What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 19/10/2024 18:27

Posted on 19/10/2024 18:27

Well that was good, for some unknown reason our Devon TV just gave us the Central news and, more importantly, the weather at the caravan, freaky. Very wet tomorrow morning it seems.

nelliethehooker replied on 19/10/2024 21:42

Posted on 19/10/2024 21:42

Glad to hear that OH is clear of the virus, WN. Thankfully Mrs nth has also got over the effects of her injections.

Goldie, enjoy all your concerts. I have been listening to Show of Hands and The Young 'Uns this week while posting on here. I will have a dabble at the others that you are going to see.

Debs, hope that the rising water doesn't do any to your caravan.

Pleased that you managed to get things sorted out R&R, it was fortunate that you had a friendly electrician on hand to solve the problem.

It started off dull but dry this morning and by 11:00 the sun had come out and OH was able to get the washing dry outside. I loaded some more bits into the caravan in the morning and washed the outsides in the afternoon, between walks with and without Flyte.

Wherenext replied on 20/10/2024 11:32

Posted on 20/10/2024 11:32

A wet and windy morning. Looks like a good day to get indoor jobs done.

I hope those caught up with this latest storm in Scotland hunker down and come through it unscathed.

DSB replied on 20/10/2024 12:16

Posted on 20/10/2024 12:16

Wet and windy here, too, this morning.  I eeckon we had a,smaller congregation at the Abbey this morning....  I think folk must have took one look out if the window and thought better of it....

David

DavidKlyne replied on 20/10/2024 12:45

Posted on 20/10/2024 12:45

The saga of our water smart meter seems, at long last, to have been resolved. Just a recap:- it was installed on 9th July but it started to leak and the pavement outside our house had to be dug up. Then they thought they could smell gas, so the gas board dug an even bigger hole! Both issues resolved and pavement reinstated. Trouble was this coincided with our annual water bill which they had to estimate and as a result our monthly payments doubled. Anyway today received an email saying the smart meter had been activated and a new bill attached. It seems as I have paid too much into the account they have reduced our monthly payments to zero until the next bill. Be interested to see how that works out!!!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 20/10/2024 21:38

Posted on 20/10/2024 21:38

A wet and windy start to the day, so the first two and a half walks were in the rain. By 11:00 it had turned dry and we were able to get most of the remaining items into the caravan. The sun came out around lunchtime and continued all afternoon, however the wind did increase in strength, although it seems to have died down somewhat now. Just hope it is not too strong tomorrow when we set off on our next trip, to Yorkshire this time.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/10/2024 20:53

Posted on 21/10/2024 20:53

Something of a milestone today as the first train to run from Oxford to Milton Keynes completed the journey today, sixty years since passenger trains last used this route. Although of course sixty years ago they wouldn't have got as far as Milton Keynes because there was no station. It was just a test train as passenger services between Milton Keynes and Oxford don't start until next year. Its all part of the East West Rail restoration between Oxford and Cambridge, the Varsity Line as it used to be called. It will be quite a few more years before they extend the line to Cambridge as I am not even sure they have decided on the route of the line yet?

David

nelliethehooker replied on 21/10/2024 21:31

Posted on 21/10/2024 21:31

A mixed start to the day, although we were able to finish the loading of the caravan, hitched up and getting away in the dry, we did have a couple  of showers which delayed our departure. It was a pleasant and interesting drive to the site, as we have never used the route from Ingleton to Hawes in that direction as it looked very different going that way instead of the reverse. Now on a new CL, to us, not far from Bedale, which only opened in July last year. Most impressed with the facilities, large H/S pitches and a very smart set of utilities, nice open views and an easy access. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook