What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 20/07/2024 16:37

Posted on 20/07/2024 16:37

Glad to hear that your trip ‘home’ has gone well KjellNN.  I’m sure as much as it’s been enjoyable for you it’s always good to get back to a rough routine again and your own house.  I know we always feel like that after our Far East trips! 

Hope you MIL feels better soon Wherenext, sore ribs are pretty painful for a while.  We had similar experiences with my late Mum and MIL but somehow they always managed to get issues just before we went away, and indeed on our way somewhere.  That’s life sometimes!  

Take care with your eye Millie and hope it gets a proper look at very soon.

It’s a bit cooler here today, thankfully.  We are grand dog sitting and he’s so lively whatever the weather, it’s a shame we aren’t!  Another week and we take him back.

Our garden it looking quite good just now, I suppose all the rain then the warmer weather has helped out.  The hosta is pretty just now, Hostahousy did suggest a name for it a while back but I’ve forgotten it now. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 20/07/2024 17:55

Posted on 20/07/2024 17:55

Very sorry to read about your MIL's fall Wherenext,  wishing her all the best for a speedy recovery. Glad you had a good break, I didn't realise there was a P.footpath round RSPB Coombes,  we were there back in April but as it said no dogs we didn't venture in.

It's been much cooler today and rather cloudy, I have to admit it feels better than yesterday's 30°+ heat. We had a walk round the local reservoir and then went to the Herb Centre, resisted buying anymore plants but did enjoy some Lemon cake in the  cafe 😋

Thank  you R&R for the warden update at NYM sounds like you are enjoying your holiday, bit envious,  don't think we will make it up there this year.😢

Wherenext replied on 20/07/2024 18:47

Posted on 20/07/2024 18:47

Hi Helen. The PF doesn't actually go around the outside of the reserve but does enter it at Sharpcliffe Hall and skirt the south western part of the reserve. It's well signposted in that part of the reserve. In fact the only 2 people we saw in our time there were walking a dog that had great delight in cooling off in the river (Churnet?).

We've come to accept that life often gets in the way of most planned things Heddlo. No point railing against it as it doesn't change anything.

Edit - I don't think KjellN is actually home yet as he has been across to an island in Norway and returned to base.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/07/2024 19:12

Posted on 20/07/2024 19:12

Cooled off a bit here today, but still warm enough for a swim. Loving the pool, if we can’t get away, it’s giving us lots of fun and exercise.

inside now, pizzas and catch up on TdeF….

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook