What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 30/04/2021 15:24

Posted on 30/04/2021 15:24

Just finished booking a September tour, took a while to work out all the dates as weekends especially are busy, in fact  most of September is busy, August would have been easier!

Had thought to go up to Brora, but there were only odd days available, no doubt due to the NC500 thing.  Morvich and  Kinlochewe were similarly unavailable.  Instead we are going to Banchory CAMC, followed by a CL, then Dingwall, Glencoe and Oban CCCsites.

moulesy replied on 30/04/2021 16:41

Posted on 30/04/2021 16:41

"We" are just about packed up ready for our trip to Birchover tomorrow (well, 50% of us have done the actual packing - I stand well clear! wink)

Not quite sure where the kitchen sink is going to fit in though! laughing

Wherenext replied on 30/04/2021 16:42

Posted on 30/04/2021 16:42

Great news Robsail. Really pleased for you all.

TG - Good to hear Slatebarns good as we have it down for a future visit.

Had a pleasant drive home from the cottage, stopping for an hour or two at Tatton Park to view the gardens, which at the moment is more Tree Viewing than Plants and Flowers but they do have some wonderful Apple Blossom as they are cultivating oodles of apple growth. Fantastic  variety of Apples that they have. Anyway it was roughly half way to home and we got around in the dry before the showers started.

Great to see the owners of the cottage before we left as they were up at 1.30 for lambing, back at 3.30 then up again at 5.30. Never heard a thing. Really nice people. Will return some day. Seems to be our Motto.

Francis replied on 30/04/2021 17:13

Posted on 30/04/2021 17:13

Well that’s us finally away. We left home late on yesterday afternoon and stayed last night at Strathclyde Park club site then an easy hour and a half tow up to Killin today. Site very busy but it’s great to be away again. Took a wander in to the village earlier and had a couple of pints outside one of the pubs which was nice sun was out too so a bonus. Just awaiting the rain to stop then putting steak on the Cadac for dinner. Happy to be out again. 

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

milliehull replied on 30/04/2021 18:23

Posted on 30/04/2021 18:23

I finally managed to speak to someone in the eye clinic at our hospital this week. It appears that there is a year to 18 month wait for my cataract op (thinking about the age of some of the poor souls I saw when I went for my outpatient appt in Feb 2020 I doubt if all of them will survive that long). OH and I have had a discussion and decided that I should go private so I have set the wheels in motion for that today.

A very pleasant day here today. Quite mild, no wind and mostly sunny.  As they have finally finished re-surfacing our road and painted all the white lines we went out today firstly to our local farm shop and then had a wander round our local garden centre.

I hope both moulesy and Francis have good trips away and also anyone else out and about this weekend.

brue replied on 30/04/2021 18:41

Posted on 30/04/2021 18:41

I think you have been waiting long enough Millie so I hope you can sort out a private appointment, best wishes!

It's nice to hear people have been enjoying their breaks, hope the latest ones are going well.

Miserable day here today, hailstorms and chilly. 

I have had a long chat with a relative, his Mum has died and we are going to watch the funeral via a video link next week. He decided to look after his Mum at home because he knew he wouldn't see her if she went into hospital. I felt very sorry for him but we had some nice catch ups about the family. Our grandfathers worked in the same area of Birmingham and two gas holders are the last remaining reminder of that era, painted in Aston Villa colours they are about to be demolished, a bit of history gone!

Finally we are going to see my sister and BIL tomorrow, hoping the BH holiday traffic isn't too bad, will wrap up warm and take some plants we've been growing.

Enjoy your weekend one and all! smile

nelliethehooker replied on 30/04/2021 21:49

Posted on 30/04/2021 21:49

We had a good 5 nights at Bulley Farm CL which is great for walking straight from the site through lovely Bluebell woods. Met up with a fellow tourer and her dog,  Ronnie and Luna, who came up from Southhampton for a few nights. We had lots of laughs and the odd glass or two of wine were consumed.  

Drove down into Wales this morning through rain and hail showers, to another CL, near Bridgend, that we've not used before. This one too is full, as the last 3 have also been. Rain stopped just after we set up, so we were able to have a dry walk on the common after lunch.

milliehull replied on 01/05/2021 09:42

Posted on 01/05/2021 09:42

So sorry to hear about your relative's Mum brue. How lovely that he decided to look after her at home so that they could be together. I hope you have a good day with your sister and BIL. 

Glad to hear that your trip is going well nellie.

Tammygirl replied on 01/05/2021 11:16

Posted on 01/05/2021 11:16

TG - Good to hear Slatebarns good as we have it down for a future visit.

Don't think you would be disappointed, just further down the lane is a small campsite. A two minute walk to Roslin Chapel and another two mins to the crossroads where there is a nice restaurant/pub/hotel. Shops are 5 mins by car, Sainsbury, Asda, Ikea and the retail park.

Overcast just now but going to head out in the car to the other side of Edinburgh.

We met up with OHs neice and her OH yesterday for coffee, had a good catch up.

MilleH, sorry to hear of your extended wait for your op. Its been a long wait, hope you find something suitable soon.

Have a good weekend to all out and about and those just returning.

ABM replied on 01/05/2021 22:48

Posted on 01/05/2021 22:48

Spent a fair portion of  today attacking the washing & drying, but, alas, it will over run into Sunday - so I'll be able to keep one eye on the pot and the other on the kettle !! No No No yell!! I meant to say one eye on the snooker finals on the telebox  wink, Getting a bit carried away there, sorry  surprisedinnocent

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook