What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 18/02/2024 09:13

Posted on 18/02/2024 09:13

I love your new avatar Millie😁 lovely and welcoming.

Lovely afternoon tea yesterday, food delicious, great service, fabulous surroundings. Came home to find BIL and his OH were visiting (had parked up at ours to go to Rugby match) so we spent three hours laughing and catching up. 

Had hoped to get into garden today, but it’s too damp. So I will finish off a dress I am sorting out for a wedding, and maybe start on the hat I want to wear. Busy, busy……

Wherenext replied on 18/02/2024 13:09

Posted on 18/02/2024 13:09

Just a quick look in before visiting time. 

We're the same with the garden Ttda. Sodden. Plenty needs doing as well.

Feel a bit light headed as OH caught me on the hop and sat me down for a hair trim this morning. Is a "Comb-Over" back in fashion yet? Has it ever been in fashion?surprisedsmile

Stay safe folks and be nice to each other.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/02/2024 20:23

Posted on 18/02/2024 20:23

Back home by mid morning after our short, for us, trip away, with the van cleared out by 12:30. At least today has been dry and OH has been able to get 3 rounds of washing, including 4 soaking dog towels, done and dried outside.

Arrived to find two packs of Lasting Power of Attorney forms from the Office of the Public Guardian. Looks as if I shall be busy for a while filling them in!!

Tammygirl replied on 18/02/2024 21:02

Posted on 18/02/2024 21:02

Beautiful day here today, spent a good few hours in the front garden raking up leaves, weeding and a bit of pruning. Still got a bit more to do but it's looking better. The crocus and snowdrops were looking good and the bees were loving the crocus. 

Went out this afternoon into Perth and had a good walk around the north inch, then a nice drive through old scone and back home by the country roads. What a smashing day, spring is round the corner, maybe 😅

Rufs replied on 19/02/2024 07:47

Posted on 19/02/2024 07:47

"Arrived to find two packs of Lasting Power of Attorney forms from the Office of the Public Guardian. Looks as if I shall be busy for a while filling them in!!"

good luck with that, just completing one for OH, fortunately our printer does double sided printing which it eaiser, remember to use black ink surprised

brilliant day yesterday and although we have a red sky just now it looked beautiful over the IOW, much lighter mornings so i can get a pedal in before breakfast laughing

KjellNN replied on 19/02/2024 16:29

Posted on 19/02/2024 16:29

After showers earlier, this afternoon is quite sunny and mild.  Have been busy in the garage turning spurtles, DD has sold all the ones she had in stock.

Dentist this morning, 3 fillings to be done  next month, will need to sell more spurtles!

We had a visit from DD and family yesterday.......to borrow a car.   SIL's car broke down just over 3 weeks back, hole in a pipe somewhere, was eventually collected by garage where it had been booked in anyway for service and MOT the following week, then silence.

No contact from garage, phone calls not returned, then on Friday a call to say a new bushing was required for front suspension, but was unavailable, could take another 2 weeks!!   DD is not impressed, the garage was suggested by one of SIL's uncles, they will not be using it again.

He has been using DD's car, and his Dad's car, to get to work, DD has had our newer car for a bit but had returned it last week as it was half term holiday for them all.

SIL's dad needs his car most of this week, so DD now has our Touareg until Thursday.    I had just started doing some finishing touches in one of the bathrooms when they arrived, so DD took over helping OH to clean everything.  Also got the two of them to carry a heavy table downstairs for me, so another small job dealt with.   

Should be able to finish in the upstairs bathroom this week, but still some things to do in our en suite.

Wherenext replied on 19/02/2024 19:23

Posted on 19/02/2024 19:23

I was asked by OH to make sure I woke her up early enough to get her over her early morning blues so I could get her to the hospital for 9am to accompany her mother to the large hospital for a brain scan. 

Lying awake at just gone 6.15 and listening to a few birds starting their singing I wondered if she meant this early or if it would be detrimental to my health to "poke the bear".surprised So I left it for another 45 minutes. I think I should have done it earlier but she forgave me.smile

I was left in charge of a Tesco trolley. Big responsibility. Could I possibly be trusted to actually read the shopping list I'd been given? Or did I trust my memory? I knew the answer when it took me 5 minutes to remember where I'd put the list.embarassed

Hope Debsc caravan and site ok. Must be heart in mouth everytime it rains for 2 days running.

Jealous of your day TG

nelliethehooker replied on 19/02/2024 20:36

Posted on 19/02/2024 20:36

Another fine day, but not quite as good as yesterday, and a bit cooler this evening. I had an appointment with a ENT consultant this morning and the outcome is an MRI scan in a few weeks time, as well as one towards the end of next month! We must work our trips around them, which is a bit of a nuisance, but hey ho, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

WN, hope that the results of your MIL's scan gives you all an indication of the way forward.

Fingers crossed, Debs, that your caravan is safe from the floor water.

Not great service from that garage, Kjell, definitely one to avoid in the future.

moulesy replied on 19/02/2024 20:40

Posted on 19/02/2024 20:40

We had torrential rain on Saturday night which has left everywhere really difficult for walking. On Sunday we went to the NT house at Newark Park which at least had hard surfaces on most of the estate paths. Today has been drier - Mrs M went home with Lady this morning to do her "reading to dogs" duties at the local primary school  and I took Ralph for a stroll ( surprised ) along Cam Long Down and up Cam Peak with far reaching views over the Severn - not quite clear enough to see Sugar Loaf or the Brecon Beacons.

Tonight we've had a beautiful red/purple sky which promises a better day tomorrow, before the next forecast "shower" on Wednesday (aka 9 hours of heavy and persistent rain!) Spring is on the way,  apparently! undecided

milliehull replied on 19/02/2024 21:29

Posted on 19/02/2024 21:29

After pleasantish weather on Saturday we had torrential rain Saturday evening, all night and until mid morning on Sunday which means even more flooding in this area. There seems to be 'water, water everywhere'. I had a pleasant get together with friends over a coffee at a local garden centre this morning while OH did some more tidying up in the garden. Daffs, crocuses and miniature irises now in bloom as well as the hellibores and snowdrops. Unfortunately it is going to get colder at the end of the week. I hope that means it will be drier. It is our wedding anniversary today but as Monday is not the best day to have a meal out we have decided to postpone our celebrations until Sunday and have booked a table at our local Cote Brasserie as they are having a 'Saxaphone Brunch'. Then it will be over to our Son's to celebrate his birthday with the family. It's all go here in February!!

I hope you get good news from your MIL's scan WN. 

I hope it dries up a bit for the rest of your and Ralph's trip away moulesy.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook