What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 17/02/2024 14:31

Posted on 17/02/2024 13:37 by milliehull

david how do I clear the cache?

Posted on 17/02/2024 14:31

Millie

Depends what you are using. On a Windows system its fairly simple you just press Ctrl+F5 together. I am nor sure on Android or Apples but suspect you have to go into the browser you use and go into settings?

David

richardandros replied on 17/02/2024 15:12

Posted on 17/02/2024 14:31 by DavidKlyne

Millie

Depends what you are using. On a Windows system its fairly simple you just press Ctrl+F5 together. I am nor sure on Android or Apples but suspect you have to go into the browser you use and go into settings?

David

Posted on 17/02/2024 15:12

Correct David.  I usually clear the cache on my Mac via the browser, but I haven't done that for ages and millie's new avatar turned up the other day without any intervention from me.

Wherenext replied on 17/02/2024 15:13

Posted on 17/02/2024 15:13

Hi Millie. If you are using Safari (Apple) then you should have a top strap line with things like "Edit View History etc." on it. Click on history and clear it all. You may have to put in your details again to login. I've cleared my history (only 2 short days worth) and your new avatar has appeared. 

Things moving along slowly here although we seem to get to the end of the day very quickly, if that makes any sense.  More scans for MiL next week plus a meeting with staff. 

An hour or so sorting out Mrs.WNs car insurance. It seems to confuse insurers and comparison websites if you have a shared email address, shared driving experience and almost similar renewal dates. Hope it all sorts itself out in the wash. ended up paying about 20% more than last year.

Tammygirl replied on 17/02/2024 16:11

Posted on 17/02/2024 16:11

I can see your new avatar MH

Horrible day again today, yesterday was lovely and we spent a good few hours in the garden. 

Busy today sorting out various electronic devices 😡 why is nothing simple anymore. 

Can't get the Chromecast to connect to any of our TV'S.😔

OHs phone will connect to the main TV via Miracast no problem but the 2 traveller TV's we have it won't and neither will the Chromecast. It has to be on the same WiFi network as the phone/laptop but it just won't connect to it.

Oh well we have got round it another way but annoying that it doesn't work. The Fire stick on the other hand is easy and works well with all TVs. 

Why are we doing all this, well when we go east this year we will be out of Astra 2  satellite signal. So if we get some bad weather I want to be able to watch a film or something. All sorted now. Good selection of Dvds and portable harddrive+ the Fire stick. Should think that will be enough to keep me happy 😆

Ferry now booked Dover- Calais return. Still not 100% sure where we are going as usual we have several plans but the weather will be our guide.

moulesy replied on 17/02/2024 19:25

Posted on 17/02/2024 19:25

We are away for the week in the Cotswolds, a beautiful converted milking parlour on a farm just outside Dursley. Although the area is quite close to home we haven't spent a lot of time there recently. Walked from the nearby village of Uley this morning - had forgotten just how steep the hills can be round here! surprised

Stopped for coffee at the Coaley Peak picnic area which has stunning views over the Severn.

Weather has turned quite (very) wet this evening though. frown

nelliethehooker replied on 17/02/2024 20:19

Posted on 17/02/2024 20:19

Enjoy your time in the Cotswolds, Moulesy. The weather this morning looks much better then up here.

We woke to a misty drizzly morning which changed to heavy rain around 2:30 this afternoon. We drove up to the NT's Ash Landing carpark, close to the Lake Windermere Ferry, and had a damp walk along by the lake. After lunch we visited Hill Top, Beatrice Potter's cottage at Near Sawrey. We have passed it often but I had never been inside before. Most interesting with very helpful and knowledgeable guides.

Here are a few atmospheric photos across the lake

DEBSC replied on 17/02/2024 22:23

Posted on 17/02/2024 20:19 by nelliethehooker

Enjoy your time in the Cotswolds, Moulesy. The weather this morning looks much better then up here.

We woke to a misty drizzly morning which changed to heavy rain around 2:30 this afternoon. We drove up to the NT's Ash Landing carpark, close to the Lake Windermere Ferry, and had a damp walk along by the lake. After lunch we visited Hill Top, Beatrice Potter's cottage at Near Sawrey. We have passed it often but I had never been inside before. Most interesting with very helpful and knowledgeable guides.

Here are a few atmospheric photos across the lake

Posted on 17/02/2024 22:23

One of my most favourite places Nellie. We stay in the beautiful B&B next door to Hill Top, we have booked to go there again later this year. Such a lovely little village. Love the little pub there as well. We have a painting in our dining room of the main room at Hill Top, it’s an exact replica of the room, there were no more paintings available of the print run but OH managed to contact the artist and get one from him as a surprise Christmas present some years ago.

DSB replied on 17/02/2024 23:00

Posted on 17/02/2024 13:37 by milliehull

david how do I clear the cache?

Posted on 17/02/2024 23:00

....Millie... if you are using android phone, the way I do it is

1.  Go to Google search engine
  2. Click in the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen.
  3. Click on 'Clear browsing history' and choose 'More Options'.  You can then choose which part of the 'history' you want to clear.  Just make sure 'Cached Images and files' has a tick against it..... untick the other options (unless you wish to clear these as well).
  4. Then tick 'Clear Data' at the bottom of the page.

Each phone may be slightly different, but this is what I do....  Hope this helps....

David

milliehull replied on 18/02/2024 07:41

Posted on 17/02/2024 23:00 by DSB

....Millie... if you are using android phone, the way I do it is

1.  Go to Google search engine
  2. Click in the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen.
  3. Click on 'Clear browsing history' and choose 'More Options'.  You can then choose which part of the 'history' you want to clear.  Just make sure 'Cached Images and files' has a tick against it..... untick the other options (unless you wish to clear these as well).
  4. Then tick 'Clear Data' at the bottom of the page.

Each phone may be slightly different, but this is what I do....  Hope this helps....

David

Posted on 18/02/2024 07:41

Thank you DSB. I will give that a go.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook