What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 05/02/2024 10:14

Posted on 05/02/2024 10:14

Thinking of you Goldie. So difficult for you. Hope others are doing ok as well. 

Been very busy here with lots of things, but hoping we might get a couple of nights out next weekend. Skipton and Harrogate areas if it comes off. Skipton for castle and some craft supplies I need, then Rock and Gem Show Sunday at Harrogate. Keeping an eye on forecast, as we might get some snow. Be just a ride up to Harrogate for day if it snows.

We had a good day out in Bakewell last week, finally had a look around church which is very interesting. Some Saxon remains, and the Vernon and Manners (Of Haddon Hall) tombs are in there. This gave MH a good run out after clutch sorted. We stopped off at Shillito Woods on way home, up above Baslow, for a cuppa and to walk the hound. MH wouldn’t start when we tried to set off. Tried a couple of times, then it kicked in really strongly. OH checked it out once home, looks like an Earth wire on starter had not been fastened up correctly from clutch work, so hoping all is fine now.🤞We have noticed garage we have used for MH for last few years isn’t as good as it used to be, so currently looking for an alternative. Has to have a workshop capable of taking MH, but will ask our other usual vehicle garage for a recommend. Unfortunately they cannot get MH in. 

Wherenext replied on 05/02/2024 21:08

Posted on 05/02/2024 21:08

Good luck for your plans Ttda.  We're supposed to get some snow on Thursday through to early Friday.

Returned the carpet cleaner to Tesco first thing so did a food shop as well. I had a "free" afternoon but did some cooking for later in the week. OH took one of MiLs friends with her today.

We then had to pick up some nutrition drinks from a Pharmacy as Hospital out of stock!! Anyway we took them down there and on the way back thought we'd nip into our usual pub for a bite to eat. Just after 5 on a Monday? Shouldn't be a problem. Place was heaving. No tables all night. I thought people were short of money. Good job we had food at home.

Wish someone would turn this incessant strong wind off. Seems to have been blowing for months on end.

richardandros replied on 06/02/2024 07:07

Posted on 06/02/2024 07:07

Thinking of you as well Goldie - I hope things get sorted out soon, must be such a worry for you both.

Agree about the wind WN - when I went up to the dealers in Cumbria last week, I had to stay an extra night.  One of the guys who travels from Durham to Tebay every day rang me on Friday morning and said - "don't - under any circumstances attempt to tow the van over the A66 today - there are lorries getting blown all over the place. I've even had trouble controlling the car"!

Was much calmer when I did the trip on Saturday morning, thank goodness.

moulesy replied on 06/02/2024 11:20

Posted on 06/02/2024 11:20

I'd got out of the habit of checking in on CT in the morning and missed the fact that it's obviously been up and running again for a few days now. So good to be able to catch up on everyone's news.

We had a bit of a scary time with Lady last week - spent the whole of Monday asleep, wouldn't eat or drink and very reluctant to go outdoors. I stayed up all night with her, fearing the worst. She was a bit better on Tuesday and then, on Wednesday, almost back to her old, very vocal self! She even managed to make it into school this week for her "reading to dogs" session. It's coming up to a year now since she had her first collapse with vestibular syndrome  (which causes balance problems) - a year we never thought we'd have with her - and if she makes it to May she'll be 14 so each day with her now is a bit of a bonus. smile 🐕

In the meantime, I've had another birthday and Mrs M as bought me a trip to Krakow in April, a place I've always wanted to visit. She's not into city breaks so she's staying at home to look after the dogs and insisting that I behave myself while away! surprised

Rufs replied on 06/02/2024 15:31

Posted on 06/02/2024 15:31

Pretty mundane couple of weeks for us, had a very good talk on Fraud/scamming by the local Fraud & Crime prevention officer at the Stroke club last week, I am not surprised at how many older folk get scammed or are the victim of fraud mostly done over the telephone, a lot do not have mobile phones only land lines which makes it much easier for the scammer as they can call you and then keep the line up whilst pretending to be the bank etc, very sad for some folks.

my main goal today was to cut the grass and i achieved it, we have had a very strong westerly for the last couple of days and the grass was not dry, but dry enough to cut, really pleased as we are due a few days of rain with temperatures in the low teens so the grass grows quite quickly at anything over 10c.

do hope all those who are having a particularly hard time just now for what ever reason pull through to better times, spring is around the corner, we have snow drops and daffs out, not in abundance but they are there.

KjellNN replied on 06/02/2024 20:02

Posted on 06/02/2024 20:02

OH was not feeling great after the party on Saturday, possibly something she ate, though nobody else at the party has reported a problem, thankfully.   She now seems back to normal.

Today I received a new appointment with the cardiologist, strangely for a week before the previous, cancelled, one.  I also have to have another blood test at our GP to check kidney function.  At least things are finally happening.

DavidKlyne replied on 06/02/2024 21:24

Posted on 06/02/2024 21:24

Kj, The same thing happened with Margaret's with the hand surgeon to check his handiwork! The new date meant we had to change our early site booking and move it back. Despite being within the 21 days there was no penalty, no doubt because the website was down at the time, although the site fee has gone up by about £4 for the booking as I think we spill over into the weekend rates. 

She went back to the hand clinic on Monday, three weeks after the Op. They seem quite happy and no need for dressings. I think Margaret has mixed feelings about that as she is concerned that she could damage the wound. I don't know what they use to mark the operation site but its the devils own job to get it off!

David

Oneputt replied on 06/02/2024 21:45

Posted on 06/02/2024 21:45

After 8 weeks in hospital my brother finally left and has been transferred to a nursing home in Norwich.  It’s now going to be a 50 mile return journey to visit him. Still it is what it is.

Checked the caravan today, first time since before Xmas.  All appears to be in order despite the lack of regular maintenance.  Doesn’t look as if we will get away any time soon

Been really windy here for the last week, temperatures have been quite warmish up to 14C so no need to run the heating for much of the day

Hope all those suffering are making progress 

Wherenext replied on 06/02/2024 23:02

Posted on 06/02/2024 23:02

Glad to read about your brother getting out of hospital OnePutt. 

We had a meeting with all concerned today at the hospital. Looks like another 3 weeks at the least for MiL. They seem to have stabilised some things so we hope the next weeks will be doing rehab and physio work.

Doesn't look like we'll be using the caravan anytime soon either, although we are getting out in the mornings when we can.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook