What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 30/12/2023 21:03

Posted on 30/12/2023 21:03

Very cold here all day, with quite a bit of snow this morning.   However it rained later so much of it then melted.   Hopefully all gone before we need to go out tomorrow.

We are invited to DD's for  New Year's Eve dinner, drinks, and  a sleepover, though we will be coming home to make our own dinner on the 1st as they will be with SIL's family for dinner.

Now we have finished all the leftovers from Christmas, we will need to do some shopping tomorrow, so will  do that on our way to DD's house.

Today we have been sorting and filing paperwork to clear OH's sewing table as we have an awning to mend and then curtains to make for little  Nathan's bedroom.   Will keep us busy for a while.

Happy New Year to you all!

KjellNN replied on 30/12/2023 21:30

Posted on 30/12/2023 15:22 by DSB

We've still got the Outer Hebrides branch with us for a few more days, but they're out and about visiting others today.  I've spent a little time booking our first caravan outing for January..... a few days up at Castleton CAMC site.... and booked before 31st December to make sure I can use my free night voucher.

Just a little reminder for anyone who might have firgotten..... If you intend using your 'free night voucher', they can be redeemed on any booking up until the end of March (for a CAMC site) made before 31st December.

David

Posted on 30/12/2023 21:30

We were thinking of heading to York for the first week of the Easter school holidays, with DD and the boys, so OH was looking to break the journey using the free site night,  maybe at  Barnard Castle, so thought we could use the free night voucher.

However it seems that the last arrival date to use the voucher is Wednesday 27th  March, which is 2 days before the school holidays in Scotland start,  Callum is in school until lunch time on  Friday 29th according to the council info on holiday dates.

We look after Callum and Nathan on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, so cannot leave home till Friday 29th, so no possibility to use that voucher.  It will be Easter after all, presumably one of the peak times on Club sites!

milliehull replied on 30/12/2023 21:48

Posted on 30/12/2023 21:48

We went for a walk round the park again yesterday as it was at last a dry morning and the consultant has recommended that walking is the best exercise for OH. We bumped into a guy I used to be on the coffee rota with at the Cathedral some years ago. I hadn't seen him for quite a while so it was good to have a nice catch up with him and his wife. Then today we went to Aldi to do some shopping and bumped into some friends from the walking group we used to belong to before OH's mobility problems so nice to have a catch up with them as well.

Lovely photos nellie. That looks a really lovely little church.

We have no great plans for New Year's Eve other than a nice meal at home. Hope everyone has a good evening whatever they are doing. 

DSB replied on 30/12/2023 23:52

Posted on 30/12/2023 20:00 by nelliethehooker

Just a little reminder for anyone who might have firgotten..... If you intend using your 'free night voucher', they can be redeemed on any booking up until the end of March (for a CAMC site) made before 31st December.

David, it just so happens that I too booked a club site today to take advantage of the offer. We are stopping a couple of nights at the Meathop Fell site on our way back home at the end of this present trip, and I remembered to untick the box so that I can pay the balance in arrival!!😃

Posted on 30/12/2023 23:52

I always untick the box, Nellie.  I don't ever cancel (other than once, because of a car breakdown).... but you can bet that the time I don't untick the box will be the time I will have to cancel, adding to the complications!

Wondered about booking Meathrop, but the final access road looks a bit tight.  How did you find it, Nellie?

David

gillianmary replied on 31/12/2023 09:18

Posted on 31/12/2023 09:18

Morning all    Haas anyone tried to book a site with the 10% offer today.   I tried last night approx 10.15 to book 4 nights at Knaresbrouigh, which was available, went through the booking but was unable to checkout.   Tried again this morning still not able to book and pay a deposit.   Has a block been put on to stop any further sites with this offer?

Gill

DavidKlyne replied on 31/12/2023 10:14

Posted on 31/12/2023 09:18 by gillianmary

Morning all    Haas anyone tried to book a site with the 10% offer today.   I tried last night approx 10.15 to book 4 nights at Knaresbrouigh, which was available, went through the booking but was unable to checkout.   Tried again this morning still not able to book and pay a deposit.   Has a block been put on to stop any further sites with this offer?

Gill

Posted on 31/12/2023 10:14

Hi Gill

You have posted this in the Off Topic section so it probably won't be seen by many of those booking sites, probably better in UK Campsites. Unfortunately I can't move an individual post.

The website says book by 31st December, I assume that to mean you can book up until midnight today to take advantage of the 10% deposit. Might I suggest you double check that you have done everything necessary like agree the T&C's and tick or untick the payment before arrival box, have you missed the outfit details? Some people seem to have issues with the App so if might be worth checking you have the most up to date version. Good luck.

David

Wherenext replied on 31/12/2023 12:00

Posted on 31/12/2023 12:00

Haven't been on for a couple of days so am a bit late in offering Goldie my sympathy along with others. A dreadful thing to have happened. Good to see his contemporaries rallying around.

We had a dry day on Friday so both OH and self spent most of it taking moss and weeds out of the block paving on the drive. Both of us slept really well that night.smile Yesterday was spent trying to get on top of end of the year things. Had a walk in the morning but filthy weather from lunchtime onwards.

Great photos of the church Nellie. Nice and simple (the church not youwink).

I also booked a club site. Miracles do happen. Mind you we always try to start our year at the Wirral site in mid March if it's open and it is this coming year as Easter is early.

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2023 12:15

Posted on 31/12/2023 12:15

I booked a couple of nights at a Club site yesterday, with a view to using our free night voucher. It was one that offered the 10% extra off, but only on 4+ nights, so assume this discount wasn’t applied. I only paid minimum deposit, as going to be refunded a night free on arrival. Hope I have done everything right to qualify for that free night. Didn’t have any issues with payment being taken, or receiving a confirmation.

The free night is appreciated, but given the complexities of all the different hoops you find yourself having to jump through, check up on, terms and conditions to wade through, it’s not a very good customer interaction. It now remains to be seen if I have done things correctly, and on presentation of our code, we do get the free night. I loathe buying experiences that have reems and reems of small print to wade through, especially when it’s for something so simple. 

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2023 12:27

Posted on 31/12/2023 12:27

Nice photos Nellie. We have been inside Acton Burnell Castle, very much a shell. High time we revisited this area, not sure if you have been, but Shrewsbury Abbey is good, and the military museum in the Castle is very interesting. 

We booked Bolton Abbey site WN, second day of re opening, so early Easter has helped us as well. We were going to use a nice CL up there, but the free night makes it significantly cheaper to use BA this time. Got tickets for First Class breakfast steam train on Embsey and BA railway. 

I have changed my avatar, but still seeing Wally the Walrus on my iPad. If it shows different for anyone else, please let me know😁👍

Bakers2 replied on 31/12/2023 13:17

Posted on 31/12/2023 13:17

Quick read over er lunch. Your avatar changed. Wee call 😉

Edit was 2yr old  grandson not me!

Might not get chance to look in again.... Happy  healthy new year kne and all.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook