What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 17/10/2024 11:16

Posted on 17/10/2024 11:16

Friends of ours have had a new boiler system fitted two weeks ago and gosh it is the size of a small fridge with chimney vent to outside there is a large condenser by the side of it so OH had a  look at instructions to set it up for whilst they are away in the winter their fitters a married couple said that combi boilers are not used much over here although theirs is not possibly a version with combi in other countries but it is a lot smaller than their previous system which was German and it was huge at 2-2.5 square metres although with this system they have a free standing hot water tank which they had installed last year as they needed hot water for their b&b guests so have kept that system which is electric and they do have a lot more room in their boiler room plus a few other things in there.

Awaiting the storm forecast for today sometime this afternoon with a lot of rain in the forecast yuck get the wellies out.

Housework this morning and a few other chores including feed the birds. 

Wherenext replied on 17/10/2024 16:41

Posted on 17/10/2024 16:41

Many thanks to the NHS for keeping me going. Unfortunately Mrs.WN still testing positive some 10 days later! Both of us rather tired but we'll be fine. Dying to get out and about again.

Had a day of catching up with all of the paperwork I left to one side as it's a busy time of year for various renewal of covers. Not touched anything for well over a week.

Somehow, MiL escaped the Covid (to date). As she's just had a booster we're hoping she's super immune at present.

Apologies for missing any important news, if I have that is.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2024 20:23

Posted on 16/10/2024 22:59 by KjellNN

Nellie…….Did you find out why the pressure had dropped?

Posted on 17/10/2024 20:23

Kjell and David, it is a Vailent Combi boiler which has a lever on its underside, protected by a removable cover, that just needs pushing to return the pressure to its correct level. We have not identified the reason for the drop in pressure but as David found it may be because we had not used the heating up till we got home on Tuesday.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2024 20:39

Posted on 17/10/2024 20:39

Good to hear that you are over the infection WN, and hope that Mrs WN has soon recovered. Pleased to read that your MIL has avoided catching it, so far at least.

Another early rise as we had to be at our doctor's surgery by 8:30 for our Flu and Covid injections. So far no I'll effects apart from the usual "heavy" arms,  OH's especially, which is not unusual. Numerous jobs done round town, since we were down that way, before a taking Flyte for a walk in the park, and home by 11:00. It stayed fine and relatively warm but not good enough to put any washing out to dry. I had an afternoon trip to the local recycling centre with a load of garden waste before hoovering the car out. Getting bits ready for our next trip and hopefully I will be cleaning the inside, if not the outside, of the caravan tomorrow.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/10/2024 20:45

Posted on 17/10/2024 20:45

Nellie

Our heating has not been on for a couple of days as its been relatively warm. Having seen your post I decided to check my boiler and I can see that on the gauge the arrow is somewhere between zero and one, I  don't seem to get it much higher than one or one and half when I do repressurise it. Perhaps when the heating is on check the radiators just incase one needs to be bled. Our boiler is in an airing cupboard next to the shower room. The nearest radiator is the tall heated towel rail  and I sometimes notice that its cold at the top so I have to bleed it but then I know I have to readjust the pressure. Your system seem easier to deal with than mine?

David

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2024 21:40

Posted on 17/10/2024 20:45 by DavidKlyne

Nellie

Our heating has not been on for a couple of days as its been relatively warm. Having seen your post I decided to check my boiler and I can see that on the gauge the arrow is somewhere between zero and one, I  don't seem to get it much higher than one or one and half when I do repressurise it. Perhaps when the heating is on check the radiators just incase one needs to be bled. Our boiler is in an airing cupboard next to the shower room. The nearest radiator is the tall heated towel rail  and I sometimes notice that its cold at the top so I have to bleed it but then I know I have to readjust the pressure. Your system seem easier to deal with than mine?

David

Posted on 17/10/2024 21:40

DK, the service engineer stated that the pressure should be just over 1 when not in operation, as it will creep up as the water in the system will expand as it heats up.

I did bleed the system, after the boiler had been on for an hour, at the pair of radiators upstairs which were not heating up properly, and I guess that letting out quite a lot of air contributed to the fall in pressure. It has appeared to be working fine today, thankfully.

Oneputt replied on 18/10/2024 12:34

Posted on 18/10/2024 12:34

Had my car MOT’d on Tuesday, it passed with flying colours, no advisories.

Booked a trip to Rookesbury this coming Sunday that will be the seventh time this year!

Also booked Barleywood for half term, looking forward to some more Easterly winds and lots of rarity's

Wherenext replied on 18/10/2024 14:34

Posted on 18/10/2024 14:34

Returning to some sort of normality, so I offered to take MiL to the large M&S at Cheshire Oaks. The 2 of us set off and some ground rules were made, mainly so I could find the little devil later on as I needed to get some clothes from the first floor. Getting her to wear an Orange Gilet did the trick.smile

She seemed to enjoy it as it is spacious and not much foot traffic. We had a pleasant cuppa before heading home to a sniffling OH. There was a goodly amount of washing hung out in the sun and breeze and it had dried by early afternoon.

Weather on the change.

DEBSC replied on 18/10/2024 14:46

Posted on 18/10/2024 14:34 by Wherenext

Returning to some sort of normality, so I offered to take MiL to the large M&S at Cheshire Oaks. The 2 of us set off and some ground rules were made, mainly so I could find the little devil later on as I needed to get some clothes from the first floor. Getting her to wear an Orange Gilet did the trick.smile

She seemed to enjoy it as it is spacious and not much foot traffic. We had a pleasant cuppa before heading home to a sniffling OH. There was a goodly amount of washing hung out in the sun and breeze and it had dried by early afternoon.

Weather on the change.

Posted on 18/10/2024 14:46

You do make me smile WN. Maybe try reins or a megaphone to find her and keep her in check when shopping. She does sound a spry lady for her age. It also sounds as though you have a very good relationship, which is lovely. Hope that your OH is better soon.

Rufs replied on 18/10/2024 15:41

Posted on 18/10/2024 15:41

"Booked a trip to Rookesbury this coming Sunday that will be the seventh time this year!"

careful OP, weather forecast for Sunday down here not great, I know the site is in a dell hole and well sheltered, but last time i was there it was all grass and we are forecast for a lot of rain, but good luck, enjoy.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook