Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Navigateur replied on 02/06/2019 20:27

Posted on 02/06/2019 20:27

On the way to the National I was able to use the card for the first time "for real" on the motorway network. The reassurance of knowing the price in advance was good, but what was really heartening was the 22p per litre saving on the pump price.

This will be what gets the average up to the 8p mentioned in the original post.

eddietheeagle replied on 03/06/2019 09:10

Posted on 03/06/2019 09:10

In response to Surfer.

In one of my earlier posts on this subject I quoted that if it looks too good to be true then it very often is.

Why would I want to use my Esso card at a cost of £1.315 when I purchased from J Sainsbury at a cost of £1.229 last Friday,unleaded fuel.

Surfer replied on 03/06/2019 09:45

Posted on 02/06/2019 20:27 by Navigateur

On the way to the National I was able to use the card for the first time "for real" on the motorway network. The reassurance of knowing the price in advance was good, but what was really heartening was the 22p per litre saving on the pump price.

This will be what gets the average up to the 8p mentioned in the original post.

Posted on 03/06/2019 09:45

There seem to be very few motorway Esso service stations and I am not sure how you can find them?  Generally we make sure that the vehicle is full before we leave and that it has enough fuel to get to our destination or stop over where we can disconnect and fuel up again.  Obviously those travelling from further afield may not have this luxury.

JVB66 replied on 03/06/2019 09:50

Posted on 03/06/2019 09:10 by eddietheeagle

In response to Surfer.

In one of my earlier posts on this subject I quoted that if it looks too good to be true then it very often is.

Why would I want to use my Esso card at a cost of £1.315 when I purchased from J Sainsbury at a cost of £1.229 last Friday,unleaded fuel.

Posted on 03/06/2019 09:50

The 1,31.9 was  for diesel it is 129,5 this week which is 3p cheaper than any other fuel in this areasurprised

WillDeBeast replied on 03/06/2019 21:06

Posted on 03/06/2019 09:45 by Surfer

There seem to be very few motorway Esso service stations and I am not sure how you can find them?  Generally we make sure that the vehicle is full before we leave and that it has enough fuel to get to our destination or stop over where we can disconnect and fuel up again.  Obviously those travelling from further afield may not have this luxury.

Posted on 03/06/2019 21:06

Here you go ... https://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Esso

Surfer replied on 04/06/2019 08:58

Posted on 03/06/2019 21:06 by WillDeBeast

Here you go ... https://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Esso

Posted on 04/06/2019 08:58

Thanks.  Only one on the M5 and as it is only about 30 miles from our home so unlikely to use.  The A routes could be handy.  I wonder if there is an Esso POI for the Satnav that you can download.  There is an app for the phone but it is to pay.

WillDeBeast replied on 04/06/2019 09:08

Posted on 04/06/2019 08:58 by Surfer

Thanks.  Only one on the M5 and as it is only about 30 miles from our home so unlikely to use.  The A routes could be handy.  I wonder if there is an Esso POI for the Satnav that you can download.  There is an app for the phone but it is to pay.

Posted on 04/06/2019 09:08

You have to register to use the main features of the app.  I haven't bothered.  There's a button marked 'station' at the bottom of the home page which still works.  Just toggle the map from 'mobile pay stations' to 'all esso stations' and all my local essos pop up.

Though I notice that a fuel station which recently changed from esso to texaco is still on the map/list.

Justus2 replied on 04/06/2019 09:25

Posted on 04/06/2019 09:08 by WillDeBeast

You have to register to use the main features of the app.  I haven't bothered.  There's a button marked 'station' at the bottom of the home page which still works.  Just toggle the map from 'mobile pay stations' to 'all esso stations' and all my local essos pop up.

Though I notice that a fuel station which recently changed from esso to texaco is still on the map/list.

Posted on 04/06/2019 09:25

I do the same sometimes, but lately have made note of a few likely Esso Stations in an area prior to a trip using the website >> 

https://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk

Xerxses1957 replied on 06/06/2019 13:39

Posted on 06/06/2019 13:39

Last night I filled up at the most expensive Esso filling station in Bath safe in the knowledge that my discount would be applied by Pump King. Imagine my annoyance when I had to pay this astronomic price because my card was not accepted. I have used my Esso card some six times without a hitch. Today was the first time it had not been accepted, in fact the attendant said that his screen said that my card had been stolen! Has Pump King disabled all the old cards that were originally issued?  I wonder if I am the only member who has not received the promised new card?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook