What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 31/12/2023 21:24

Posted on 31/12/2023 13:23 by KjellNN

Been there several times with our twin axle 13m outfit DSB.    The access road is fine, you should not have a problem.  Nice site.

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:24

Thanks KjellNN....  Our current van (which we bought this year), is our first twin axle... and our first 8ft wide van, so really value your advice.  May well add it to our 'go to' list for 2024.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 31/12/2023 21:26

Posted on 31/12/2023 09:18 by gillianmary

Morning all    Haas anyone tried to book a site with the 10% offer today.   I tried last night approx 10.15 to book 4 nights at Knaresbrouigh, which was available, went through the booking but was unable to checkout.   Tried again this morning still not able to book and pay a deposit.   Has a block been put on to stop any further sites with this offer?

Gill

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:26

We were booked yesterday, but it may be a bit late for you, unless you do it before midnight to night. They take deposit for the number of nights that you book for. If you only want one night they still take a night's deposit and it will be refunded when you book in on site,for that's shagging expect to happen. Best of luck.

DavidKlyne replied on 31/12/2023 21:39

Posted on 30/12/2023 23:52 by DSB

I always untick the box, Nellie.  I don't ever cancel (other than once, because of a car breakdown).... but you can bet that the time I don't untick the box will be the time I will have to cancel, adding to the complications!

Wondered about booking Meathrop, but the final access road looks a bit tight.  How did you find it, Nellie?

David

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:39

David

If it helps here is a Bob Earnshaw video of the approach to Meathop Fell CMC site. First 6/7 minutes of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqAJVGhOis

David

nelliethehooker replied on 31/12/2023 21:49

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:49

Good to read of others booking their free nights. Hope that they manage to get that and the other offers at the same time.

More mixed weather with frequent showers and periods of high winds.  We had a walk through the village this morning and called in at St Mark's Church  where they too had a display of small Xmas trees, not as grand as those pictured by Moulesy. Then met up with son and DIL for l, unch at The Royal Oak, Cardington,  which was grand. Good to meet up with them again and we had a very pleasant afternoon.

A couple of photos  of St Mark's and one for Millie with details of Langley Chapel. It will need  enlarging  to read properly.

Happy New Year to one and all.

milliehull replied on 01/01/2024 11:52

Posted on 01/01/2024 11:52

We had a very pleasant evening last night. Son in NI rang to wish us a Happy New Year. We then had a chinese takeaway and did our best to finish the Quality Street (failed on that one!). Today is a very nice, dry and sunny day so far, so we are pottering in the garden doing some tidying up and refilling the bird feeders. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Happy New Year everyone smile

milliehull replied on 01/01/2024 12:11

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:49 by nelliethehooker

Good to read of others booking their free nights. Hope that they manage to get that and the other offers at the same time.

More mixed weather with frequent showers and periods of high winds.  We had a walk through the village this morning and called in at St Mark's Church  where they too had a display of small Xmas trees, not as grand as those pictured by Moulesy. Then met up with son and DIL for l, unch at The Royal Oak, Cardington,  which was grand. Good to meet up with them again and we had a very pleasant afternoon.

A couple of photos  of St Mark's and one for Millie with details of Langley Chapel. It will need  enlarging  to read properly.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Posted on 01/01/2024 12:11

Thank you nellie. What an interesting and lovely chapel.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/01/2024 12:18

Posted on 01/01/2024 12:18

Same to you Millie😁 Sun is shining here at the moment, making all the rain drops sparkle. We had a lot of rain overnight, so I might have to stay on garden paths for any work I do in garden.

I’m not a huge fan of NYE, so we watched an (old) Aggie, OH then watched MOTD while I was in bed for around 11pm. Woken up by fireworks as usual. 

Our diary of one day events, short breaks is filling up nicely. We added a couple of tickets to see Bryan Adams to it yesterday, and have an invite to a birthday afternoon tea at a place near Brodsworth Hall, so will have a look around there before the tea.

DEBSC replied on 01/01/2024 16:32

Posted on 01/01/2024 16:32

Two of our granddaughters came to spend New Years Eve with us, one of them leaving at 10.30 to go with her boyfriend to see his grandparents. I cooked a large roast for everyone, so we have enough left over for today so that I don’t have to cook again. We played games and at midnight our Son and family FaceTimed us. Our other granddaughter stayed the night, saw in New Year and remained relatively well, which was nice. Today we took her into town to meet some of her friends for lunch, they will then drive her home. Then we popped into a furniture store as we need a new sofa, difficult choice. Now just us relaxing at home. 

Our caravan site has had to close as it’s flooded, we hope the river doesn’t rise enough for the floats to be activated. The dog walk field is a huge lake. We’ve also seen photos of Stratford park, in the town, and the river water is almost up to the top steps of the bandstand. It’s rained heavily here in Devon all day yesterday and again today.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/01/2024 16:57

Posted on 01/01/2024 16:57

It’s stayed dry all day here, so a few hours in garden for me. I like this time of year, it’s nice seeing old plants re appearing, bulbs poking through. Lots of birds today in garden as well, they raise the spirits.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook