What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Goldie146 replied on 09/02/2024 12:09

Posted on 09/02/2024 10:33 by Goldie146

Sometimes life is not good. I've mentioned our TB outbeak. The ramifications will trundle on until we have a clear herd test. When? Who knows. On Tuesday we're having a meeting with our vet, a ministry vet, someone from the NFU who has been incredibley helpful and the whole family - to discuss the next steps, based on protocol and what is best for us (not always the same thing).

Yesterday we went to a funeral. In 1969 I started at a Teacher Training College. It was the start of a lifelong friendship of a group of girls that has never faltered. Twelve of us keep in touch and meet up with partners as often as we can. But now we are eleven. A bittersweet day as we looked back with many "do you remember when?" moments.

But this clip shows how new life comes from the old. We've been part of a project with The Gaia Foundation and The Open Eye Gallery. Yesterday was the launch - watch the link below to see/hear poet Testament and "The Lig". 

The Lig

Look ahead while remembering the past.

Posted on 09/02/2024 12:09

Too late to edit - 1967 not 1969. But what's a difference of a year in a life time?

DavidKlyne replied on 09/02/2024 13:05

Posted on 09/02/2024 10:33 by Goldie146

Sometimes life is not good. I've mentioned our TB outbeak. The ramifications will trundle on until we have a clear herd test. When? Who knows. On Tuesday we're having a meeting with our vet, a ministry vet, someone from the NFU who has been incredibley helpful and the whole family - to discuss the next steps, based on protocol and what is best for us (not always the same thing).

Yesterday we went to a funeral. In 1969 I started at a Teacher Training College. It was the start of a lifelong friendship of a group of girls that has never faltered. Twelve of us keep in touch and meet up with partners as often as we can. But now we are eleven. A bittersweet day as we looked back with many "do you remember when?" moments.

But this clip shows how new life comes from the old. We've been part of a project with The Gaia Foundation and The Open Eye Gallery. Yesterday was the launch - watch the link below to see/hear poet Testament and "The Lig". 

The Lig

Look ahead while remembering the past.

Posted on 09/02/2024 13:05

Goldie

Can't imagine what you are going through with your herd, it sounds absolutely tragic. Likewise with the death of your friend. Is it age or the time of year but we seem to be sending more condolences cards recently. We have to travel down to Southampton soon for the funeral of my Cousin. There are chinks of light out there as well as my Nephew's son and his wife have just had a baby boy, Luca so some joy amongst the darkness?

David

Tammygirl replied on 09/02/2024 16:16

Posted on 09/02/2024 16:16

We arrived back home from Lanzarote last night. We've not been so early in the year before so was a little anxious about how the weather would be. It was brilliant, as good as we've had in March or maybe even better. No rain at all over the 3 weeks, gentle breeze not windy and beautiful blue skies every day. Temps around 24c by midday. The pools are heated to 26c which at first seems cool but once in it was nice. 

We took advantage of the aqua aerobics classes 3 mornings and the stretching classes also 3 mornings a week. Not joined in before but we found them fun and rediscovered some underused muscles.

Arrived back to a snow shower in Edinburgh but it didn't last and we have our usual grey, wet and windy weather 😔 OH for the blue skies and warm sun.

Time to start planning our spring trip to europe, first we must decide which crossing to take. We know where we would like to go just hope this year we make it without the rain and landslide of last year.

Haven't caught up with all the posts but I noticed the site is no better, still takes ages to load.

HelenandTrevor replied on 09/02/2024 18:57

Posted on 09/02/2024 18:57

Have been catching up with things, so sorry to hear your news Goldie,  really hope things improve soon. 

Belated Happy Birthday to Millie and Bakers2, hope you both had lovely days. 🎂 

Fairly busy week, had a dental check up,  and an enjoyable evening out with friends. The contractors have finally finished digging up our pavements and moved on to the next street down, not quite as much noise 🤔

Had both caravan and home Insurance Renewals this week, caravan insurance increase not too bad, but home insurance not so good will have to do some shopping around this weekend.

Sounds like a good holiday Tammygirl.

Wherenext replied on 09/02/2024 20:58

Posted on 09/02/2024 20:58

TG holiday sounds good. As you've been out of the loop Im not sure if you know of the cyber attack on the Clubs website. It was down for nearly a week. It has been recommended that members change their passwords. There are various threads around about it for light reading if you can't get to sleep.

Had a full day off from visiting hospital today as 2 of MiLs friends like to visit on Friday for a natter and keep her up to date with current gossip. Nevertheless we still found ourselves in the large M&S store looking for nightwear for her. Only the second day OH has had since beginning of January and she needed it.

I'm trying to sort our car insurance Helen. The combined percentage increase over both cars amounts to 72%surprised Don't think we'll be renewing somehow.

Oneputt replied on 09/02/2024 21:05

Posted on 09/02/2024 21:05

Goldie sorry to hear about TB problems, hope it doesn’t drag on too long.

Brother manage 3 days in the nursing home and now back to hospital. Met with his assessment team this morning and discussed the plan to move him to Hampshire but that may be ‘knocked on the head’ for a while

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2024 21:25

Posted on 09/02/2024 21:25

So sorry to hear that your brother is back in hospital, OP, hope that they able to sort out his move in the not too distant future.

Interesting YouTube, Goldie,  highlighting the great job that you are all doing for the environment.

Welcome home TG you've missed quite a lot happening , or not, on CT!! Sounds like you had a fine holiday.

Better day weather wise, at least up to mid afternoon. We had a couple of walks on Longridge Fell, getting back to the car from the second one just before the rain started.

DEBSC replied on 10/02/2024 09:38

Posted on 10/02/2024 09:38

Our caravan Park is flooded again up to the same height as last time so I really hope that our floats do their job again. Thankfully set to start to drop later today. The site has always flooded but not quite so often or in such quick succession, probably due to climate change. We are not too bothered when we aren’t there but can be stressful if we are planning to go - shall we shan’t we if it’s rising - or are already there as we then either have to opt to leave when it starts rising or may have to leave suddenly, maybe at night time, if it rises quickly, and it’s a long journey home again. I’m becoming a river watch expert in that area, however this was a bit of a flash flood as it was very low last week. Hope it’s better in March as we have tickets booked for the RSC.

richardandros replied on 10/02/2024 12:49

Posted on 10/02/2024 12:49

Also sorry to hear your news Goldie - hope things improve for you soon.

Been getting the van ready for a week away at York Beechwood Grange soon.  Not been there before - so that will mean an addition to my collection of site plaques.  Ros wanted to have a day out shopping - but I said that only on the condition that Meg and I don't have to come!! So - I'll be taking her to the Designer Outlet and dropping her off and Meg and I can have a quiet day on our ownsmile

Can't believe the state of our beach at the moment.  It's normally fairly sandy but can change dramatically in no time.  A few days ago it wasn't too bad - a few rocks / large pebbles but still plenty of sand - but look at it this morning - it's horrendous trying to walk on it. I've never seen it this bad before.  Just goes to show the power of the sea - thousands of tons of sand have just disappeared.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/02/2024 22:15

Posted on 10/02/2024 22:15

As I have posted before, over winter I tend to do jigsaw puzzles just to keep the old grey cells ticking over. Yesterday I completed the last one. I use the motorhome table so at some point I have put that back where it belongs for the coming season. I have already posted a picture of the "Waves Jigsaw" I did, but here the other five I have completed since then. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook