What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 21/07/2024 09:28

Posted on 21/07/2024 09:28

Sorry to hear about MIL Wherenext, hope that she makes a speedy recovery. I know from experience that that phone call gives you a shock, glad that you weren’t too far away.

Good luck with the new car Millie. I have a full licence but have only driven automatics for the last 40 years. Everyone used to laugh at me, many not liking them but now they seem more the norm. I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to drive a manual now.

An old friend came for a bbq on Friday, normally when we say bbq it chucks it down but it was the opposite, so very hot and little shade at the caravan. We decided to go over to the Clubhouse for a drink but they had failed to put any parasols out so not much better, even so we had a good catchup. My cousin and her husband are coming for a bbq this afternoon, the weather looks better for it warm but cloudy.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/07/2024 10:23

Posted on 21/07/2024 10:23

DEBSC

I have not been driving automatics as long as you but every car in the last 17 years has had an auto box, even when towing. I just wish that my two motorhomes had, had auto boxes. I could be wrong but I think all EV's have auto boxes of sorts. Clearly if someone is more comfortable driving a car with a manual gearbox that is what they should stick with. Having said that I think you are right is saying that manual gearboxes will become a thing of the past in the not too distant future? My current car was a bit of a learning curve. Because its an HEV its often in just electric mode when you stop. I somethings forget to turn off the engine which is done by pressing a button!!!!

David

HelenandTrevor replied on 21/07/2024 11:02

Posted on 21/07/2024 11:02

Lovely morning here, sunny but fresher feeling. 

OH has the MG out, giving it a wash. Surprising how dusty it gets in the garage, 😂 perhaps we'll take it for a drive later.

Glad you enjoyed your stay at NYM R&R, safe trip home. Hope the warden's haven't put you off revisting next year, these NF sites need all the help they can get.

Enjoy your bbq DEBSC

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook