What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 02/02/2024 20:13

Posted on 02/02/2024 20:13

Had a drive across the new bridge this morning, for us it’s very convenient.  In the summer we will be able to walk over the bridge to Yarmouths South Beach

Francis replied on 02/02/2024 20:35

Posted on 02/02/2024 20:35

Nice to be back on here and catch up with everyone’s news

We are away in the van first trip away of the year just local but great to be away again site not too busy we arrived just after 2 and weather has been ok. Not doing a lot tonight just having a few drinks in the van.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

DSB replied on 03/02/2024 00:16

Posted on 02/02/2024 20:35 by Francis

Nice to be back on here and catch up with everyone’s news

We are away in the van first trip away of the year just local but great to be away again site not too busy we arrived just after 2 and weather has been ok. Not doing a lot tonight just having a few drinks in the van.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

Posted on 03/02/2024 00:16

Have a good time away, Francis. 

We went down to Ludlow for three nights last week.... stayed at the AS site, owned by Morris Leisure.  We took opportunity of their 3 nights for the price of 2 offer.  A couple of weeks before we went to the club site at Castleton, when we used our 'free night' offer from the CAMC.  Just trying to work out if there are any more free nights going...   🤣🤣🤣

David

Francis replied on 03/02/2024 18:39

Posted on 03/02/2024 18:39

Good day today we went to the caravan show at Glasgow SEC was actually very good much better than last year lots more exhibits and a farmers market so we picked up some nice steak pies from one of the stalls. Now back at the caravan not much planned tonight telly and a few drinks 

Sounds like you’ve had some good trips away already David 

DSB replied on 03/02/2024 18:59

Posted on 03/02/2024 18:39 by Francis

Good day today we went to the caravan show at Glasgow SEC was actually very good much better than last year lots more exhibits and a farmers market so we picked up some nice steak pies from one of the stalls. Now back at the caravan not much planned tonight telly and a few drinks 

Sounds like you’ve had some good trips away already David 

Posted on 03/02/2024 18:59

Our daughter and Son in Law went to the show earlier this week.  The bought a boat!!  The live on Lewis and had an old boat which Wayne uses for fishing.  The storm blew something off it (can't remember what...😀), and although the boat still works, I think they felt it was time to upgrade...

As well as the pies, hope you didn't find the trip 'too expensive'.  😀😀

David

Francis replied on 03/02/2024 20:38

Posted on 03/02/2024 20:38

Luckily David not too expensive we looked at a few vans but we like our current caravan we’ve had it from new and it’s now 6 years old but it suits us with the layout and size. Farmers market wasn’t cheap though. We did see the boats there too hope your family enjoy theirs 

DSB replied on 03/02/2024 20:51

Posted on 03/02/2024 20:38 by Francis

Luckily David not too expensive we looked at a few vans but we like our current caravan we’ve had it from new and it’s now 6 years old but it suits us with the layout and size. Farmers market wasn’t cheap though. We did see the boats there too hope your family enjoy theirs 

Posted on 03/02/2024 20:51

Thanks Francis.  We went to the NEC last year - that cost us a small fortune....  a new van!  🤣🤣

David

Bakers2 replied on 04/02/2024 08:31

Posted on 04/02/2024 08:31

Server errors again. Just posted on that thread. Only one that would open! Tried my open tabs again to find they all open........

Please keep posting. I'm longing, with everything crossed, to hear from Goldie especially at the moment.

Nice to read other's news. Not much to report here, I had garden help Friday but I couldn't help! Saturday started with lovely morning and I promised myself a potter out there. It was short lived as heavy shower. Nice to see the bulbs coming up. Plenty of snowdrops. Fingers crossed, and everything else, just one patch of 3 cornered leek- in my new turf 😢. I covered the turf and resorted to weedkiller 😱. It seems to be working.

I've pots of daffodils that were dug out, to lay turf, in pots doing very well so they can be put in the gaps. 

We definitely don't have crocus anywhere in the garden. So I'll see if there's any in pots reduced soon 😉 or make a note to buy bulbs in the autumn.

Enjoy your day folks

HelenandTrevor replied on 04/02/2024 09:13

Posted on 04/02/2024 09:13

Good Morning all, I see we're back, well done to all staff involved 👏

Had a quick read through the posts,  Fingers crossed for Goldie hoping you get the all clear from the TB tests. Good to have a catch up. Bakers2 we also have lots of snowdrops they are earlier this year. Even a few daffodil heads appearing. 

We enjoyed a couple days at Moreton in Marsh last weekend, used our free night voucher,  site has changed a bit since we last stayed,  lots more service pitches and now yurts and safari tents too.  It was good to be away, everywhere was fairly busy as the weather good. Discovered when we got home that a back spring had broken on the car, new one ordered, shame it wasn't a front spring OH has a spare in the garage!🤣 New one all fitted now so back up and running, just handy that OH can do the repairs. 

Otherwise it's been a quiet week. Just waiting for Virgin Media's contractors to start digging up the same pavements that Swish Fibre dug up last year, they have just finished the next  Street up, so expecting them Monday.😫

Better get a move on,  must change passwords,  it's good to be back though, keep posting all your news, Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

Goldie146 replied on 04/02/2024 09:56

Posted on 04/02/2024 09:56

Not good news.

Our 60 day TB retest threw up 3 new reactors and 16 Inconclusives. We now wait for official channels to decide what to do next. Nothing happens a weekends. Various options and protocols to observe.

And in other news - while our son was looking for his dog (busy exploring all round the nearby fields) he noticed that a window had blown out in our caravan. A smallish one over the cooker (not visible from the house - loo with a view). Tempory fix and dehumidifier in place. It's nearly 20 years old and owes us nothing, but there's no way we could afford to replace it. Besides, I like it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook