relevant to his needs LL

Surfer replied on 02/05/2019 08:18

Posted on 02/05/2019 08:18

Post 8 on this thread "We strive to bring members the best and most relevant offer for touring and lifestyle" was obviously a joke along with "On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel.".

We filled up at Weston Super Mare on the Easter Monday and the saving was £0.003p a litre.  Currently the saving is less than 2p.  Unless it is a refill from almost empty, we no longer bother to use the card as it does not offer the promised benefits plus it takes nearly a week for the amount to be deducted from the current account.

cyberyacht replied on 02/05/2019 10:54

Posted on 02/05/2019 10:54

Particularly when you get a 10p per litre off voucher, it make supermarket fuel practically unbeatable for price. Just have to work out whether a full tank for OH is better than a part tank for the MH before we get on the ferry.

replied on 03/05/2019 20:14

Posted on 03/05/2019 20:14

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

WillDeBeast replied on 04/05/2019 08:17

Posted on 03/05/2019 20:14 by

What a waste of time and effort.  I recently took up this offer.  I have just receive the prices for the next period and they are more expensive than my local Esso station.  Unbelievable frown.

Posted on 04/05/2019 08:17

As regularly reported in here...

But the price for the premium fuels is often pretty good.

DSB replied on 04/05/2019 13:09

Posted on 04/05/2019 13:09

I dont use the Esso Card that often - I just go for the cheapest option wherever I am.  I reckon I have still saved more on the Esso Card than ever I did on the M6 Toll caravan offer, when that was round (which I think I only used once).  Every penny counts!!  laughinglaughing

David

lornalou1 replied on 04/05/2019 13:10

What a waste of time and effort.  I recently took up this offer.  I have just receive the prices for the next period and they are more expensive than my local Esso station.  Unbelievable frown.

Posted on 04/05/2019 13:10

in that case don't use the card, but if you come across an esso that's dearer than the card I bet you use it. Unbelievable. wink

Peter Johnson replied on 04/05/2019 13:15

Posted on 04/05/2019 13:15

It all depends where you live. The cheapest fuel close to me in Shrewsbury is Sainsbury's at 1.309 today for regular diesel but Pump-King undercuts that at 1.299 for this week's price. The PK discount price for regular diesel has consistently been slightly cheaper or about the same as Sainsbury's over several months. However, I did fill our petrol car at Sainsbury's a couple of days ago due to the 10p a litre discount voucher if you spend £60.

The biggest PK savings are definitely for premium diesel (unavailable at     Sainsbury's) where I have saved 8-13p a litre on Esso pump price. Unleaded petrol prices quoted by PK have consistently been higher than Sainsbury's, however.

Having a PK card is a handy extra in my range of payment methods and particularly useful when touring and you don't have local knowledge about where to find the cheapest fuel.

replied on 04/05/2019 17:05

Posted on 04/05/2019 13:15 by Peter Johnson

It all depends where you live. The cheapest fuel close to me in Shrewsbury is Sainsbury's at 1.309 today for regular diesel but Pump-King undercuts that at 1.299 for this week's price. The PK discount price for regular diesel has consistently been slightly cheaper or about the same as Sainsbury's over several months. However, I did fill our petrol car at Sainsbury's a couple of days ago due to the 10p a litre discount voucher if you spend £60.

The biggest PK savings are definitely for premium diesel (unavailable at     Sainsbury's) where I have saved 8-13p a litre on Esso pump price. Unleaded petrol prices quoted by PK have consistently been higher than Sainsbury's, however.

Having a PK card is a handy extra in my range of payment methods and particularly useful when touring and you don't have local knowledge about where to find the cheapest fuel.

Posted on 04/05/2019 17:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Peter Johnson replied on 04/05/2019 19:42

Posted on 04/05/2019 17:05 by

I think you may ave missed my point.  Our local Esso station is selling their regular diesel at less than the Pump King price.  

Now some questions if I may:

If I use the card abroad, say in France, how does the exchange rate work and compare?

Is there a discounted price for LPG?

Posted on 04/05/2019 19:42

I do understand your point, DD. You are lucky in that you have an Esso station near you offering unusually low prices. Most Esso stations, because they are independent operators, cannot match the subsidised prices of the big supermarkets. The PK discount brings the Esso prices down to the same ball park as the supermarkets.

All I can speak of is my experience buying diesel at home in Shrewsbury and on tour in Cornwall and Scotland. Most of the time, it’s been worth using my Esso card. When it wasn’t, I’ve used my normal credit card at a supermarket. You just need to check the prices on offer and then make an informed decision on whether to use your Esso card or not. Easy. I’ve certainly saved money filling up my camper van on the PK card over the last few months - and the savings match up to the claims made by Rowena. I admit I was one of the sceptics because of the botched introduction of the card to club members, but it’s now working fine for me.

As for using the card abroad, it’s been covered earlier in this lengthy discussion. From what I recall, it’s probably not worth it and PK don’t appear to offer any discount on LPG.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook