What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2024 12:58

Posted on 27/08/2024 12:58

It’s not that bad really once you have done it, and hopefully you will get lots of enjoyment from your bike. It sounds compact enough to store easily inside your outfit when away, and at home, so hopefully well out of sight of opportunist thieves.
Given the above, I would try and talk to someone who provides your current house insurance, and explain how it will be stored at home, and away. Yes, you will need a lock if you intend leaving it when out, but if you are like us, it won’t happen much, if ever. All you can do is ask. The photos and all the receipts are crucial though.   

vbfg replied on 27/08/2024 14:21

Posted on 27/08/2024 12:58 by Takethedogalong

It’s not that bad really once you have done it, and hopefully you will get lots of enjoyment from your bike. It sounds compact enough to store easily inside your outfit when away, and at home, so hopefully well out of sight of opportunist thieves.
Given the above, I would try and talk to someone who provides your current house insurance, and explain how it will be stored at home, and away. Yes, you will need a lock if you intend leaving it when out, but if you are like us, it won’t happen much, if ever. All you can do is ask. The photos and all the receipts are crucial though.   

Posted on 27/08/2024 14:21

The area where we live isn't known to be an area for many burglaries or thefts and my next door neighbour has one of those CCTV doorbells which picks up people who walk up my drive as well, BUT never say never! I would think that they are a good deterrent to burglars.

I will try pedalsure, although I have received some quotes from Eversure and Churchill so will compare the comparison quotes!!!

Perhaps I should have bought a canoe instead, as the way the weather has been last year and this year, it may have been more appropriate.  The weather is looking a lot better for next week though!

vbfg replied on 27/08/2024 14:28

Posted on 26/08/2024 15:00 by Wherenext

Maybe that will come to an end now that they're finishing using the racecourse as a site.

Posted on 27/08/2024 14:28

They have a 3 night special deal for caravanner/M/H users when the racing is on, but personally, I would not want to visit when the racing is on as I would find it too busy and most probably too noisy.

vbfg replied on 27/08/2024 14:35

Posted on 27/08/2024 11:30 by DSB

Just picked up Lizzie.  The dog seens OK, if a bit subdued and is on a course of antibiotics for the next few days, so all seems well.

David

Posted on 27/08/2024 14:35

I am pleased to hear that Lizzie is getting better.  Pets do seem to pick up more "bugs" when they are older but tend to get over them quickly as unlike humans, they simply live for now and don't stress over things like we do.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2024 14:58

Posted on 27/08/2024 14:58

Sorry to hear about Lizzie, hate things like stomach upsets. Hopefully she will mend up quickly, they are such resilient little creatures. Our Lab has been for his monthly injection and drugs top up this morning. We could probably fund a cruise every couple of months with what he costs us, but we do love him🥰 He’s 15 in January🤞

Loving Flyte’s dreadlocks, he does so well Nellie🥰

Enjoyed the garden photos as well. Easton is lovely, I have a good few plants from there, and some sweet pea seeds. We haven’t been able to get this year, but it’s always one of our favourites.

richardandros replied on 27/08/2024 15:21

Posted on 27/08/2024 15:21

David - I'm so pleased to hear that Lizzie seems to be OK.  It's so worrying when they are ill - and they can't tell you what's wrong! I still haven't forgotten Meg spending 24 hours at the emergency vets on Boxing Day, two years ago, after vomiting blood. She also was back to normal after a couple of days, but what a worrying time it was. I won't mention the bill but thankfully, her insurance covered it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook