What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 18/07/2024 22:09

Posted on 18/07/2024 22:09

Nellie,  it's an RSPB reserve about 10 minutes south of Leek. Whilst dogs aren't allowed in there is a good Public Footpath that runs along and through the western edge of it. When we had a dog we had several walks in the immediate area using OS maps that we incorporated the PF into them.

The reserve is best seen in Spring, late April/ early May when the Pied Flycatchers and Redstarts return as they tend to be singing then. Be warned, there are no flat bits.

Not home until tomorrow morning. MiL quite OK thanks.

HelenandTrevor replied on 18/07/2024 22:13

Posted on 18/07/2024 22:13

Been. Catching up. Some lovely photos, there are some wonderful places in this country, have to agree about Yorkshire  R&R, its one of my favourite countries too. Sounds like trips away are going well, and everyone's making the most of the better weather. We've had another very warm day today too, I have been at work though. 🙁

Car passed its MOT so all good for a while,  can sort the insurance now, I was waiting until after the MOT before renewing, have until the end of the month anyway. 

Sorry to read about your eye Millie, glad to hear you got it sorted. 

David, I bet Margaret is feeling relieved to have her tooth removed,  I had a phone call from my dental  practice to say my dentist was leaving,  and my check up had to be re arranged,  I hate having to change dentists.

We have been sitting outside this evening,  our local foxes are getting bolder, they just sit and watch us, watching them now! 🙂

DavidKlyne replied on 18/07/2024 22:15

Posted on 18/07/2024 22:15

Nellie

The dentist we use is moving to Southampton which is a bit weird as we moved from Southampton to MK!!! Fortunately she is still there to finish the course of treatment, she apparently leaves next week. Since our practise was taken over from the original group of dentists who had been there years we have had so many changes, which is a bit unsettling. Even all the admin staff have changed. Not quite the same as it used to be. I don't think we will be rushing to change, reserve that judgement to when we get to see the new dentist!

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook