What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 07/02/2024 11:27

Posted on 07/02/2024 11:27

Some years ago OH decided to buy an electric piano with the intention of learning. It has sat, mostly unused, since then. Although one of our granddaughters does play it when she comes. I would like lessons but difficult to find a teacher as they want regular students and we are not always here. Well recently I thought that if all these youngsters can learn skills from the internet then maybe so can I. I learnt touch typing at school and am still very fast so maybe my fingers are used to that sort of rhythm but its not going bad - for an oldie. Although much more difficult for scales etc with my left hand, and I’m not very musical. But they say that learning a new skill is good for our brain. So each day I’ve been practicing for an hour or so. However, for the first few days OH did shut the door of the dining room while I repeatedly played my concerto of Twinkle Twinkle little Star! 😄 

DavidKlyne replied on 07/02/2024 12:46

Posted on 07/02/2024 12:46

DEBSC

I was always a little suspicious that Bert Weedon could teach you to play a guitar in a Day!!! As they say, practise makes perfect and I am sure it will give great satisfaction the more you learn. 

David

heddlo replied on 07/02/2024 16:53

Posted on 07/02/2024 16:53

Had a good walk around Burton Agnes woodland today.  Beautiful display of snowdrops.  It looked much more impressive than my poor picture! 

milliehull replied on 07/02/2024 17:43

Posted on 07/02/2024 17:43

Sorry to hear that Lady has been unwell moulesy but glad to hear that she seems to be on the mend. 14 - Gosh is doesn't seem 5 minutes since we met you all the Ferry Meadows not long after you got her!

Pleased also hear that your MIL also seems to be improving WN. I hope she makes steady progress from now on.

Good to hear that your brother is now out of hospital OP.

Thoughts are with you Goldie

It has been a busy week here as I had a big birthday (ending in an O) at the weekend.The family came over from N Ireland for the weekend so we got all the family together and took them all out to lunch on Saturday - 19 of us, how did that happen! It was such a wonderful occasion. I had lots of messages, cards, flowers, cakes and presents and lots of friends popping round so was thoroughly spoiled. I am now recuperating!

I hope Bakers2 had a good birthday on Monday 

Wherenext replied on 07/02/2024 19:30

Posted on 07/02/2024 19:30

Lovely photo Heddlo. We like Burton Agnes as well but never been at this time of year. Will file it away for future years (I can hear OH laughing about my filing system or lack of it).

Had to join rush hour this morning to get OHs car in for service on edge of Chester. We then arrived at Burton RSPB at opening time, 9am, and had a lovely morning strolling around, just generally relaxing.

Stopped off on way to garage at hospital and then picked car up, so late afternoon when we got home. Snow due tomorrow so we may well be lazy and have a lie-in.

Lovely to hear of your birthday celebration Millie, congrats.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/02/2024 19:51

Posted on 07/02/2024 19:51

Thoughts are with you OP, and WN, hoping your loved ones get some stability, it’s tiring doing hospital visits. Happy birthdays to those celebrating. Good to learn new skills Debsc, and the internet is wonderful indeed for this. OH had to resort to YouTube for replacing alternator in our Jeep, but it came up trumps and he had it sorted in no time. 

Plans for our couple of nights out in MH are tentative. She’s already to roll, cleaned, restocked, etc….. but we have a severe weather warning for snow and ice to arrive tomorrow, and if we don’t get that it will be torrential rain. So it might just be a day out again, but we might get to play in the snow with the Jeep! 

nelliethehooker replied on 07/02/2024 21:48

Posted on 07/02/2024 21:48

Sorry to hear that Lady has been unwell, Moulesy, and pleased to read that she seems to have got over it. Belated happy birthday wishes.

Good to hear that your brother is no longer in hospital, OP. I hope he continues to improve. 

More belated birthday greetings to millie. It sounds as if you and the family had a great day.

Fingers crossed that your MIL is able to come home after the projected 3 weeks, WN. It looks as if the service on your OH's car went ok.

Hold that the weather isn't as bad as forecast, tda, and that you are able to get away as planned.

We are out in our caravan, on another new to us CS, in mid Lancashire, following a late start, after having to wait while a new fridge was fitted at home. Booked another new for us CL tonight, very straight forward. 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/02/2024 23:16

Posted on 07/02/2024 23:16

Moulesy, I forgot to ask after Lady. Hope she is doing ok, our old lad struggles a bit nowadays, very up and down, but we don’t let him do too much. He was 14 in January. There’s still a mad, daft chocolate pup in there, but his arthritis stops him walking far, he can still just see, and we suspect his hearing is dodgy as well, or it’s very selective🤣 Today’s mad session was to suddenly pounce on a carefully wrapped birthday present for my SIL, which I had foolishly left in his reach. Cue a tug of war and a re wrapping session. He retired to his basket with a nice piece of wrap! 1-0 to the hound🤣

CS and CL sound interesting Nellie. Anything in Lancs would be new to us. I have booked two nights at Burrs CP site for our East Lancs Railway afternoon tea in June. Easiest thing to do at the moment. We can walk into Bury to get on, then hopefully get off at BCP station on return leg, if not it’s only a mile back to site. Two nights, all we can manage😕

Takethedogalong replied on 07/02/2024 23:19

Posted on 07/02/2024 16:53 by heddlo

Had a good walk around Burton Agnes woodland today.  Beautiful display of snowdrops.  It looked much more impressive than my poor picture! 

Posted on 07/02/2024 23:19

Love Burton Agnes, so much to see and all very interesting. Walled Garden is fabulous. We like to visit from Rectory Farm CL at Barmston. Not sure if it still happens, but they used to have a fantastic Plant Fair, and a good Classic Car Show. Do you know about the haunting legend, and the skull?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook