What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 08/02/2024 09:12

Posted on 08/02/2024 09:12

Oh Goldie that is so sad.  We do feel for you all and can only hope things improve.  

TTDA - Haven’t heard of the car show or a plant fair recently at Burton Agnes although they do sell a good small selection of plants, mostly snowdrops and miniature irises yesterday.  We do know about the Anne Griffiths ghost story.  Think the skull is in a secret location these days, well, if I lived there I wouldn’t want to try to move it!!!! 

Thinking of those of you with poorly family members.  I remember all that with my late Mum, sadly towards the end she didn’t understand what was going on and it’s very hard to see.  

Hope the forecasted snow doesn’t cause anyone too much trouble.  At present we just have light rain but maybe that will change, we just hope not!  

DSB replied on 08/02/2024 09:21

Posted on 08/02/2024 08:53 by Goldie146

7:30 this morning. 12 cows (TB reactors) left the farm.

Posted on 08/02/2024 09:21

Really sad to read this Goldie.  😢😢😢😢

David

DSB replied on 08/02/2024 09:29

Posted on 07/02/2024 11:27 by DEBSC

Some years ago OH decided to buy an electric piano with the intention of learning. It has sat, mostly unused, since then. Although one of our granddaughters does play it when she comes. I would like lessons but difficult to find a teacher as they want regular students and we are not always here. Well recently I thought that if all these youngsters can learn skills from the internet then maybe so can I. I learnt touch typing at school and am still very fast so maybe my fingers are used to that sort of rhythm but its not going bad - for an oldie. Although much more difficult for scales etc with my left hand, and I’m not very musical. But they say that learning a new skill is good for our brain. So each day I’ve been practicing for an hour or so. However, for the first few days OH did shut the door of the dining room while I repeatedly played my concerto of Twinkle Twinkle little Star! 😄 

Posted on 08/02/2024 09:29

It's a real pity you can't find someone close to you that can help.  An important part of it, is having someone looking/listening to what you are doing and advising accordingly... they can also offer encouragement when needed.  It's really difficult to go it alone....  do keep looking and stick at it...

David

Wherenext replied on 08/02/2024 11:39

Posted on 08/02/2024 11:39

Dreadful and dreaded news Goldie. I hope this will be an end to it but obviously the whole yard must still be under a cloud. Best wishes.

Snowing quite hard here at the moment. As long as we can get off the estate we should be fine for hospital visit this afternoon as we are near the A55 and local hospital not far off main drag.

No lie-in this morning as a neighbour who is having a refit and has no plumbing (house not herselfsurprisedsmile) took us up on offer of using our washing machine.

Glad to see you made it away yesterday Nellie. You're both mad!wink

Bakers2 replied on 08/02/2024 16:12

Posted on 08/02/2024 16:12

Sad news Goldie. 😢  But fingers crossed for the next test. 

I had a lovely birthday milliehull thank you. Not as many for dinner as you 🤣 but delighted you had a good weekend with the whole family together.

Belated birthday wishes to moulsey. Very lovely gift from your wife. Sorry about Lady's episode, but good to read she's recovered.

Beautiful snowdrops heddlo. We have a good show, they along with daffodils, where split and moved last year. Both seem to be doing well. Not a day to admire them today. Wet cold and grey but mercifully no sleet or snow.

Been a day of tasks after a very wet dog walk, collecting dog wormer/flea treatment from the vets. Filled the car with fuel ⛽️,  collected a Holland and Barrett order, they don't stock the Milled seeds I like, they can't order them as stock 🤐 so I have to order online and collect or have a large supply if delivered for free!  Visit to the physio, things are improving. Changed a birthday present and a food shop in M&S. Indoors and chilling, before doing the dog walk. We have grand dog this week too!

Laugh of the birthday, was my card from a very good friend, personalised for me, with a number ending in a zero. Which I will return and hope I'm still here to receive it in 2 years when I reach that age 🤣🤣🤣. Her birthday next month and we meet beforehand. She'll be that age plus 1, so thinking cap on to return the compliment 🤔. 

Hope those recovering are getting on well, and those waiting don't have long to wait. 

I'm sorry if I've missed folk, but it's impossible to check previous pages whilst typing a post. I know I've tried before!

Rest time over, don't tell anyone but I'm not sure it's raining.......

EDIT - oh what a fool. Very heavy mizzle and misty. Well here goes....

nelliethehooker replied on 08/02/2024 21:31

Posted on 08/02/2024 21:31

Glad to see you made it away yesterday Nellie. You're both mad!

We would have been really mad had we not made it here yesterday and had waited to come today, WM. Hope the snow wasn't bad enough to prevent your hospital visit.

Tda, will give you an update on the sites once we see what the next one is like. Your Burrs trip sounds like a good one.

So sorry to hear your news, Goldie, and fingers crossed that you will be clear on the next test.We

We have had a mixture of snow, sleet and rain on a strong breeze today, but thankfully it doesn't look like it is sticking. Not done a lot apart for walks with Flyte from the van.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/02/2024 09:57

Posted on 09/02/2024 09:57

Thanks Nellie. Yes, trip on East Lancs railway, something we haven’t done before. It’s a Christmas present. Easier just to book Club Site than search for a CL this time, and have to use a car park in Bury. 

We got snow yesterday, plenty of it as well, white over by late lunch. 

Goldie146 replied on 09/02/2024 10:33

Posted on 09/02/2024 10:33

Sometimes life is not good. I've mentioned our TB outbeak. The ramifications will trundle on until we have a clear herd test. When? Who knows. On Tuesday we're having a meeting with our vet, a ministry vet, someone from the NFU who has been incredibley helpful and the whole family - to discuss the next steps, based on protocol and what is best for us (not always the same thing).

Yesterday we went to a funeral. In 1969 I started at a Teacher Training College. It was the start of a lifelong friendship of a group of girls that has never faltered. Twelve of us keep in touch and meet up with partners as often as we can. But now we are eleven. A bittersweet day as we looked back with many "do you remember when?" moments.

But this clip shows how new life comes from the old. We've been part of a project with The Gaia Foundation and The Open Eye Gallery. Yesterday was the launch - watch the link below to see/hear poet Testament and "The Lig". 

The Lig

Look ahead while remembering the past.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook