What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 01/05/2021 22:54

Posted on 01/05/2021 22:54

We're out in the caravan at Conkers C&CC site.  Only around d 20 minutes from home, so will be going back to play for church tomorrow and pop in to the house to make sure our son put out the rubbish for the bin men!

It's been sunny today, fir the most part, but quite cool at times.  After our BBQ we met with some of our friends - socially distanced, and wrapped in blankets, so we could at least say hello.  No awning get togethers this year.

David 

Wherenext replied on 02/05/2021 13:44

Posted on 02/05/2021 13:44

Looks like I'm Billy No Mates today.

Had my second OAZ jab this morning and, touch wood, have no reaction to it this time around. Yippee. Then again as I wasn't suffering I was sent out into the garden to do some weeding and rearranging. 

Not much chance of it this afternoon as it seems to be precipitation falling from the sky and something called puddles are forming.

Hope those away are fairing better with the weather and enjoying themselves.

Good luck with sorting out your eye problem Millie.

Had a bit of luck as I had an appointment arrive from the hospital that I've been waiting for for months and it's on a date that I'm actually home this month. They'll probably move it.wink

Goldie146 replied on 02/05/2021 14:30

Posted on 02/05/2021 14:30

A trip into town this morning, and we’re now both vaccinated for the second time. We even got stickers this time!

So next Sunday we’re planning on going the supermarket (Booths) for the first time since March 2020. We’ve been using their Click and Collect since then. One thing I’m looking forward to is picking up short dated reduced items - they’re never listed on the website!

heddlo replied on 02/05/2021 15:19

Posted on 02/05/2021 14:30 by Goldie146

A trip into town this morning, and we’re now both vaccinated for the second time. We even got stickers this time!

So next Sunday we’re planning on going the supermarket (Booths) for the first time since March 2020. We’ve been using their Click and Collect since then. One thing I’m looking forward to is picking up short dated reduced items - they’re never listed on the website!

Posted on 02/05/2021 15:19

Well done on your second jabs Goldie.  I’ve been wondering about a supermarket visit too as, like you, we haven’t been into a supermarket for over a year.  We are staying at Troutbeck next week for a while but I’ve chickened out and booked a Click and Collect in Penrith.  Maybe next time??!!🤔

DavidKlyne replied on 02/05/2021 17:04

Posted on 02/05/2021 15:19 by heddlo

Well done on your second jabs Goldie.  I’ve been wondering about a supermarket visit too as, like you, we haven’t been into a supermarket for over a year.  We are staying at Troutbeck next week for a while but I’ve chickened out and booked a Click and Collect in Penrith.  Maybe next time??!!🤔

Posted on 02/05/2021 17:04

We have recently been to a couple of supermarkets, Waitrose and Morrisons. I think it sensible to pick your time. Monday (not bank holiday!) seems quite a quiet time. What we like about Morrisons is that it seems to have a lot of space, well certainly in the CMK one which is quite new.

David

brue replied on 02/05/2021 17:22

Posted on 02/05/2021 17:22

As I had decided to go back to home deliveries just before Covid arrived I'll be sticking with them but I've popped in and out of local shops through covid so probably won't do much more than that...except a walk around Booths when we're up in Booths country! All of our nearest supermarkets  are very large and a good distance from us except a smallish Waitrose in another direction.

I was up early for a delivery today but the extra work getting a delivery for our neighbours will come to an end and that will be a lot easier!

ABM replied on 02/05/2021 18:44

Posted on 02/05/2021 18:44

Spent most of the day attending to the laundry, silently muttering ( swearing actually embarassed ) at the occasional rain shower but now all done and dusted apart from a couple of sheets and the, fortunately washable, kitchen mats  still out there daring the starlings and sparrows to perch where they shouldn't !!  Evening meal in the oven, couple of socks needing some 'pointed' attention, then its snooker all the way to the Wooden Hill Time !

I've been attending to my Civic Duties for some weeks now, so all supermarkets have heard the ABM clog dance~~ Even Sandbach Waitrose which has a One-Way system in operation with regular tannoy announcements to ensure we all obey.  All necessary 'cos they are in the Time To Up-Date mood at present with only two freezer cabinets working. There are Times that I'm so very pleased to be boosting Government Funds by driving round the County Palatine and burning oodles of fuel whilst visiting t'other supermarkets to see which gorgeous tasty comestibles they have that others lack  innocentwink

replied on 02/05/2021 18:52

Posted on 02/05/2021 17:04 by DavidKlyne

We have recently been to a couple of supermarkets, Waitrose and Morrisons. I think it sensible to pick your time. Monday (not bank holiday!) seems quite a quiet time. What we like about Morrisons is that it seems to have a lot of space, well certainly in the CMK one which is quite new.

David

Posted on 02/05/2021 18:52

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tammygirl replied on 02/05/2021 19:29

Posted on 02/05/2021 19:29

Back home again, wasn't due to be until tomorrow but the forecast is for heavy rain and high winds. We decided late afternoon to pack up early and come home in the dry, trying to cross the Forth bridge towing a caravan in high winds isn't my idea of fun. Of course they can always close it then you have a long detour.

We've had a nice break, remembered how to do thingslaughing and made a note of what we hadn't put in the van.

Only one food hick up. I thought I'd put in a tub of homemade bolognase, turned out to be chicken curry 😂😂😂 thankfully I noticed before I put the pasta on.

Garden looks like it had a good water while we were away as the grass has greened up. Some work to do in the garden this next week hope the weather plays ball after the rain tomorrow.

Good to hear more getting their second jabs, we've been going into supermarkets all the way through the pandemic. Some are better than others at keeping shoppers safe. Under the first lockdown things were very strict but it didn't last and now folk wear the masks but that's about it. Many no longer wipe the trolleys or sanitise their hands, its down to you to make sure you stay safe.😡

DavidKlyne replied on 02/05/2021 19:39

Posted on 02/05/2021 18:52 by

We have shopped throughout and at no time felt threatened by it. However we started to go very early for the pensioners hour  8 till 9 and have stuck with it.These days there are few customers  but many many order pickers and as it was a 25% discount week on wine it occured to me that these online order customers would very likely be unaware of it.

Posted on 02/05/2021 19:39

David

We are rarely up that early!!!!!  During our working life we tended to start work slightly later than most but worked later, sometimes to 8/9.00pm so I suppose it's a habit. My youngest son often gets up at 5.00am to take the dogs for a walk before going to work early so he can get on before the usual interruptions and meetings. If we are anywhere by 11.00am that is pretty good goingwink

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook