What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 16/02/2024 17:25

Posted on 16/02/2024 17:25

"You can go off some people Rufus"

well if its of any consolation the weather did go down hill a little bit as the day went on, but still had about a dozen swimmers in the Solent this afternoon when i cycled past.

"Poor Dora 4 days without a proper walk"

well we lost Rufs  last year and miss him terribly, but i look back at all the wet, cold and windy days we have had this winter, with probably more to come, and in some ways i am pleased i dont have to trudge out, bring home a very wet and dirty dog clean him off etc, but it was worth it while we had him cry, enjoy Dora whatever laughing

DEBSC replied on 16/02/2024 17:56

Posted on 16/02/2024 17:56

On the subject of all this rain.... we have just received yet another email from our Site to say that the river has just burst it’s banks again. Another flood warning given, hopefully it will go down again quicker this time and not get across the site. Really hope the weather dries up before the season starts. Probably like many others on here I’m just looking forward to warm summer evenings and a GnT sitting outside our caravan. We paid this years site fees today that has reduced the bank balance somewhat!!

Takethedogalong replied on 16/02/2024 18:11

Posted on 16/02/2024 18:11

Just come in from a good couple of hours in garden, still reasonably light up to 5.45pm, and not too cold. Great to see things coming back to life. Got arrangements for tomorrow sorted now, looking forward to an afternoon out.

If anyone is interested, and either not too far away from South Yorks, or planning to be nearby sometime this year, here is some reading about what is happening at Wentworth Woodhouse. The House and gardens are only a small part of the Fitzwilliam Wentworth Heritage, and there are monuments, the big estate, villages, churches, Elsecar Heritage Centre, Canals, walks etc….. to explore. It’s a big document, but details some of the work carried out so far, and more that is planned…

https://wentworthwoodhouse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/WWH-Masterplan-vol1_Compressed.pdf

HelenandTrevor replied on 16/02/2024 20:15

Posted on 16/02/2024 20:15

Tammygirl  very pleased your mammogram was clear,  it's scary when you get called back, as I know. 

Been a very mild couple of days, even some sunshine  🌞 

Just back from from a visit to the pub, bumped into our old neighbours who now live in the village, was lovely to see them and catch up with all the news.

Youngest son had his 30th birthday this week, where does the time go? 😯 Our grand-daughter is 2 on Sunday time passes too quickly. 

Hope your site doesn't get flooded this time DEBSC

Takethedogalong replied on 17/02/2024 09:45

Posted on 17/02/2024 09:45

Thank heavens for all sorts of NHS testing is all I can say. I’m sure none of us enjoy it at the time, but I know my OH is grateful, and remains so. 

milliehull replied on 17/02/2024 10:11

Posted on 17/02/2024 10:11

We went to see a friend of ours yesterday morning who has recently had her second hip operation. She lives on her own and her sons live away so she needs company at the moment. It was good to catch up with her and see how well her recovery is going. We spent an hour or two in the garden in the afternoon doing a bit of planting up and tidying. It was nice to be out there.

Sorry you feel so poorly bakers2 I hope you feel better soon. I am glad you can see my new avatar nellie as it hasn't come up on any of my devices! 

DavidKlyne replied on 17/02/2024 11:46

Posted on 17/02/2024 11:46

Millie

You need to clear the cache on each device for the new picture to appear. When Nellie mentioned the new picture I could only see the old one but clearing the cache will bring up the new one, at least it did on my machine!

David

Bakers2 replied on 17/02/2024 11:59

Posted on 17/02/2024 11:59

Thank you milliehull.  Feeling a bit better this morning, but temperature higher! Just managed to tweak my back after my shower. So now got my wheat pad strapped to my back whilst I sit.

Dull and grey here - AGAIN, but not cold and very little breeze. Very grateful for small mercies.

Milliehull I can see your new avatar on my phone most of the time, but not on my tablet. Its really very nice πŸ˜€

Was planning on a walk with OH to the village shop if possible. Great little place, like a tardis, and stocks most things, as we need milk. He's not up to 2 walks and don't want to leave dog outside. Hopefully it can work later this afternoon. Son away so can't ask him for delivery πŸ˜•. Madam appears quite happy and just resting but ever hopeful of an outing if the sounds and actions could be promising!

Would be a nice day to wander the garden and consider things, but I know I can't be trusted! I've a couple of large potted shrubs that need planting but need to try in a few of positions. Garden help comes Thursday, so really would like to sort before he arrives and has to out up with my dithering! Not quite the same as telling OH 🀣🀣.

We have no crocus, a trip to the garden centre Monday for ones in pots was fruitless, well I didn't like the prices and wasn't impressed on their scarcity! Thought it would be easy to buy some in flower and place at this time of year..... I'll buy bulbs and put in small pots myself for next spring. However, I did purchase a new hellebore, Glenda Rosa, white with pink trim. We brought some with us, white ones and a gorgeous dark one that was a present. We split them before planting but the dark ones don't show up so well πŸ₯². I really think next year I'll have a couple on the wall to really see their beauty. The snowdrops, we do have lots of varieties,  I couldn't grow them in our last garden, are beautiful but they hide their beauty unless you get right down and below them. We have a huge bumble bee by the window I'm glad my Christmas box, smells delicious, and other early plants offer some food.

Right time to slowly potter. Don't tell anyone but I think I can see a postage stamp of blue in the sky. By the time I'd proofread 🀞this the postage stamp turned grey πŸ₯²

Bakers2 replied on 17/02/2024 12:01

Posted on 17/02/2024 11:46 by DavidKlyne

Millie

You need to clear the cache on each device for the new picture to appear. When Nellie mentioned the new picture I could only see the old one but clearing the cache will bring up the new one, at least it did on my machine!

David

Posted on 17/02/2024 12:01

I've not cleared either cache on my devices. 

Ain't technology great? 🀣🀣🀣

milliehull replied on 17/02/2024 13:37

Posted on 17/02/2024 11:46 by DavidKlyne

Millie

David

Posted on 17/02/2024 13:37

david how do I clear the cache?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook