What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 23/07/2024 20:38

Posted on 23/07/2024 20:38

My bus pass is due for renewal, it runs out on Saturday. For some reason you can only apply for them 4 weeks before they expire in MK.  I duly sent off my renewal and had confirmation they had got it and it was work in progress. What I didn't notice was a second email about an hour after the first telling me the photo I sent was unacceptable! Having ignored this email I started to wonder where my bus pass was! Fortunately they keep the application on record and all I had to do was the submit another photo. Fingers crossed this one is acceptable?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 23/07/2024 20:45

Posted on 22/07/2024 14:43 by heddlo

Hope you enjoy your new car Milliehull.  We have been having this conversation about the car for a few months as well,  now we don’t have the caravan.  We have a Kia Sorento and it’s a great car, quite economical for its size, it has been 100% reliable and apart from usual maintenance it costs us nothing at the moment to keep.  OH doesn’t want to change it at all at present.  Do we go Hybrid, or another diesel, or stick with what we have a bit longer (which is the cheapest option). We could never go back to a manual after 8 years of an automatic which is so relaxing to drive, although I think it depends on what you are used to I suppose.  Further discussions to have.  

Glad you enjoyed NYM site Richard.  It was always our favourite site.  Shame to hear about the Ruswarp cafe, we often enjoyed a quiet coffee there.  Is the Garden Centre gone too?

Posted on 23/07/2024 20:45

I think R&R might be talking about the cafe that’s near the boat hire, and miniature railway heddlo. We visited Perry’s Nursery and Cafe back in April, and all was fine there, didn’t leave empty handed either, 🤭 plants, book, gifts. Love this place, one of my favourite plant buying places.

Glad all went well at the hospital Millie. I too have “floaters” and had the get yourself to hospital quickly routine. Thankfully all still ok with my eyes.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/07/2024 21:43

Posted on 23/07/2024 21:43

Good to read that you got home safely, Francis, and very impressed with the car cleaning so soon!! Well done. Glad that you enjoyed your 3 weeks away.

Pleased to hear that your consultant found nothing wrong with your eye, Millie, it just be a great relief for you. After a while you will not notice the floaters, if they are anything like those that I have.

Richard, i hope that the swelling goes down rapidly and that you do not have to dash off to A&E. I guess it will have put a stop to your getting away for a while.

Sounds like a pleasant afternoon, WN. Were you able to take MIL out on your walk, or is it a bit too soon for her to be out and about?

It was a beautiful day here, at home, and I was able to get the outside of the caravan cleaned between walks out with Flyte and OH. After lunch OH had her yearly checkup with the practice nurse, and on the way there we received a text,  followed up by a phone call, from Sergeant, about the alarm on the caravan being activated!! Having just left the house, where we store the caravan, and with our next door neighbour polishing his car adjacent, I knew that it was safe, but after dropping off OH I had to drive back home to reset the alarm, then back to the doctor's to pick up OH, arriving just as she exited the surgery. However I shouldn't complain about the call, as that is why we pay the premium for them to keep track of the caravan.

Wherenext replied on 23/07/2024 22:08

Posted on 23/07/2024 22:08

Glad all went well Millie. Welcome to Floater World.

Nellie - We left MiL at home as she was out for a chaperoned walk with OH in the morning. Distance was curtailed from her normal walks. We were only out for a couple  of hours. Hope OH's MoT went well.

We started getting phone calls about 10-15 minutes into a drive from Scorpion asking if we were in the Van. After the third automated one I rang them. Silly **** had us down as having a different system so naturally there was no fob in the vehicle for that system. They've made 4 administrative errors to date so can't say I'm too impressed.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/07/2024 22:28

Posted on 23/07/2024 22:28

Good to hear MIL is out and about again WN, she does magnificently👏👏  

Hope you and Mrs Nellie are ok Nellie, not too much down time at home before your next tour hopefully. 

I had a really good morning up at Mum’s today. A lovely warm sunny day, so got a lot more done to an area I am renovating. It’s cost next to nothing to do, as I found all sorts of garden treasures ready to be re used…….nice old bricks for a retaining wall, some lovely flat limestone slabs, used for steps and borders. An old fashioned dustbin lid, edged with small limestone pieces has made a nice little pond/birdbath, plenty of plants to split and set into new part of garden. Some plants I have grown from seed, like hollyhocks have gone in. I even found an un opened roll of weed suppressing membrane to put down ready to have bark on top. That will happen Thursday hopefully. Still a bit to do, but it’s transformed a not very nice area into a lovely little sun trap area, sheltered and warm. Greenhouse is up there as well. 
Back home mid afternoon, and a lovely dip in our pool rounded out the day nicely. Day off tomorrow……where to go🤔

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook