What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 16/07/2024 21:34

Posted on 16/07/2024 21:34

Sorry to read that others have been having poor weather, which has now arrived this evening  in Nidderdale. We had a longer than  anticipated tow this morning as the road we had intended to take was closed, which meant a detour and an additional 15 mls or so. However we will use a different route when heading back towards home. It thankfully stayed dry when packing up a and all afternoon so we were able to get a couple of walks in along the River Nidd path. I came across this interesting Gothic House, Castlestead, and this trio of statues on the old Station's turning circle. We now have a red sky after the heavy rain!!

Good to read that you all enjoyed your stay in S.Cumbria, even if the weather wasn't perfect, WN. I guess you will have found it much easier cleaning "The Van" than your caravan and car.

Fingers crossed that your car sails through its MOT, Helen.

Glad you had decent weather for the family BBQ, Millie. It sounds like you all had a super time.

I hope that the weather improves for all those who are out with their caravans/Motorhomes.

Wherenext replied on 16/07/2024 22:33

Posted on 16/07/2024 22:33

Lovely photos Nellie.

Sign in doctors surgery "Flu jab appointments from 24th.July". So it's official, Summer finishes next week.laughing

Francis replied on 16/07/2024 23:35

Posted on 16/07/2024 23:35

Nice day here today was windy this morning but cleared up and ended up quite warm. Took a trip up to Bristol today to visit the SS Great Britain we had been before but it was 18 years ago so we felt a return visit was due. What a great day very good museum with info about the boat and of course Brunel himself the ship has been restored since we were last here and gives a great impression of what life would have been like for those aboard. After we had been there we took a wander along the riverside which was very pleasant we had visited Bristol before and to be honest hadn’t been impressed but today we got a much better impression of it so a return visit may be on the cards. Nellie and WN will appreciate this I’m sure as the car was filthy so on the way back to the van I took it to one of the self wash places at an Esso £6 for a snow foam and jet wash so Volvo now sparkling again and should do now until we are back home at the middle of next week. 

Millie sounds like you had a nice weekend. David enjoy your break 

DSB replied on 17/07/2024 08:07

Posted on 17/07/2024 08:07

Thanks Francis.  Forecast is better for today....  we'll see how it pans out, but might even manage a visit to the beach today...?

David

richardandros replied on 17/07/2024 08:24

Posted on 17/07/2024 08:24

Lovely warm and sunny weather, here at NYM, David - just got things out of the freezer for tonight's BBQsmile Off into Whitby later on the basis that mid-week might be quieter than at the weekend.

DSB replied on 17/07/2024 08:44

Posted on 17/07/2024 08:24 by richardandros

Lovely warm and sunny weather, here at NYM, David - just got things out of the freezer for tonight's BBQsmile Off into Whitby later on the basis that mid-week might be quieter than at the weekend.

Posted on 17/07/2024 08:44

..... I'm told it's steak night for us tonight.... done on the Cadac... hopefully!!  😀😀  Enjoy Whitby...

David

Goldie146 replied on 17/07/2024 09:13

Posted on 17/07/2024 09:13

It's fine! It's warm! It's sunny!

So as soon as the dew is off the grass the mowers are going in.The forecast is likely to change, but we're optimistic that 2nd cut silage is GO!

DSB replied on 17/07/2024 11:27

Posted on 16/07/2024 20:13 by DSB

Well yesterday was a washout! (Weather-wise)....  Today was cloudy but with one or two bright spells.  It's cleared up to quite a nice evening...  Cadac out for evening meal and still sitting oitside....  I won't say where we are, until a little later (to avoid spoiling the guessing game:  https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/name-that-camc-site/?er=P860214#P860214

David

Posted on 17/07/2024 11:27

...we're at Hunter's Moon.  Certainly not beach weather, so after a bit of shopping at the supermarkdt, we drove out to Christchurch, and walked around the 'wharf' - visited the Mill (and the tea shop with the same name) and the Priory.

Still cool in the shade today, but the sun has come out, so we may well ha e a drive down to Knoll Beach at Studland.  If it gets cooler, we can always visit the beach cafe.... 🤣🤣

David

KjellNN replied on 17/07/2024 12:42

Posted on 17/07/2024 12:42

Hot and sunny here on the Lofoten Islands.   The weather on our trip  overall has been pretty good, 2 hot and sunny days after our daughter and family arrived last week, and lovely every day since last Sunday.

My sister’s birthday party went well, 46 people in total, mainly family, and the following morning we had 27 for breakfast at her house.

We came here on Monday, by ferry at 7am, staying in an Air B&B, which is a nice house just outside a small town.  Yesterday we visited the Viking  museum nearby, today we oldies are visiting my cousins, and the young people have gone off to the beach.  Tomorrow I am not sure what we are doing, and on Friday we take the ferry back to the mainland at 14.45, so only 4 nights here.  

The time seems to have gone very fast, we travel back to UK on Monday afternoon.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/07/2024 12:50

Posted on 17/07/2024 12:50

Sounds a fantastic holiday K, and I bet you enjoying seeing family, catching up with your birth land. 

Lovely day here, at the moment, hot and sunny. But I can see some very black clouds around as well. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook