What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Fisherman replied on 03/01/2024 15:15

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:15

Teeth seems OK as I have been eating them all my life. Do youy like my new picture.Last flight by the oid RAF troop carriers

DavidKlyne replied on 03/01/2024 15:36

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:36

Margaret phoned the company she has used for years to arrange for them to come and clean our oven. A bit of a shock to be told they no longer travel as far as MK. In a way understandable as they are based in Norfolk and I had wondered for a long time whether it was economical to travel so far. We will have to find somebody new. Had a text from the window cleaners saying they would be here today. Usually they are quite early. I completely forgot about it. Fortuitously they were running late today so I managed to move the car and open the back gate so they could get in. Until about six months ago we had never had a window cleaner, we had always done it ourselves. However pirouetting on the upstairs inside window sills was getting a bit much so we gave in. Interesting the kit they have. Long hoses which reach both back and front. They use filtered water but leave the windows wet, which initially we were suspicious of but it seems to work!

David

Takethedogalong replied on 03/01/2024 16:08

Posted on 03/01/2024 15:15 by Fisherman

Teeth seems OK as I have been eating them all my life. Do youy like my new picture.Last flight by the oid RAF troop carriers

Posted on 03/01/2024 16:08

Yes great picture. We had a lovely holiday near Waunfawr last month, enjoyed driving around Snowdon, lucky enough to see lots of low flying aircraft, including a very low Hercules. Fabulous sight. 

DEBSC replied on 03/01/2024 16:43

Posted on 03/01/2024 16:43

We feed our pheasant, Phillip, we call all that come Phillip, to try to get him to stay this end of the woods away from the shooters by feeding him daily. They are stupid birds, not like wild birds, but only bred for the shoot. If they are going to shoot them they should at least eat them. One year a female laid a large clutch of eggs in our garden but didn’t stay to hatch them.

Today we received a message from our caravan Park, it has been flooded for days but now no vehicle access to the Park at all, one big lake, they told us the level has been reached where every caravans floats have been activated. There are 3 parts to the Park with about 700 or 800 caravans, all floating! We just hope that ours comes back down levelled and safely. We place things like deckchairs and the parasol up high in the shed, so hoping it’s not that high, but undoubtedly we will have a lot of silt and mud to clean off the lower items in there when we return next season. Our van and decking is about 4ft high off the ground so hoping the bbq and outside table & chairs on the decking are ok.

DSB replied on 03/01/2024 16:50

Posted on 02/01/2024 22:32 by Takethedogalong

If you are going to Castleton later this week, or next week, forecast isn’t too bad, dry but very cold. We are keeping an eye on there as we might drop in for a couple of nights, it’s not far from home. It’s a dodgy one, as it can snow over there, hence our not booking in. 

No photo Nellie, it shot down, looked at us through the window, then took off again, quick as a flash. It’s around all the time, and not frightened to get close to house.

Thanks for the necklace compliments, I enjoyed making it. I love pearls, still got some left for other projects. 

Posted on 03/01/2024 16:50

We've booked early next week.  I'm not expecting snow.... although I do remember an enforced extra night at Poolsbrook when we had the 'Beast from the East'.... 🤣🤣

David

Takethedogalong replied on 03/01/2024 17:12

Posted on 03/01/2024 17:12

No snow forecast, just sunshine and cloud, but very cold, down to -3c overnight on my weather app, so looking like a nice week. We once drove home from Castleton in the snow, no choice as we were working, but thankfully we had a Land Rover with all the bells and whistles to tow our van and keep going. We knew if we could get up and back into Sheffield we would be fine. Don’t forget to try out The Bird Cafe for a nice lunch, it’s only 10 minutes from site, and has a nice deli and gift shop as well. On road going back towards Hathersage, past garden centre, on your right👍😁

KjellNN replied on 03/01/2024 20:11

Posted on 03/01/2024 20:11

Not a bad day here, a little sun and a little light rain.

DD had a 10%off voucher from Lidl, so offered OH to come along to take  maximum advantage of it.  The 10% applies up to a £200 spend.

OH stocked up on toilet rolls and cleaning stuff, plus socks, a new shaver for me, some tins, and bits and pieces, and DD had a lot  of stuff, so they got  a good discount.

DD and OH  left me and Daddy to look after the little people, sometimes they play nicely together, but not always!  In fact mostly they are arguing.

Once OH and DD had sorted out the spending, we had lunch then we came home and left Mummy and Daddy to sort out the arguing children!!

Appointment tomorrow for a kidney scan, then on Friday DD wants us all to go to Ikea for lunch and shopping.

Back to "normal" on Monday.

Tammygirl replied on 03/01/2024 21:03

Posted on 03/01/2024 21:03

We've had no Internet since Monday, don't know why but we have it back on today. 

We seem to have missed all the bad weather, we've had a little rain and we even got a bit of snow for a few hours but nothing as bad as was forecast. 

Got a letter for my appointment, for the shingles jag the other day but it was for the day before we fly on holiday. Managed to get it changed to tomorrow afternoon, after a 48 min hold on the phone.

Would love to get in the garden but the ground is still far to wet to walk on, even the cats are avoiding the grass and tiptoeing around the edges. 

We haven't booked our 'free' night, there's nowhere up here we fancy going to and going south of the border for just 1 night isn't cost affective. 

Hope 2024 is a better year than 2023 was. 

nelliethehooker replied on 03/01/2024 21:40

Posted on 03/01/2024 21:40

Yesterday it was rain, rain and yet more rain, so much so that the two roads around where we were staying, that we could use to get onto A49, were both flooded and probably impassable with the caravan. The site owner kindly said that if the rain continued through the night she would drive out to check if we could get through, but fortunately it stayed nearly rain free and most of the lying water had gone by breakfast time. We got packed up in the dry although it did start to rain again just as we left the site. We did have to drive through three shallowish floods on the way to our current site but thankfully we got here ok, but again a little more rain as we set up. We have never seen so much water on the fields, especially when we crossed the River Severn!!surprised Just hope that the forecast of drier days for a while materialise.

Wherenext replied on 04/01/2024 14:40

Posted on 04/01/2024 14:40

Yippee, first day for 14 months that I've been able to get back on my bike 🚴🏻‍♂️ 

Felt great, even if it was just a short ride, mainly to check on balance etc. Roll on 2024.

Mrs WN managed to secure an urgent face-to-face appointment for her mother with a doctor. Filled the form in this morning and an appointment for 10.10.am. We don't think it's anything to panic about but we'll see after all of the usual tests.

Lovely day for a change, weak sunshine and little wind.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook