What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Goldie146 replied on 29/12/2023 09:35

Posted on 29/12/2023 09:35

I've hestitated about putting up this link. It's nothing to do with Caravanning, but it comes under the "what are you all up to" umbrella.

But for people who only read headlines about TB it shows what we're going through. 

Feel free to skip.

Farmers Guardian article about us.

DEBSC replied on 29/12/2023 10:31

Posted on 29/12/2023 10:31

A lovely but busy Christmas, 13 of us staying with Son & Daughter in law, us our Daughter and family and D-I-Ls Mother. On Boxing Day D-I-Ls family all came for the evening, so a fair few of us, lots of teenagers which was lovely. Our granddaughter was poorly on Boxing Day and spent most of the day in bed so we had a little warning but she was taken very badly in the evening, due to the warning we managed and we didn’t have to call an ambulance, she was a little brighter by the following day. We managed to visit Windsor, a family Christmas tradition, but it bucketed down all day, so we didn’t stay too long. The castle looked beautiful all lit up and the pictures projected on the tower were drawings of Christmas scenes done by children, very impressive. Christmas dinner was traditional, we all pitched in, I cooked a huge turkey but their oven is so low I kept having to call eldest grandson to lift it out in order to baste it, our oven isn’t high, a Range-master, but I couldn’t manage at home with their oven. All full after dinner so pud had to wait until the evening. Not a good journey home yesterday, we briefly called in to the church where OH parents are at rest, but no other stops and it took us 5.30 hours to get home, detour the M25 due to traffic build up, then M4 M5 packed and sudden down-pours dreadful so traffic very slow. Lots of 40 mile PH warnings. Home safe, which is the main thing.

Bakers2 replied on 29/12/2023 12:16

Posted on 29/12/2023 09:35 by Goldie146

I've hestitated about putting up this link. It's nothing to do with Caravanning, but it comes under the "what are you all up to" umbrella.

But for people who only read headlines about TB it shows what we're going through. 

Feel free to skip.

Posted on 29/12/2023 12:16

Oh, Goldie, my heart goes out to you all. 😢

I've skim read the article, and I'm as puzzled as your son on the action.

Thinking of you please  keep us posted.

Takethedogalong replied on 29/12/2023 12:37

Feel free to skip.

Posted on 29/12/2023 12:37

Utterly devastating for you all Goldie, sincere condolences on the findings. We stabled our horse on a Beef cattle farm at the time of BSE, and saw the loss and heartbreak that caused. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Cornersteady replied on 29/12/2023 13:07

Feel free to skip.

Posted on 29/12/2023 13:07

So very sorry to hear that. Our thoughts are with you.

heddlo replied on 29/12/2023 14:44

Posted on 29/12/2023 14:44

Really heartbreaking news Goldie.  Thoughts are with you, and the whole family,  and hope for a good outcome very soon. 

RedKite replied on 29/12/2023 16:03

Posted on 29/12/2023 16:03

Same from us here Goldie.

We had our UK mail 2 days ago and Letter from Head office re free one night pitch offer and the latest information from N. Lomas,  a long way to come for a short break  not we think.

We have had a few dry and sunny days longest spell of dry weather this December so a few chores done outside. 

We have two friends who have close relatives very seriously ill one in UK and one in Southern Ireland so not a good time for either of them and not really into Christmas or New Year at the moment

KjellNN replied on 29/12/2023 16:29

Posted on 29/12/2023 12:16 by Bakers2

Oh, Goldie, my heart goes out to you all. 😢

I've skim read the article, and I'm as puzzled as your son on the action.

Thinking of you please  keep us posted.

Posted on 29/12/2023 16:29

Goldie, I can only agree with B2, you must all be devastated.  

Sending our best wishes.

HelenandTrevor replied on 29/12/2023 17:00

Posted on 29/12/2023 17:00

Goldie, so sorry to read your news, sending you our best wishes and hope things get better soon.

Travelled to our site this morning, stayed dry until just after we had finished setting up, then we had rain, hailstones, and sleet. 😮 Site quiet, just us so far and hoping we won't have to worry about the fireworks. 

Nellie, at first I couldn't remember going anywhere last Autumn, but then I remembered we managed a long weekend near Shrewsbury between hospital appointments I guess that's where you must be.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook