What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 12/02/2024 13:30

Posted on 12/02/2024 13:30

Wow, that's quite an increase,  my car insurance isn't due until the summer, as I don't use it that much I think I may consider selling it.

Sorted it out today Helen. The insurance was through AA and the increase was 71.8% on last years price. No factor to justify such an increase so I used the same comparison site that I used last year and replaced it with a company I was satisfied with at about 20% dearer. I could have had it cheaper but without some of the cover I wanted.

The irony is that I could have placed it with the company the AA used for about 22% more than last years premium. So the company was undercutting itself. I just can't be bothered with those type of companies if they can be avoided.

Another busy weekend. We get a day off tomorrow. 

Hope Oneputt can get his brothers situation sorted out. I know how stressful these things can be.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/02/2024 21:37

Posted on 12/02/2024 21:37

Another dry day after rain in the night, but we have just had a heavy shower. Moved into another new to us site, a CL this time, which is full tonight, although it doesn't look as if this is because it is half term as there are no families on here.

Rufs replied on 13/02/2024 08:10

Posted on 12/02/2024 21:37 by nelliethehooker

Another dry day after rain in the night, but we have just had a heavy shower. Moved into another new to us site, a CL this time, which is full tonight, although it doesn't look as if this is because it is half term as there are no families on here.

Posted on 13/02/2024 08:10

could be school teachers getting away from it all cool

beautiful day yesterday we walked round to see some friends who have a very nice house looking out over the Solent, very pleasant afternoon and OH did really well with her walking, seeing the physio this morning so hopefully he will give her some exercises that will futher improve her mobility. Damp drizzly morning, again, oh! well i guess it is still winter afterall laughing

Tammygirl replied on 13/02/2024 11:01

Posted on 13/02/2024 11:01

Nice sunny morning here for a change. 

OH gone down to the Men's Shed for a few hours, first time in a month. I guess there will be lots of coffee drank and chatting going on. I'm having a slow morning enjoying sitting in the sun that's coming through the living room window, bliss.

WN, NTH, H&T thanks yes it was a lovely holiday. Last year wasn't so great and we were thinking of giving up our 3weeks timeshare apartment. This year though has been completely different, different crowd, not as busy and different age range. We have bought another week and split the 4 up. We now have 2 weeks at the begining and end of the year. That should do nicely for the future when we no longer want to travel abroad in the van.

Kj, as you know we are going over to Octopus energy at some point this year. Date still not been confirm for the Shell customers to be moved over. We did have on order a smart meter to be installed but we have cancelled that just now as the press comments on them are not great. Even the CEO of Octopus has said the technology of them is rubbish. We are stuck just now as we can't do anything until the taking over process has been completed.

I've had a problem with my phone since we got back from holiday, so I'm now using OHs old phone, it's newer than my phone but I'm not sure yet if I like it.

Car insurance is ridiculously expensive just now. Ours went up 117% last year. Needless to say we switched companies. House insurance wasn't bad last year but I'm expecting a big increase this year. We like the 90 days out of house cover we get with this club but will still shop around. 

WN, I was aware of the cyber attack on the club so have changed my password, thank you. Thankfully there was nothing in the pipeline in the way of bookings. How are things with MIL any sign of her getting home.

Wherenext replied on 13/02/2024 13:20

Posted on 13/02/2024 13:20

WN, I was aware of the cyber attack on the club so have changed my password, thank you. Thankfully there was nothing in the pipeline in the way of bookings. How are things with MIL any sign of her getting home.

Not at the moment TG, thanks for asking. We can see some light at the end of the tunnel but still a way to go yet. She's off for a serious eye consultation tomorrow. We should be having a free day as friends of hers visiting but had a surprise call from OHs cousin from north of the border saying they were in the area so they will be here any minute for OH to take them down to see her.

I might be either young child minding, dog minding or both. Think it will be easier for me if it's just the dog.laughing

Edit - Meant to congratulate Rufs OH. Well done that woman.

Rufs replied on 13/02/2024 13:33

Posted on 13/02/2024 13:33

"Edit - Meant to congratulate Rufs OH. Well done that woman"

Oh says many thanks, not a lot of joy with the physio this morning, xrays dont show anything that is actually wrong, possibly some minor arthritis and lack of communication with brain as a result of stroke, suggested a brace but we both quickly poo pooed  that advice, we are hopefully going to do more walking when the weather improves and build up some additional strength, i am also still able to push a wheelchair when needed so no problems, crack on, as they say laughing

DSB replied on 13/02/2024 14:01

Posted on 12/02/2024 13:30 by Wherenext

Wow, that's quite an increase,  my car insurance isn't due until the summer, as I don't use it that much I think I may consider selling it.

Sorted it out today Helen. The insurance was through AA and the increase was 71.8% on last years price. No factor to justify such an increase so I used the same comparison site that I used last year and replaced it with a company I was satisfied with at about 20% dearer. I could have had it cheaper but without some of the cover I wanted.

The irony is that I could have placed it with the company the AA used for about 22% more than last years premium. So the company was undercutting itself. I just can't be bothered with those type of companies if they can be avoided.

Another busy weekend. We get a day off tomorrow. 

Hope Oneputt can get his brothers situation sorted out. I know how stressful these things can be.

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:01

I dread to think what my insurance premium will be on the Disco when it comes to renewal....  I think I have a few months to think about it....   I always spend time checking all tbe price comparison sites, as well as some who aren't on the price comparison.  

David

DSB replied on 13/02/2024 14:07

Posted on 10/02/2024 23:27 by KjellNN

Today we have had a visit from the 2 little terrors, otherwise known as our grandchildren Callum and  Nathan.  Mummy needed a couple of cupboard doors altered to fit a cupboard they were never intended to be used on, meaning the hinges had to be moved, so, having prepared everything, I needed her to come and hold the doors level and straight while I drilled new hinge holes.

They came for lunch and were here till about 3.30, then I took them, and the doors, home so I could start fitting the hinges to the   cupboards.  One done and one to go.  Will finish that on Wednesday.

Otherwise, I have been turning honey dippers, a lady that sells honey  and other "bee related" products has asked me to make 6 honey dippers for her.  DD is still getting  the occasional order for spurtles, so that  all keeps me busy.

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:07

We've got our two granddaughters here today too.....  It's half term, and our son & daughter-in-law are both at work.  So it's children's TV and doing craft things with the wife.  I try and keep clear...  🤣🤣🤣

Trying to stay away from the NEC show....  cost us a fortune last year!!  

David

DSB replied on 13/02/2024 14:24

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:24

Raining, wet, damp here in N Warks.  In the meantime, our daughter and son-in-law, in the Outer Hebrides have bought a converted horse box for the back garden...!  You couldn't make this up!!!  It looks like they're trying to copy Johnny Vegas: Carry on Glamping..... !🤣🤣🤣

David

Takethedogalong replied on 13/02/2024 14:29

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:24 by DSB

Raining, wet, damp here in N Warks.  In the meantime, our daughter and son-in-law, in the Outer Hebrides have bought a converted horse box for the back garden...!  You couldn't make this up!!!  It looks like they're trying to copy Johnny Vegas: Carry on Glamping..... !🤣🤣🤣

David

Posted on 13/02/2024 14:29

Love it👍 Looks well done, if the front ramp still drops, some great bedtime views as well. Lots of horsey chums of ours had combined horse box cum living areas for when they were away showing. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook