What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 01/01/2024 17:40

Posted on 01/01/2024 17:40

A damp day here so went over to see friends for coffee and xmas cake which they bought back from UK from Waitrose very nice.

Went to bed early then OH said he thought he had something in the big toe and yes he had got that easily so he went to spray antiseptic on it and then I heard a loud noise he had fell onto the floor so went to see what had happened he had tried to put his foot on the laundry basket which is plastic so lid came off and he ended up with a slice in his big toe and a slightly bloody mess on the floor so all cleared up and OH sorted with plasters etc has he had another small cut under foot and thankfully no other injuries or bruises so by the time all that sorted it was New Year's day and made him soak the foot this morning and all new plasters again but he seems ok now if that was me I would have had bruises everywhere so said he must put slippers on in the house not bare feet as being a diabetic needs to protect his feet.

Sounds like folk have had a good New Year.

Found some crocus bulbs not planted so that will get done tomorrow into a small container that in the greenhouse so if it rains will be in the dry plus a few other chores.

We have had the warmest December and wettest since records began so lets hope January will be better.

Oneputt replied on 01/01/2024 18:03

Posted on 01/01/2024 18:03

Sunny but cold here today.  Quiet day at home, watch a little TV including the Vienna New Year’s Day concert.

Happy new year all

milliehull replied on 01/01/2024 19:07

Posted on 01/01/2024 12:18 by Takethedogalong

Same to you Millie😁 Sun is shining here at the moment, making all the rain drops sparkle. We had a lot of rain overnight, so I might have to stay on garden paths for any work I do in garden.

I’m not a huge fan of NYE, so we watched an (old) Aggie, OH then watched MOTD while I was in bed for around 11pm. Woken up by fireworks as usual. 

Our diary of one day events, short breaks is filling up nicely. We added a couple of tickets to see Bryan Adams to it yesterday, and have an invite to a birthday afternoon tea at a place near Brodsworth Hall, so will have a look around there before the tea.

Posted on 01/01/2024 19:07

By 'Aggie' do you mean Agatha Christie tda? We watched an old Agatha Christie film as well last night - Bertram Hotel - I love a Miss Marple film, especially with Joan Hickson. She s my favourite Miss Marple.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/01/2024 19:34

Posted on 01/01/2024 19:07 by milliehull

By 'Aggie' do you mean Agatha Christie tda? We watched an old Agatha Christie film as well last night - Bertram Hotel - I love a Miss Marple film, especially with Joan Hickson. She s my favourite Miss Marple.

Posted on 01/01/2024 19:34

Millie

Surely Joan Hickson is the only, real, Miss Marple? Whilst I quite like Agatha Christie drama's I am always a bit puzzled why the main police character is always portrayed as something of an idiot? One would have thought she would have wanted her "investigators" to pit there investigative skills against cleverer people?

On a more mundane level we have been cat feeding over the last 36 hours as son and his wife have been in London. They get priority over my own meals!!!

David 

Takethedogalong replied on 01/01/2024 19:36

Posted on 01/01/2024 19:36

I do Millie, we always call them “Aggies” 😁 Like you, we love all the Joan Hickson one’s, but this was actually the first of the Christmas specials, made in the last few years, 2016 I think. “And Then There We’re None” simple outstanding, cast, sets, costumes all 5*. We tried this year’s offering, but gave up after 20 minutes, it wasn’t doing anything for us.

Remember we were chatting about Freshwater pearls? This is my Xmas present. I can exchange the pendant part for other items, including this gorgeous lampwork pendant I found in North Wales.

milliehull replied on 01/01/2024 20:00

Posted on 01/01/2024 19:36 by Takethedogalong

I do Millie, we always call them “Aggies” 😁 Like you, we love all the Joan Hickson one’s, but this was actually the first of the Christmas specials, made in the last few years, 2016 I think. “And Then There We’re None” simple outstanding, cast, sets, costumes all 5*. We tried this year’s offering, but gave up after 20 minutes, it wasn’t doing anything for us.

Remember we were chatting about Freshwater pearls? This is my Xmas present. I can exchange the pendant part for other items, including this gorgeous lampwork pendant I found in North Wales.

Posted on 01/01/2024 20:00

That is really beautiful tda. i bet you will really enjoy wearing it.

We did watch this year's Agatha Christie and found it rather strange. We stuck with it though. We liked 'Why didnt they ask Evans' when we stayed with our son in NI. It was on ITV I think Easter 2022.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/01/2024 21:26

Posted on 01/01/2024 21:26

It started off fine and sunny but gradually deteriorated and we now have rain again!! yell
We had intended going for a walk up in the N/T's Carding Mill Valley but when we arrived we found that the car parks were full and the N/T's volunteers were stopping any more vehicles going up. We therefore had a couple of walks around Church Stretton, and I then had another back at the van before dinner.

Tda, the pendants look lovely, and I am sure look great in you.

RedKite, so sorry to hear of your OH's accident. Hope that the injury to his foot doesn't pain him too much.

RedKite replied on 02/01/2024 09:23

Posted on 02/01/2024 09:23

Thanks NTH another dressing this morning with self sticking tape which I have used before a bit better to get around a large toe and e says it feels fine. Did not realise you were in Shropshire as I lived there as a child near Cleobury Mortimer.

A dull day at the moment with rain in the forecast and parts of France have got strong winds but not here thankfully.

Xmas decorations etc are coming down today and a few other chores to do, as for tv I have been going through some older recordings so not much left now.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/01/2024 10:42

Posted on 01/01/2024 21:26 by nelliethehooker

It started off fine and sunny but gradually deteriorated and we now have rain again!! yell
We had intended going for a walk up in the N/T's Carding Mill Valley but when we arrived we found that the car parks were full and the N/T's volunteers were stopping any more vehicles going up. We therefore had a couple of walks around Church Stretton, and I then had another back at the van before dinner.

Tda, the pendants look lovely, and I am sure look great in you.

RedKite, so sorry to hear of your OH's accident. Hope that the injury to his foot doesn't pain him too much.

Posted on 02/01/2024 10:42

Thank you Nellie. We like to go up onto Long Mynd from other end, usually very quiet. Great up there by gliding club for a picnic, bit hairy getting up and down in MH🫣 It’s a beautiful area around there. Nephew’s wife, her parents live in Church Stretton.

That sounds a sore injury RK, hope it mends up soon. We use the self adhesive stuff for awkward body parts😁 Vet wrap😂

Rufs replied on 02/01/2024 11:28

Posted on 02/01/2024 11:28

"We have had the warmest December and wettest since records began so lets hope January will be better."

ditto RK but we have had howling gale force winds for 24hrs now and not much is going to change before Friday if the weatherman is too be believed, but took the option of taking the Xmas tree down rather than braving the storm, it is outside now getting a good drink, early I know but have left the welcome lights and cards for the weekend.laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook