What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 16/10/2024 09:52

Posted on 16/10/2024 08:02 by richardandros

"so he arranged an urgent appointment at the Demonology Department at MK Hospital"

Don't think we have one of those at Hull Royal, Davidsmile 

Good news, thoughsmilesmile.

Posted on 16/10/2024 09:52

Opps, that was a bit of a mistake!!! I don't quite know what went wrong there? It was a long day.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2024 10:23

Posted on 16/10/2024 10:23

Fingers crossed you get off Nellie🤞 That’s a very funny typo DK, glad things were ok😁

I am just watching our very elderly hound here demolishing a cardboard box🤣 It’s good to see he can still take pleasure in puppy stuff, he’s so funny. We want him tired out, leaving him at home today for a couple of hours while we meet up with some friends for lunch. 

KjellNN replied on 16/10/2024 10:49

Posted on 16/10/2024 10:49

School holiday week here, family have gone off to Disneyland Paris for a few days, along with all SIL’s family, 10 of them in total.  Luckily they are having lovely weather so far.

It has been a busy week so far, and this is only Wednesday.  Monday we had to look after Callum as the parents had a funeral to attend, OH had optician in the afternoon, then we had to fetch Nathan from nursery.

Tuesday I had to take the 4 of them to the airport, so that was a 6.30 am start, then we had the dentist at 11.15.

Today I was booked to wait at DD’s empty flat for a new fridge/freezer to be delivered between 8 and 11 am, so another 6.30 am start.  However, the delivery van has a puncture so is delayed, maybe even cancelled, still waiting for an update.  Tomorrow is not really convenient for the delivery as we already have plans, so just hope they can still fit it in today.

Friday the holidaymakers return, so another trip to the airport for me, this time in the evening.

OH is waiting for me at DD’s house, I will take the bus back there eventually, no sensible parking where the flat is.

DSB replied on 16/10/2024 10:57

Posted on 16/10/2024 10:57

"so he arranged an urgent appointment at the Demonology Department at MK Hospital"

....the wonders of the NHS.... 🤣🤣🤣  Perhaps they've changed it to fit in with the soon to be Halloween....

David

RedKite replied on 16/10/2024 19:02

Posted on 16/10/2024 19:02

A warm part of day today so OH got ride on mower out did quite a good part of ground done but have left part to grow more over the Winter time and I did hand mowing and some strimming looks a lot better now and now it has gone very cloudy a few spots of rain but more overnight and stormy day tomorrow so inside chores instead and friends popping over pm as they want to leave a few bits and pieces with us whilst they are in UK for the winter.

Did some shopping pm and trip to skip area gosh very busy everybody getting gardens etc sorted, met a lady in Carrefour whose was making her way north with a friend in their motorhome had a 230km trip to their overnight stay and they sail back to UK next Tuesday and said they have enjoyed their first time over here but not used to shops shutting at lunchtime and we wished them a safe trip back and said watch out for storms in next 48 hours which they did not know about.Had a laugh about DK's word and OH said that is a new one he has not heard before ha ha.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/10/2024 20:37

Posted on 16/10/2024 20:37

An early rise for us as we didn't know when the service engineer would arrive, and it was a good job that we did as he was sat outside waiting before his 8:00 start. Job sorted quickly, as nothing more serious than a drop of pressure in the systems, which should it happen again I now know how to rectify. It was raining lightly when we got and it got steadily heavier during the day, so a number of wet walks out with Flute for us.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/10/2024 10:02

Posted on 16/10/2024 20:37 by nelliethehooker

An early rise for us as we didn't know when the service engineer would arrive, and it was a good job that we did as he was sat outside waiting before his 8:00 start. Job sorted quickly, as nothing more serious than a drop of pressure in the systems, which should it happen again I now know how to rectify. It was raining lightly when we got and it got steadily heavier during the day, so a number of wet walks out with Flute for us.

Posted on 17/10/2024 10:02

Nellie

I assume its a Combi boiler? I usually have to repressurise at the start of the heating season. Our boiler is upstairs and I was told by a gas engineer that boilers in that situation are more inclined to lose a bit of pressure. Whilst I can repressurise ours it is a bit fiddly, perhaps some boilers are easier than others. I have to insert a key to unlock the supply and then release a screw fitting. Some boilers have ready installed taps which is easier although there is a greater danger someone might not turn off the supply once pressurised. What I like about the Combi systems is that it is a sealed system so you can turn off the mains water as an extra safety and the boiler will still work.

David

Rufs replied on 17/10/2024 10:38

Posted on 17/10/2024 10:38

"Some boilers have ready installed taps which is easier "

yes ours is a combi with this type of system, very easy to top up the pressure, not that i have had to do it very often, interestingly if you have a boiler maintance contract with Corgi and you call re this problem, they will try to give you instructions over the phone as to how to resolve it.

glorious day agen, had lots of rain overnight this week but the days have been relatively dry warm with some sun. Some folk swimming in the Solent yesterday, but too cold for me now, getting soft in my dotage. laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook