What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 24/10/2024 21:53

Posted on 24/10/2024 21:53

We too get the odd message from Alexa although we never actually use her "services "!!

Thanks Millie, I try to include something interesting from our visits. Glad to hear that you got the lock fixed, I dread to think what would happen shoud ours give up the ghost when we are out as access into the house otherwise would be a major problem.  We would probably have to camp out in the caravan until we could find a locksmith with time to sort it out. 

Visited another St Oswolds Church this morning, this one at East Huxwell, followed by a walk through Huxwell Manor estate where there were some beautiful autumn  colours. Then onto Temple Steward Resevoir for lunch and a circuit of the res. It has been dry again although the sun didn't appear until around 12:00, but it has been warm.

heddlo replied on 24/10/2024 22:09

Posted on 24/10/2024 16:37 by milliehull

heddlo I am told that Alexa goes into overdrive if you order anything from Amazon with numerous messages and updates!

Posted on 24/10/2024 22:09

Absolutely Millie, Alexa tells you what is coming from Amazon.  Ours even uses our first names now when we speak to it!  

mickysf replied on 25/10/2024 12:03

Posted on 25/10/2024 12:03

Mucho excitement in our household today. Just this minute booking our 70th birthday holiday treat for early next year. 
It’s full of Pura Vida hopefully!🤞

MrsSF is very excited, me too!

Wherenext replied on 25/10/2024 14:26

Posted on 25/10/2024 14:26

If it's Costa Rica Micky then I'm jealous.smile 

We're just back from a single night excursion in order to view the Autumn colours at Bodnant Gardens, just south of Conway. Fantastic day, weather wise, and we took our time to fully appreciate every route available to maximise the enjoyment.

Some photos of the day. Mrs WN swears she was looking at a Buzzard overhead whereas I think she was making the most of the sunshine. Anyway she was doing a pencil sketch of the Pin Mill from the far end of the pond.

The small independent site we stayed at nearby was excellent. I'll post about it in that thread on UK section.

Back home now to a somewhat foggy day. Feels about 10º colder.

Glad to read you didn't have to escape through the windows Millie.smile

Francis replied on 25/10/2024 19:45

Posted on 25/10/2024 19:45

We are away in the van just local but nice to be away. Site surprisingly busy considering th time of year. Dinner from the chippy tonight not much planned just a few drinks in the van tonight 

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

DEBSC replied on 25/10/2024 20:16

Posted on 25/10/2024 20:16

As soon as the river started to go down earlier in the week we hot footed it to the caravan. It’s time to start packing it up for the winter in case we do get a bad frost, we’ve done a lot, patio furniture and bbq wrapped up, spare bedding etc in vac bags, some items placed up high in the shed for if (when) it floods, etc.Need to do the last cleaning and defrost the freezer before we go. We have also had some trips out and caught up with relatives, the weather has been lovely, and mild we’ve hardly put the heating on. We’ve noticed that the trees here are far more autumnal than at home, all very pretty. We intended to eat out a bit but when I realised what was left in the freezer that scuppered that plan as I can’t waste food. I’ve got bags of store cupboard food to take home, the pantry there will be full for a while.

The site has a big firework display on tonight as the tourer pitches and some of the site closes next week, we can hear excited children with their parents walking past. We will watch them from our decking later as it can get a bit crowded over there. We have to go home soon as OH has his RSV injection on Monday. We may just pop back in December for the Christmas markets as the site doesn’t close proper until early January, but last year the river flooded just then and we couldn’t, so we are packing up completely for winter in case that happens again, I’ll just leave our bed made up and cross our fingers.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/10/2024 21:11

Posted on 25/10/2024 21:11

The joys of Leeds traffic for us today😱 An afternoon at St James Hospital, OH has got to have another Op, but he will be getting well looked after. Just a PITB having to travel, but it’s a stunning hospital, lovely staff. We had lunch in the Thackray Museum Building, which looks a fantastic visit, but we weren’t in the mood to view some of the grisly medical stuff from the past today. Lovely family made the journey less stressful for us, and thankfully no major hold ups on the M1. The hound had a pamper day with my Sister and Mum, so he is fine. 

nelliethehooker replied on 25/10/2024 21:41

Posted on 25/10/2024 21:41

Glad to read that you got away for a night, WN, and that you had a lovely day for your visit to Bodnant. Grand photos,  and Mrs WN is obviously enjoying the sunshine.

Have a good weekend away, Francis, are you using your free night voucher? 

Sounds like a busy few days at the caravan, Debs. Hope you are able to get back for a few nightsvin December. Enjoy the fireworks tonight.

Tda, fingers crossed that all goes well for you OH, just a shame that you have to travel to Leeds for it. 

It was a misty morning as we packed up but not really wet, so we got away dry and had a comfortable drive around to another new to us CL near Whitby. It is nearly full tonight, unlike the last one where we were the only van on it for all the time we were there, which was quite a shame as it was a grand newish CL. This one is very convenient for walking on the old railway track from Scarborough. It has stayed misty over on this coast all day, with just an odd glimpse of sunshine.

I had a phone call from our doctor's practice asking if I could come in that day for a blood test. As we are away I was able to arrange to go in the day after our return home without any problem.

milliehull replied on 26/10/2024 10:28

Posted on 26/10/2024 10:28

You sound as though you had lovely weather for your trip away WN. Lovely photos, especially the one of your OH enjoying the sun/watching the buzzard.undecided

Yesterday here was grey, misty drizzly and miserable. We passed the time by doing a big food shop as our son and family are arriving from N Ireland later today. We then went and had lunch in the local garden centre which is already fully equipped and decked out for Christmas.

I do hope all goes well for your OH tda. It sounds as though he is going to be well looked after.

I hope your caravan stays dry this winter DEBSC and that you manage to get to stay in it again before Christmas.

moulesy replied on 26/10/2024 15:33

Posted on 25/10/2024 12:03 by mickysf

Mucho excitement in our household today. Just this minute booking our 70th birthday holiday treat for early next year. 
It’s full of Pura Vida hopefully!🤞

MrsSF is very excited, me too!

Posted on 26/10/2024 15:33

Micky - that can only mean one thing, Costa Rica, and you'll love it. I'm very envious; we were there in 2018 and would love to go back one day. Some really memorable highlights - Tortuguero National Park, only accessible by boat, Arenal Mountain where all the hotel pools are heated geothermally, like having a bath that never goes cold, and, best of all, zip lining in Monteverde Cloud Forest, starting high above the clouds.

You must get back on here when you go to let us know where you are and what you're doing. Great to be able to look forward to it. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook