What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 04/02/2024 11:07

Posted on 04/02/2024 09:56 by Goldie146

Not good news.

Our 60 day TB retest threw up 3 new reactors and 16 Inconclusives. We now wait for official channels to decide what to do next. Nothing happens a weekends. Various options and protocols to observe.

And in other news - while our son was looking for his dog (busy exploring all round the nearby fields) he noticed that a window had blown out in our caravan. A smallish one over the cooker (not visible from the house - loo with a view). Tempory fix and dehumidifier in place. It's nearly 20 years old and owes us nothing, but there's no way we could afford to replace it. Besides, I like it.

Posted on 04/02/2024 11:07

Oh Goldie, that's like a punch in the stomach to me. Can't imagine how it's it you all. 😢😢😢

The wheels grind very slowly - let's hope they get their act together very soon. You'll need housing, feed, etc. What about your milk?

Fingers crossed the caravan will still be a refuge cos you'll need one.

Goldie146 replied on 04/02/2024 13:15

Posted on 04/02/2024 11:07 by Bakers2

Oh Goldie, that's like a punch in the stomach to me. Can't imagine how it's it you all. 😢😢😢

The wheels grind very slowly - let's hope they get their act together very soon. You'll need housing, feed, etc. What about your milk?

Fingers crossed the caravan will still be a refuge cos you'll need one.

Posted on 04/02/2024 13:15

The reactors are isolated and are milked separately after the others. They will be going to slaughter to an abattoir that has a government vet - very soon. It is difficult to isolate all the inconclusive as we don’t have enough empty buildings. The upcoming discussions will focus on these. The milk still goes to our milk buyer and is pasteurised. Likewise some milk goes to a local cheese maker where it is also pasteurised. 

Routine vaccination (for humans) stopped some time ago, so our grandsons are drinking bought milk. 

Bakers2 replied on 04/02/2024 14:04

Posted on 04/02/2024 14:04

Yes one wonders where you're supposed to conjur up spare buildings and space!

Never gave a thought that your grandsons might not be protected. Well done. Without being political we now can't rely on being a country that is measles etc free. My mother in law had TB as a child and hubby was much monitored as a child. Didn't realise routine vaccinations were no longer carried out. I remember queuing for the test at secondary school. My children too. 

Thoughts are with you

DEBSC replied on 04/02/2024 15:20

Posted on 04/02/2024 15:20

It appears that lots of the preventable illnesses are returning due to children not being vaccinated. I had all the usual vaccines as a child but not for TB, long story, Now I have a slight lung problem, after X-rays Drs decided that I had TB as a child, I didn’t I’m sure. I put the damage down to the dreadful London smogs. Sorry your poor cows have to be slaughtered Goldie, such a shame there isn’t a bovine vaccine for TB.

KjellNN replied on 04/02/2024 17:23

Posted on 04/02/2024 17:23

Been a busy 2 weeks with a couple of birthdays to celebrate.  On the 21st it was SIL's mother's 70th, so one  of her daughters held a lunch party for her, to which we were invited.

Then the following Saturday we looked after the boys while the adults in her family  celebrated her 70th and her sister's 60th out at an Italian restuarant.

Last week, on the 31st, it was Nathan's 3rd birthday, so we had a special lunch, then  yesterday all the family turned up for a buffet lunch at the house, with the big cake, and lots of presents.    Next birthday will be when Callum is 6, next month.

Have booked a trip to York after Easter in the hope we will be able to go......still waiting to hear when my op might be rescheduled.

Francis replied on 04/02/2024 17:44

Posted on 04/02/2024 17:44

We got home early this afternoon from a lovely first weekend of the year away at Strathclyde Park club site. Weather wasn’t too bad yesterday we went to the caravan show in Glasgow which was enjoyable much better than last years but quite expensive to get in to even with the club discount. Easy hour tow home today although there was quite a bit of fog on the M77 . Street was clear when we got home so had the van back on the drive and in it’s space within 5 mins. Hoping to get away again near the end of the month. 

Hope things improve Goldie 

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend 

Bakers2 replied on 04/02/2024 18:11

Posted on 04/02/2024 18:11

Just returned from a lovely huge birthday dinner. A day early.

Just us 2 and our son, so had my boys to myself 😀. Daughter in law away with her mum.and our grandson. Which meant we've had the grand dog for a week. Collected Friday, returned today. Now looks like DIL away overnight Wednesday for a conference so highly likely grand dog will stay until the end of the week. Now I understand why they think it's nice that we're nearer! 😉😉😉

Trying to book a day at Audley End to include us and our sons family, brother, his offspring and partners and grandchildren. Logistics.......... Thank goodness not got NZ family to include..... These days it's about halfway between us all. But little ones need train ride and  Fairy Glen 🧚‍♀️ too. Good job we've done the house and grounds before. Next will be organising the picnic and weather!

Hope folks have enjoyed their weekends. Nice to see others finding we can post again 😀

DavidKlyne replied on 04/02/2024 20:01

Posted on 04/02/2024 20:01

Two weeks ago tomorrow Margaret had her first hand operated on for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Trigger Finger. We are back at the hospital tomorrow for the second inspection at the Hand Therapy Department. In the meantime I have been dressing the hand so will be interesting to see how they are progressing. She can move her finger more easily but still a bit of pain from the operation site. She has to have the second hand done but before she can she will have to have the rings removed from her ring finger! She has also had an appointment come through to see the Physio about her Hip. So things are moving forward, albeit slowly!

David

Wherenext replied on 04/02/2024 20:16

Posted on 04/02/2024 20:16

Good news David. I was going to say fingers crossed but maybe not yet eh?smile

Days are packed. Today we picked up a Rug Doctor from Tesco first thing and moved a lot of furniture out of various rooms, at least as much as we could manage and spent the rest of the morning cleaning 5 rooms worth. Still have current living room to do before we retire for the night.

In between times we were hospital visiting MiL. If you had asked me last weekend for an update I would have been very pessimistic but the last 2 days have shown signs of an improvement. Still lots to be sorted but I was cheekily told off by her today and funnily enough didn't mind one bit. Signs of normality always good to see.

Sad to hear of Goldies' woes, especially when one doesn't know how it infiltrated itself. Best wishes

Hope everyone else chugging along safe and sound.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/02/2024 21:47

Posted on 04/02/2024 21:47

Sorry to read your news Goldie. Hope that you can get some useful information about what to do with the "inconclusives". 

David, best of luck at the hospital, hope they say what a good job you have been doing, and that the operation was a complete success.

Pleaders to read that the MIL is showing some improvement, WN. Hopefully that will continue.

I take it that it is your birthday tomorrow, B2. My best wishes for a lovely day.

We have booked a few days away at a new site to us in the not too distant future, just hope that the weather is kind to us when we do head off, as it has been such a wet start to the year. Spectacular red sky tonight which should promise a good day tomorrow.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook