What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 31/12/2023 13:23

Posted on 30/12/2023 23:52 by DSB

I always untick the box, Nellie.  I don't ever cancel (other than once, because of a car breakdown).... but you can bet that the time I don't untick the box will be the time I will have to cancel, adding to the complications!

Wondered about booking Meathrop, but the final access road looks a bit tight.  How did you find it, Nellie?

David

Posted on 31/12/2023 13:23

Been there several times with our twin axle 13m outfit DSB.    The access road is fine, you should not have a problem.  Nice site.

Rufs replied on 31/12/2023 15:44

Posted on 31/12/2023 15:44

Happy New Year to all

Storm force 8 in the Solent today but not cold but not many people about, great sky over the IOW and i noticed that our winter flowering Honey Suckle is covered in flowers and smelling quite sweetly

Post office restored my faith in the system today, sent an xmas card to Australia which somebody wrote on it not at this address, must have put it back in the post box and postie handed it back to us yesterday, so all the way to Aus and back for £2 cooland it only had our post code on the back of the envelope laughing

Goldie146 replied on 31/12/2023 16:35

Posted on 31/12/2023 16:35

Thank you for the kind messages about our TB breakdown. The process is very slow, and more so as official departments close for Christmas etc.

Three generations of farmers - my husband, son (writer of the article) and grandson - are working harder than ever to observe the isolation protocols for the “inconclusives” whilst coping with the normal workload. 

Mrs. Goldie.

InaD replied on 31/12/2023 16:48

Posted on 31/12/2023 12:15 by Takethedogalong

I booked a couple of nights at a Club site yesterday, with a view to using our free night voucher. It was one that offered the 10% extra off, but only on 4+ nights, so assume this discount wasn’t applied. I only paid minimum deposit, as going to be refunded a night free on arrival. Hope I have done everything right to qualify for that free night. Didn’t have any issues with payment being taken, or receiving a confirmation.

The free night is appreciated, but given the complexities of all the different hoops you find yourself having to jump through, check up on, terms and conditions to wade through, it’s not a very good customer interaction. It now remains to be seen if I have done things correctly, and on presentation of our code, we do get the free night. I loathe buying experiences that have reems and reems of small print to wade through, especially when it’s for something so simple. 

Posted on 31/12/2023 16:48

Like you, I have also just booked a Club site, first time on the (not so) new system.  You're right, the extra 10% off only applies on bookings of 4 nights or more.  I booked 4 nights on one of those sites, so got the 10% off.  Also only paid £20 deposit, and remembered to untick the box, so payment should be on arrival.

I do agree that it all seems an over-complicated way of getting a free night.  Initially I couldn't proceed from the very first page, so went and checked I'd completed every step; then noticed I hadn't ticked the box near the bottom.  I do find the screen very cluttered, this is on an Android tablet, it's almost like looking for a needle in a haystack.  The actual booking page only occupied a small part of the screen, there were still other parts either side.  It may be me, but I didn't find it exactly user-friendly.

I booked a Morris Leisure site last year, which offered 3for2; you book online, the 3rd night is deducted and you are charged for 2 nights.  Payment is 48 hours before arrival, but at least you don't have to pay for 3 nights in advance, then go into the office on arrival with a free night code, to then get a refund.  All seems a very long-winded way of doing it to me.

But as they say, every day is a school day wink

HelenandTrevor replied on 31/12/2023 17:18

Posted on 31/12/2023 17:18

Have been enjoying our winter break, after a walk along the Longdondale trail yesterday to the Woodhead tunnels  we drove over Holme Moss summit to Holmfirth, bit windy at the top. 

Today after a local walk we enjoyed a rather good Sunday lunch at a local pub. Now back at the van, bottle of fizz in the fridge and awaiting the forecast heavy rain, just hope it doesn't get too windy as we are a bit exposed here.😯

Nellie, couldn't remember the name of the CL when I posted the other day, but yes Brickyard Farm,a good CL. We are in deepest Derbyshire.

I booked a club site a few week's ago to use the "free night" and celebrate OH'S birthday in January.  Also booked 4 nights in the spring and got the 10% discount, came out at much the same price as a nearby CL.

Happy New Year to all on CT. 🍾

Francis replied on 31/12/2023 19:01

Posted on 31/12/2023 19:01

Been a bit of a boring few days here not much happening we had planned to have a few nights away after Christmas at Strathclyde Park club site which isn’t far from us but it was far to windy to be towing the van so we didn’t get hoping to be away soon though. Had a lovely day today out with family for a game of ten pin bowling then a dinner at the local Indian 35 of us in total so quite noisy but nice to see everyone. 

Happy New Year to all on here when it comes 

nelliethehooker replied on 31/12/2023 21:18

Posted on 31/12/2023 21:18

Wondered about booking Meathrop, but the final access road looks a bit tight. How did you find it, Nellie?

David, it is a bit tight but it is not a busy road, and there are large units that manage to get onto the site. We only have a smallish van so no problems, so far, getting up to the site. I can see why it is a good site for a 1:00 arrival, all the same.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook