What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 11/10/2024 21:36

Posted on 11/10/2024 21:36

Some grand photos there. I unfortunately managed to miss the sight last night, (may be tonight?) but the couple in the M/H next to us took these two, looking overlooking our van!yell

nelliethehooker replied on 11/10/2024 21:45

Posted on 11/10/2024 21:45

Hope those that are away at the moment enjoy good weather and have a pleasant time. We visited Harestanes Country Park where we had a coup!e of walks, but didn't bother with the ascent to the Waterloo Monument this time. It has been another fine day but a bit cooler than yesterday.

Bakers2 replied on 12/10/2024 09:16

Posted on 12/10/2024 09:16

Well I'm in shock, we had 2 full days and nights without rain! Quite a frost Friday morning, remained on the shed roof until almost 8am. But the upshot was the aurora over the village Thursday night. Not visible with the naked eye or my phone camera 😡. Fabulous photos, of my views from the window or garden, with beautiful aurora on the village FB page 😪😪😪

I'd been checking all evening, cloudy. Went to get ready for bed about 10pm, looked out the window I could see stars! Dressing gown on and outside. Definitely a slight hue. Stood in the front garden with my phone camera, seeing nothing. WhatsApp text pops on screen, the Close group. Photo of it over the roof I was looking at with the aurora over it. Another neighbour, said thanks I'd forgotten, went out posted a photo within minutes from the back of his house. I still saw nothing! Came in with very cold shins. If I'd been dressed I'd have knocked on their doors, but you mustn't scare the natives. I crept about close to hedges and buildings so as not to trigger the sensor lights - so a bit dodgy looking anyway 🤣

Much phone camera examination yesterday, no night setting, so armed with another camera and phone last night. Nothing 😪😪.

Cut our 3 lawns, which idiot chose a bigger garden and house?, yesterday. It was long and lush. Every other up required basket empty and under mower clear! It looks good now.

Otherwise just been pottering along. Had our flu jabs last Saturday and we've both felt 'off' most of the week so nothing exciting.

Good to read other's news and see photos. House guest again!, last night only 3 weeks since his last overnight so less catching up. But 2 nice plants for my garden a cape lily and dog wood. Both very welcome.  Just waved him off.

I'll peg out some washing, but forecast saying showers possible.......... Then head off with the dog. No other plans yet.. Younger family members still having lots of friends visiting, from far Oban for a few days stayed at the cottage and more local Essex and really local. Highly likely I'll feed them all tomorrow. But I need to buy food, all stocks of larger protein have been eaten. But I'll have to chat to them later. Son was back at work so everyone trying to find the 'new' routines.

Enjoy your weekend however you spent it.

Bakers2 replied on 12/10/2024 11:27

Posted on 12/10/2024 11:12 by Wildwood

Just build a raft for the motorhome.

Posted on 12/10/2024 11:27

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sadly we don't currently have one 😪😪. Would be a simpler DIY task 😀

milliehull replied on 12/10/2024 18:18

Posted on 12/10/2024 18:18

We had our covid jabs on Wednesday and felt definitely 'below par' for a couple of days - very tired and heachachey - and just wanted to sleep. We were supposed to go on a U3A church visit on Thursday afternoon and a talk at the History Society on Thursday evening but sadly cancelled both. Luckily I had enough energy today to lead a tour of Peterborough Cathedral as I had the maximum number of 15 people. I felt a bit like the Pied Piper! They were all lovely people and none of them local. The ladies on the Information Desk said that there had been a lot of visitors from abroad including a couple from Iceland and some from Iraq. It rained for most of the morning but has now stopped.  It is the Gt Eastern Run here tomorrow which goes past our house (twice, both going out and coming back) and our SIL and a friend are running in it so we will all be out there cheering them on.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/10/2024 21:21

Posted on 12/10/2024 21:21

A rather wet cool day. We had a short dry walk along by R. Jedwater before going into the Abbey just as It started to rain, so that cut our viewing short! More heavy showers during the day, but did manage to get Flyte out a couple of times without him getting very wet. This was our last day here before we head back into England tomorrow.

The river here is very popular with Grey Herons as we have seen at least one ever time we have walked by it and I saw 3 this afternoon. Not the best of photos but the best I could manage at the time!

Francis replied on 12/10/2024 23:00

Posted on 12/10/2024 23:00

We’ve had a nice day today took a drive down the coast to Port Patrick and had a lovely lunch at the Harbour House Hotel excellent as always we had planned to have a walk around the harbour but when we came out the pub after lunch it was freezing cold and began to rain so we took a drive back up to Stranraer instead and walked around there for an hour or so. Got back to the van about 6 and have spent the evening watching the tv and having a few drinks. Was very windy here earlier but it seems to have died down a bit now hoping it stays like that as we are pitched at the top end of the site which is quite exposed 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook