What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 29/12/2023 21:47

Posted on 29/12/2023 21:47

Goldie, so sorry to read the news report. Hope that you all able to move on after you get the the all clear at the end of January, which I'm sure you will. Fingers crossed for you.

Helen, the site is Brickyard Farm, Fordesley, and we too are the only can on site so far. That will suit us fine for the Weekend if it stays so. Where are you staying for the New Year?

The journey down wasn't too bad, although there was a slow section between J16 & J17 on the M6. Dry when we set off, but raining a bit while we set up on site, however Flyte and I managed our afternoon walks without getting wet, although it is raining again at the moment.

Debs, that was certainly a grand family get together. Sorry to hear that your granddaughter was poorly again, hope that she is now back on the road to recovery. It must have been a trying journey home, glad that you got back safely.

richardandros replied on 30/12/2023 07:22

Posted on 30/12/2023 07:22

Goldie - devastating news for you - especially after winning those awards at the show this year. We do hope that January brings some better news.

Oneputt replied on 30/12/2023 09:57

Posted on 30/12/2023 09:57

Goldie, tradgic news for your farming family

Our house feels empty now all the family have returned home.  Everyone thoroughly enloyed rhe circus, the children were on the edge of their seats.

I’m coughing so no hospital visit for meundecided

milliehull replied on 30/12/2023 10:35

Posted on 30/12/2023 09:57 by Oneputt

Goldie, tradgic news for your farming family

Our house feels empty now all the family have returned home.  Everyone thoroughly enloyed rhe circus, the children were on the edge of their seats.

Iā€™m coughing so no hospital visit for meundecided

Posted on 30/12/2023 10:35

Oh dear OP. Hope it isn't the dreaded Covid. undecided. Take care. So pleased you all enjoyed the circus.

DSB replied on 30/12/2023 15:13

Posted on 29/12/2023 09:35 by Goldie146

I've hestitated about putting up this link. It's nothing to do with Caravanning, but it comes under the "what are you all up to" umbrella.

But for people who only read headlines about TB it shows what we're going through. 

Feel free to skip.

Farmers Guardian article about us.

Posted on 30/12/2023 15:13

So sorry to read this Goldie.  Our thoughts are with you... 

David

DSB replied on 30/12/2023 15:22

Posted on 30/12/2023 15:22

We've still got the Outer Hebrides branch with us for a few more days, but they're out and about visiting others today.  I've spent a little time booking our first caravan outing for January..... a few days up at Castleton CAMC site.... and booked before 31st December to make sure I can use my free night voucher.

Just a little reminder for anyone who might have firgotten..... If you intend using your 'free night voucher', they can be redeemed on any booking up until the end of March (for a CAMC site) made before 31st December.

David

moulesy replied on 30/12/2023 15:50

Posted on 30/12/2023 15:50

Goldie - I've only just read your news and can't begin to imagine how you're feeling and the effect on you all. One of my oldest friends who still farms in the village where I was born and brought up was similarly affect some 5 or 6 years ago and it devastated him at the time. Happily he has bounced back and has a fine herd now but, I know, is still conscious of what might happen again.

Will be thinking of you all and hoping for a good eventual outcome.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/12/2023 20:00

Posted on 30/12/2023 20:00

Just a little reminder for anyone who might have firgotten..... If you intend using your 'free night voucher', they can be redeemed on any booking up until the end of March (for a CAMC site) made before 31st December.

David, it just so happens that I too booked a club site today to take advantage of the offer. We are stopping a couple of nights at the Meathop Fell site on our way back home at the end of this present trip, and I remembered to untick the box so that I can pay the balance in arrival!!šŸ˜ƒ

nelliethehooker replied on 30/12/2023 20:03

Posted on 30/12/2023 20:03

OP, glad to hear that you enjoyed the circus, but sorry to read of your cough and that you are unable to visit your brother, just to hope that you don't have Covid.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/12/2023 20:29

Posted on 30/12/2023 20:29

We have had mixed weather again today but it was fine with little wind this morning. We drove round to Acton Burnell with the intension of viewing the Castle,  but access was prohibited due to dangerous trees. We did have a walk around the village before driving onto see Langley Chapel, an early 17th century Protestant Chapel. Got back to the van just before some heavy rain and strong winds. Did manage another couple of dry walks in the afternoon but had more rain this evening. 

Below are a few photos from today. St Mary's Church, Acton Burnell; the only view i could get of the Castle; couple from the inside of Langley Chapel. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook