What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 14/02/2024 21:56

Posted on 14/02/2024 21:56

Pleased to read that your MIL has a way forward with her eye problem, WN. Hopefully it will have improved by the time of her next visit to the eye consultant. Glad that you both managed to find a good restaurant for your Valentine meal and enjoyed the bubbly!wink,

Kjell, hope that you soon get your appointment soon and and it does not play havoc with your planned trips away.

TG, pleased to read that your mammogram was clear and you too are now able to arrange your trip away in April.

Been a very rainy day day here, although I did manage a couple of dry walks from the van, and short, muddy, wet one when we went out for a short run in the car this morning.

KjellNN replied on 14/02/2024 22:05

Posted on 14/02/2024 22:05

OH had suggested we might buy a "dine in" , but decided that as the freezer is quite full so we should instead opt for Waitrose Chicken Kiev, with home prepared roasted potatoes, all in the  air fryer, with broccoli,  and Hollandaise sauce.  Accompanied by  a bottle of Waitrose Cava, last of our Christmas order.  Was all very nice.

Coffee and cake to follow soon.

Goldie146 replied on 15/02/2024 09:35

Posted on 15/02/2024 09:35

For a Christmas present one of our grandsons gave us an invitation to a Buffet Party - posh finger food it said. He's studying Cyber Security at University, but one of his passions is cooking - especially out of the ordinary recipes. 

So last night he carried over four courses and a bottle of wine. We were left to our own devices to enjoy Chicken Lollipops with Black Sauce, miniature Toad in the Holes, Pan Fried Flat Cannoli and cherry macarons.

Much better than a meal out!

DSB replied on 15/02/2024 09:58

Posted on 15/02/2024 09:58

For ordinary everyday meals, Carol uses a series of 'lower calorie' recipe books called 'Pinch of Nom'.  We find them quite good, and the food is quite tasty.  I think she has 5/6 books now and they've served us well as we both need to 'lose a few pounds'!!  😀😀  Mind you... she's had them a few years..... and we still 'need to lose a few pounds'....  🤣🤣🤣

David

DSB replied on 15/02/2024 10:00

Posted on 15/02/2024 09:35 by Goldie146

For a Christmas present one of our grandsons gave us an invitation to a Buffet Party - posh finger food it said. He's studying Cyber Security at University, but one of his passions is cooking - especially out of the ordinary recipes. 

So last night he carried over four courses and a bottle of wine. We were left to our own devices to enjoy Chicken Lollipops with Black Sauce, miniature Toad in the Holes, Pan Fried Flat Cannoli and cherry macarons.

Much better than a meal out!

Posted on 15/02/2024 10:00

Sounds great Goldie... 👍👍

David

Takethedogalong replied on 15/02/2024 10:52

Posted on 15/02/2024 10:52

Indeed some nice sounding food. I enjoy cooking, making up my own variations of recipes, so sometimes we opt to stay in for a special meal rather than go out somewhere. I’m off for an afternoon tea though Saturday, a chocolate based one, at Wentworth Woodhouse, up in the long gallery. It’s a special they do for Valentine week, but our party is “three ladies who afternoon tea”. Our ex next door neighbour, another neighbour and me, we meet up around every three months and do something. They don’t know my home town very well yet, so I promised to take them around WW.

milliehull replied on 15/02/2024 11:07

Posted on 15/02/2024 11:07

The weather had been a bit grey and grim recently. A deluge of rain last Thursday, a wet and grey weekend, and then we had a really nice sunny day on Monday - hooray we thought an end to the bad weather - wrong! Tuesday teemed with rain all day and the areas that were beginning to dry out a bit from all the rain last month are now flooded again frown. Yesterday was drizzly to start with and then perked up a bit but no sun. Much the same today grey but dryish. I did an afternoon on the Cathedral shop on Tuesday and yesterday morning I went to a Guides Meeting at the Cathedral. We discussed Katharine of Aragon and her grave and also Mary Queen of Scot's funeral. All very interesting. I then decided to make a point and go into the M&S in town as I needed a few food bits. M&S say they are going to close that branch in a couple of months as it is 'underused'. I have to say the Food Hall was very busy.

DSB our eldest son, who is diabetic, got into cooking a few years ago and uses the 'Pinch of Nom' books and the meals he has cooked for us have been very tasty. We don't do Valentine's Day anymore as there are too many family birthdays (mine plus both of our sons and one of our DIL's) plus our Wedding Anniversary in February surprised Glad to hear that there is some news on your MIL's problems with her sight WN and hope they can sort out some improvement for her. It sounds as though it is going to be a long haul. I hope your OH can have a bit of a rest today. Glad you had a good holiday TG It sounds as though you had a wonderful time.

vbfg replied on 15/02/2024 13:45

Posted on 15/02/2024 13:45

I clicked on a post this morning originally from 2022, about the CMHC show and there was a post from JVB.  Apologises if this has been asked before, as I don't always read CT,  but does anyone know why he stopped posting?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook