What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 24/07/2024 22:26

Posted on 24/07/2024 22:26

I changed my paper license for a photo ID one a couple of years ago, and it took around six months to get sorted. DVLA is second only to the Pensions Service in terms of inefficiency and difficult to contact.😡

Nice little day out for us today, into the Derbyshire Dales, a walk up to Slippery Stones at Ladybower. There’s a good wild swim pool up there, lots of folks walking back from a dip. It stayed lovely until we set off back towards Fairholmes, light rain.We had only gone a short way back when we came across a couple obviously struggling with the walk back, (gent looked in real pain from hips). They had badly underestimated the distance of the whole walk around. With a bit of re organising back of our car, we managed to get us all in, and dropped them off back by their car at Fairholmes. They were so glad we stopped, I think they would have been walking another hour and a half had we not taken them back. Nice to help someone out🙂 

KjellNN replied on 24/07/2024 22:37

Posted on 24/07/2024 22:37

Just about recovered from our journey home on Monday.  We set out from my sister’s house just after 11.00, made good time to the airport, then found we would have a long wait as the plane was an hour delayed.  Had our lunch sandwiches while waiting.

Flight was good, but had a bit of a rush to the international departures, only to find the plane to Edinburgh was even more delayed, so another long wait, and time to eat more sandwiches.  Was after 21.00 before we got to Edinburgh.   Then we got held up at passport control as I had not used this new passport before and did not have my “leave to remain in UK” stamp in it, and they could not find me in “the system”.

I was eventually allowed to enter UK, but by the time we got our luggage, the bus I should have taken to Glasgow had long gone (The young people had brought our Touareg, but only space for 5 plus most of the luggage, I had to take my 2 cases on the bus).  I was however allowed on the next bus and was in Glasgow before the rest of them as they had a rather long wait for the shuttle bus to the car park.

SIL was supposed to fetch me at the bus station but it was now after 23.00 so I got a taxi to their house, arriving just ahead of them.  The boys had fallen asleep so were carefully carried to bed still fully dressed, luggage was unloaded and sorted out and we set off home, arriving at midnight, and went straight to bed.

Nice to be in our own bed again, spent much of the day sleeping, only going out for some milk.

Unpacked today, then went out for shopping.

Lunch at DD’s to discuss plans for tomorrow as I will be starting to lay the new flooring in her flat.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook