What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 16/07/2024 11:03

Posted on 16/07/2024 10:50 by Wherenext

Francis - I read about a new cycle route being opened up in North Somerset the other day and meant to post it for you so here it is

Pier-to-Pier Cycle Route

Enjoying a coffee break before going to town to pick the ladies up. OH has accompanied her mother on the bus this morning, another box ticked.

We had OH's cousin visit us unexpectedly yesterday to see how his aunt was progressing. Nice to see them again as they live in Scotland.

We also offloaded nearly all of our caravan equipment to someone who is looking to buy a caravan shortly. We gave it away, at least it was a good cause.

Just have the one item now left. We can see more garage space.laughing

Enjoy NYM RandR. The way things are going you don't know how long the site has left.

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:03

Thanks for that WN much appreciated. I actually cycled part of this route last week but didn’t realise it was now an “official” route it was just a route I had done the last time we were in the area. Hoping to get out a couple of times later this week so will find this useful many thanks 

Dry but very breezy here today but speaking to someone else on site this morning and they say it’s to brighten up for the rest of the week 

DEBSC replied on 16/07/2024 11:20

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:20

Went to Burford Garden Centre yesterday, the place was packed, we thought it might be quieter on a Monday, the cafe was particularly busy. Just had a prawn roll but very nice, oh then I must admit to a coffee and cake later. We didn’t buy anything, except a couple of scotch eggs for our tea. Love it there but oh the prices, OH liked a shirt just plain white, but he changed his mind after seeing the price £120! Nice to have a good look around there though. Then we drove back past Diddly Squat, we knew it would be closed, but as we were so close just went to look. Wouldn’t have gone if it was open as would have been too much traffic. Not a fan of Clarksons but he does highlight the farmers. I like seeing the countryside and watching the farming bits though. I always wondered why fields had the set tramlines, now I know.

Granddaughter runs a brownie group with some friends, they took them all out for the day on Sunday, she said it went well and they had a lovely time. Unfortunately her wheelchair has broken but NHS are coming to see what can be done today, hope it doesn’t take too long to repair as she had to wait months to get it, hoping they will leave her a replacement for the time being.

richardandros replied on 16/07/2024 11:50

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:50

"Enjoy NYM RandR. The way things are going you don't know how long the site has left."

I'm intrigued WN - do you know something I don't???? It is a lot quieter than we have seen it before - but that's probably down to the weather. When we were here, about the same time last year - it was 30+ degrees!

vbfg replied on 16/07/2024 12:15

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:20 by DEBSC

Went to Burford Garden Centre yesterday, the place was packed, we thought it might be quieter on a Monday, the cafe was particularly busy. Just had a prawn roll but very nice, oh then I must admit to a coffee and cake later. We didn’t buy anything, except a couple of scotch eggs for our tea. Love it there but oh the prices, OH liked a shirt just plain white, but he changed his mind after seeing the price £120! Nice to have a good look around there though. Then we drove back past Diddly Squat, we knew it would be closed, but as we were so close just went to look. Wouldn’t have gone if it was open as would have been too much traffic. Not a fan of Clarksons but he does highlight the farmers. I like seeing the countryside and watching the farming bits though. I always wondered why fields had the set tramlines, now I know.

Granddaughter runs a brownie group with some friends, they took them all out for the day on Sunday, she said it went well and they had a lovely time. Unfortunately her wheelchair has broken but NHS are coming to see what can be done today, hope it doesn’t take too long to repair as she had to wait months to get it, hoping they will leave her a replacement for the time being.

Posted on 16/07/2024 12:15

A hundred and twenty pounds for a shirt!  I wonder how many of them they sell?

I don't like Clarkson either and he most probably highliights the farmers as he now knows how it affects them, as it affected himself.  It was in the papers this morning that he has now bought a pub, so perhaps he is now concentrating on that rather than on the farm shop.

My son is a paraplegic and was loaned a wheelchair as  his went in for repair and he had only had it a few days when it collapsed as one of the cross bars underneath completely snapped.  Very luckily, I managed to borrow one off my friend as my son cannot even stand up and is completley imnmobile without a wheelchair.  He has used one now for almost 50 years but it was only the second time that we had had a serious problem with one of them, so all things being considered, that is pretty good.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2024 13:49

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:50 by richardandros

"Enjoy NYM RandR. The way things are going you don't know how long the site has left."

I'm intrigued WN - do you know something I don't???? It is a lot quieter than we have seen it before - but that's probably down to the weather. When we were here, about the same time last year - it was 30+ degrees!

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:49

Club has announced 5 non facility sites are to close this season. It’s the annual cull of loved places that don’t make the large income the Club now needs. Details are in UK sites section, Nunnykirk, Bromyard, Dockray Meadows + 2 others. Five more coffin nails…….

DEBSC replied on 16/07/2024 15:22

Posted on 16/07/2024 12:15 by vbfg

A hundred and twenty pounds for a shirt!  I wonder how many of them they sell?

I don't like Clarkson either and he most probably highliights the farmers as he now knows how it affects them, as it affected himself.  It was in the papers this morning that he has now bought a pub, so perhaps he is now concentrating on that rather than on the farm shop.

My son is a paraplegic and was loaned a wheelchair as  his went in for repair and he had only had it a few days when it collapsed as one of the cross bars underneath completely snapped.  Very luckily, I managed to borrow one off my friend as my son cannot even stand up and is completley imnmobile without a wheelchair.  He has used one now for almost 50 years but it was only the second time that we had had a serious problem with one of them, so all things being considered, that is pretty good.

Posted on 16/07/2024 15:22

Vbfg, I think that sometimes they don’t realise how much a disabled person needs their wheelchair, as it is their legs, as in your Sons case it must be his lifeline. They asked our granddaughter if she needed it every day! It fell over going up an uneven pavement, she tipped out and it snapped the part holding the wheel, at least she suffered no damage.

They probably do sell a few of the shirts, Cotswolds -Cameron, Clarkson, Amanda Holden and the Beckhams etc homes, seems to be plenty of money around the area now. Shame really as when I was growing up there it was lovely and unspoilt, now it’s millionaire country.

richardandros replied on 16/07/2024 15:48

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:49 by Takethedogalong

Club has announced 5 non facility sites are to close this season. It’s the annual cull of loved places that don’t make the large income the Club now needs. Details are in UK sites section, Nunnykirk, Bromyard, Dockray Meadows + 2 others. Five more coffin nails…….

Posted on 16/07/2024 15:48

Thanks ttda - Of course - it was mentioned on here recently - but I didn't join the dots and realise they were all non-facility sites. I really hope this one doesn't go as well - we never use site facilities anyway, so it makes no difference to us - although I must admit that I'm getting to the age where serviced pitches have their attractionssmile. This site has always been more relaxed - more like a big CL in some ways - and that's why we like it. Having said that, these new wardens have changed that atmosphere quite a lot, but I won't harp on about that.

HelenandTrevor replied on 16/07/2024 17:21

Posted on 16/07/2024 17:21

Dropped my car off this morning to have 4 new tyres fitted, so it's good to go for it's MOT on Thursday, been a good little car, almost 20 years old now. 🤣

Lovely to read about trips away, we like the NYM site R&R, not stayed for a couple of years, but I remember the warden's being lovely. Pleased you're enjoying Somerset Francis, hope the weather stays fine. I really liked Wells, but wasn't impressed with Glastonbury.

DEBSC, I've never visited Burford Garden Centre, can't think why as we don't live that far away, 🤔 must make the effort and take a look.Hope things work out with the wheelchair. 

milliehull replied on 16/07/2024 17:49

Posted on 16/07/2024 17:49

We had a good weekend with the family. Local son, DIL and 2 grandsons came over Saturday eve and we all had a chinese takeaway. Eldest grandson now having driving lessons 🥹. Doesn't seem old enough to me 😁. On Sunday we all went to our eldest grand-daughter's for birthday celebrations - her 29th on Sunday and her fiance's 30th last Tuesday. She gave him a rather grand BBQ for his birthday (having lived in Australia for several years he loves a BBQ!) So it was christened on Sunday. The weather was dry, warm.but not very sunny. It was a lovely family day.

Today the weather is dreadful. Torrential rain all night and most of this morning. Started to dry up and then a thunderstorm mid afternoon. The new exhibition 'Monsters of the Deep' opened yesterday in the Cathedral so it was very busy on the shop. We have some lovely merchandise relating to the exhibition. Lovely to see people enjoying themselves. Quite a few Americans.

Best of luck with the MOT for your car Helen. My car is even older than yours and still doing good service luckily. I hope your grand-daughter gets her wheelchair sorted out soon DEBSC. Glad you are enjoying Somerset Francis and you also in The Dales nellie. I think the weather is supposed to improve for a few days this week.

DSB replied on 16/07/2024 20:13

Posted on 15/07/2024 10:33 by DSB

On our second site of the summer..... and the rain comes!!  Nice day yesterday whilst travelling, and managed a Cadac evening meal last night.  Not looking good today though!  😧

David

Posted on 16/07/2024 20:13

Well yesterday was a washout! (Weather-wise)....  Today was cloudy but with one or two bright spells.  It's cleared up to quite a nice evening...  Cadac out for evening meal and still sitting oitside....  I won't say where we are, until a little later (to avoid spoiling the guessing game:  https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/name-that-camc-site/?er=P860214#P860214

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook