What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 29/04/2021 20:53

Posted on 29/04/2021 19:59 by Goldie146

Today we got a shiny new Sky dish and Sky Q box. It was a quick efficient job by engineer (well masked up etc), but it took a long time last night to untangle and dust the wires etc behind the television. 

So now we have a blank page - all the old films (mainly weepy or rom-coms) I had recorded and saved, are gone. Time to find new favourites!

Posted on 29/04/2021 20:53

Goldie,

Just goes to remind us all that we used to have oodles of VHS & DVDs with our favourites on, before we got bitten by the 'technology bug'  so we will all be in the same boat if we get carried away.

{ N.B. Note to self :-- Check the supplies available in charity shops and market traders stalls !! }

Takethedogalong replied on 29/04/2021 21:10

Posted on 29/04/2021 20:13 by Wherenext

Brue, even at full power I find NT catering to be deeply disappointing but at least they are consistent and I know not to expect to find anything  to eat for myself but the 2 ladies are cosmopolitan in taste but even found the coffee to be abysmal today. Maybe it was just a bad day.

Off home tomorrow and it seems to have ticked the refresh box, especially for my Mother-in-Law, who had 4 booked holidays cancelled last year. Sure, in the grand scheme of things they were just an inconvenience but a change of scenery will work wonders for her.

Posted on 29/04/2021 21:10

We aren’t fans of NT catering either. Haven’t got the specific needs some have, but just not being meat eaters cuts down the variety of what’s on offer for us usually, and to be honest, my Yorkshire genes baulk at paying something like £20 for a couple of coffees and two pieces of cake. We have found catering for ourselves in the MH much nicer, and it isn’t a chore at all to be honest. We have a lot of lunchtime favourites we do when out and about in the day, soup, gourmet cheese on toast, beans on toast, cheese platters, all sorts of salads, burger buns, etc..... We often cook a full meal as well when off pitch, just sit and dine watching the sun set, or admiring the views, wildlife spotting. One of the best things about a very useable go anywhere sized touring van. 
Glad to hear you have had a good time. We are counting slowly down to enjoying our cottage booked in Borders, an area we love. With luck, we might even get to have a meal out somewhere if it’s warm and dry enough for Mum😁

ABM replied on 29/04/2021 21:11

Posted on 29/04/2021 21:11

P.S.   Forgot to thank you Goldie ~~ you have reminded me that I can get some quality DVDs of  Steam Traction Engine Rallies if I bother to turn this seat round 180*  --  All the relevant Heritage Books are sitting there  with Adverts for 'em embarassed

Tammygirl replied on 29/04/2021 21:13

Posted on 29/04/2021 21:13

Last night here, then off tomorrow to Slatebarns for the weekend.

Its been lovely and quiet here, had the place to ourselves for the first 2 days then another couple arrived yesterday and 2 more today, place full for the weekend. Empty again come Monday the owner said.

We've enjoyed here, weather could have been better, typical April showers but managed to get out everyday and not got wet once. Disappointed that we didn't get clear skies as its a dark sky site. We saw the super moon on Monday night very close and bright but no stars on other nights.

Think Slatebarns will be busy but looking forward to visiting it again not been in years, hope its going to be dry and we can get out on the bikes.

Glad to hear you had a good break WN, I'm sure MIL enjoyed it after last year's disappointments.

robsail replied on 29/04/2021 21:38

Posted on 29/04/2021 21:38

TG enjoy Slatebarns- Roslyn Chapel lovely if open!

Son got back to his daycentre today and looking forward to going back tomorrow! This was the first day of opening under a limited basis. My OH and I didn't know what to do with ourselves!

My OH had her hair appointment the first since November!

Tomorrow sees them get their second Jab on the same basis as the first ie arm out the window as they are both not overly mobile! Here's hoping that it isn't hailing as it was first time around.

ABM replied on 29/04/2021 21:48

Posted on 29/04/2021 21:48

". . . . . My OH and I didn't know what to do with ourselves . . . ."

## Sounds like a cue for a song there, Robsail  ##

milliehull replied on 30/04/2021 09:07

Posted on 30/04/2021 09:07

So pleseed to hear that your son is back to his daycentre robsail. Good news about haircuts and jabs as well. 👍

Goldie146 replied on 30/04/2021 09:43

Posted on 29/04/2021 20:53 by ABM

Goldie,

Just goes to remind us all that we used to have oodles of VHS & DVDs with our favourites on, before we got bitten by the 'technology bug'  so we will all be in the same boat if we get carried away.

{ N.B. Note to self :-- Check the supplies available in charity shops and market traders stalls !! }

Posted on 30/04/2021 09:43

When checked our recordings we realised we had a lot of them on DVD  - it was just so much easier to flick a switch and click a button, rather than walk over to the DVD shelf and insert the disk.

Tammygirl replied on 30/04/2021 13:53

Posted on 30/04/2021 13:53

Arrived at Slatebarns, journey all ok apart from roadworks in Penicuik. Lively sunshine just now.

What a cracking little CL this is, all pitches HS, very neat and tidy with grass around each pitch and a nice central grassed area.

Think we are doing IKEA this afternoon, OH has the need for meatballs😂😂 I need a couple of plates for the vans I broke one the other night.

JVB66 replied on 30/04/2021 14:51

Posted on 30/04/2021 14:51

Very frosty start this morning, when out with Rosa

Then home for OHs hospital appointment , back by 1300

Site filling up we have now got four hired Autoroller motor caravans near us, non members @£43.50 per night and they are quite surprised how cheap it is to staysurprised

Not a lot of chance of it getting cheaper in the futureundecided

Ps just been asked if I knew if this club had sites  in Scotland  as they are going to hire some motorcaravans with some more friends of theirs in July as they are going to tour up there to do they say ,have I heard of the north  coast 500?,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook