What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 18/10/2024 15:43

Posted on 18/10/2024 15:43

"The 2 of us set off and some ground rules were made, mainly so I could find the little devil later"

you could fit her with one of those trackers you can buy for your dog that works with an App surprised

Oneputt replied on 18/10/2024 16:05

Posted on 18/10/2024 15:41 by Rufs

"Booked a trip to Rookesbury this coming Sunday that will be the seventh time this year!"

careful OP, weather forecast for Sunday down here not great, I know the site is in a dell hole and well sheltered, but last time i was there it was all grass and we are forecast for a lot of rain, but good luck, enjoy.

Posted on 18/10/2024 16:05

All the grass pitches were closed a fortnight ago.  Wind is meant to be 25/40 clicks when I leave here, but thanks for the warning anyway

milliehull replied on 18/10/2024 17:44

Posted on 18/10/2024 17:44

Glad you are feeling well enough to get out and about again WN and that you managed to keep track of MIL in her bright orange gilet! I hope your OH feels better soon. Covid sometimes takes it's time and we felt tired for some while afterwards.

I decided to have a wander round the one and only M&S left here (on a retail park out of town) this morning and only came away with a pack of socks.  I was most disappointed with their offering this autumn. I wanted a jumper but nothing there that I fancied.  The car park and shop we very busy presumably because it is the only one left here now. We then spent a very fruitful afternoon in the garden doing some tidying and more cutting back which now looks a lot better and almost ready for winter.  It was lovely out there in the autumn sunshine. We sat out there and had a cup of tea and it was really quite mild.

Enjoy your trip away OP.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/10/2024 21:25

Posted on 18/10/2024 21:25

I spoke too soon yesterday evening as OH had to retire early to bed, feeling the effects of her injections. Thankfully she is much improved this evening. DcIt has been a dull day here with some rain in the afternoon and then again tonight. I was able to get the inside of the caravan hoovered out before lunch and the car cleaned after lunch just before the rain came.

Sounds like a successful day's shopping with your MIL, WN, and we chuckled at her wearing the hi-viz vest. Hope Mrs WN is soon feeling much better.

EJuly your trips away OP and that the winds are not too fierce on Sunday.

Rufs replied on 19/10/2024 15:23

Posted on 19/10/2024 15:23

Well today could not have been any better for October, on the beach it was 18 degs, warmer than some days in August, should have taken the plunge into the Solent, one of Michael Mosley's must do daily routines is to plunge yourself into cold water, i have been turning the shower to cold each morning and standing there for 30 seconds this morning it was probably colder than the Solent, but i think it is all change for tomorrow, but next week not looking too bad

richardandros replied on 19/10/2024 15:49

Posted on 19/10/2024 15:49

Had fun and games yesterday.  Kitchen fitter came to install a new integrated larder fridge because our present one was on it's way out. Took the old one out and discovered that the builders (when we did the re-build 12 years ago) had hard-wired it into a junction box. Explained that if he chopped the plug off the new one and did as they had done, it would void the warranty - so he had to fit a 13A socket in place of the junction box.

Went to consumer unit and rather than turn all the power off, I thought I would be clever and just turn off both the circuit breakers marked "sockets". To cut a long story short - when he had finished - one of them wouldn't go back on - indicating a fault. Checked around the house and what I found was weird. All sockets off downstairs apart from the kitchen.  All off upstairs, apart from one in my study. No phone, no internet, none of the TVs worked so it looked like being a miserable weekend.  Must have tried to flick the breaker on at least a dozen times as I methodically went from room to room switching sockets off and on to try to locate the offending item.

Rang my neighbour at work and although he's now a project manager for a big construction company - is a qualified electriciansmile

He came round straight after work - went to consumer unit - flicked the breaker on - and it stayed there!! However, he did find another one that was faulty and replaced it, but we were both baffled as to what had happened. 

It's nice to have such lovely neighbourssmile

Goldie146 replied on 19/10/2024 16:24

Posted on 19/10/2024 16:24

Tonight is the start of our Autumn/Winter run of nights out. All to local (and localish) gigs. 

Tonight it's Steve Knightley (ex Show of Hands) at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre. Then in 4 weeks, the timing ramps up to at least one a week.

To give an insight into my taste - these are on the schedule.

Bellowhead, Oysterband, Blackbeards Tea Party, Eliza Carthy, The Young 'Uns, Merry Hell, Martyn Joseph, Spiers & Boden.

It makes the bad times better.

DEBSC replied on 19/10/2024 16:40

Posted on 19/10/2024 16:40

Our house is North facing at the front and therefore South facing at the back but because the trees in the wood are so high we get no sun at this time of year, so we haven’t seen much of the lovely weather today. I cut the back grass for what I hope will be the last time this year but it is very wet under foot out there.

Our daughter went to the caravan as she and two of our granddaughters are going to a show in Birmingham tonight. Then this morning our site contacted the owners to say the river is rising very quickly and if the prediction is right the site will flood and close tonight, well that was out of the blue as weather not bad there. Total panic as they would have nowhere to go on arriving back from Birmingham. When we finally managed to contact them, phone reception isn’t very good, she said that it was ok cos they’d decided to stay over in Birmingham and had booked a room. That was a relief. Think it is time we went to shut it down for winter.

Wherenext replied on 19/10/2024 16:56

Posted on 19/10/2024 16:56

you could fit her with one of those trackers you can buy for your dog that works with an App

Rufs, I was thinking more along the lines of an ankle bracelet but the police were reluctant to give me one. Have to keep tabs on her as she has no sense of direction. She could get lost in a telephone box.laughing

Happy to say that OH finally stopped "swinging the lead" today and is all clear. Lovely day up here so plenty of fresh air. Had to go to town as I needed to send a birthday card to my brother in France. This time last last year we spent some time over there with him but no chance this year.

Hope the Avon doesn't flood too much for you DEBSC. Saw our water flood people checking out the local river in town today. They seemed satisfied but it was quite high.

Hope Mrs Nellie is feeling better today.

That's certainly an eclectic list Goldie. 

Rufs replied on 19/10/2024 17:45

Posted on 18/10/2024 16:05 by Oneputt

All the grass pitches were closed a fortnight ago.  Wind is meant to be 25/40 clicks when I leave here, but thanks for the warning anyway

Posted on 19/10/2024 17:45

Great South Run scheduled for tomorrow has been cxld due to an horrendous weather forecast laughing you should have travelled today been gorgeous laughingand you could have hunkered down at Rookesbury undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook