What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2024 12:33

Posted on 25/08/2024 12:33

If you are out still after bank holiday week, Tour of Britain is going across Northern area of NYMoors, Whitby and Saltburn Bank. Tuesday 3rd. Double climb at Saltburn.

DEBSC replied on 25/08/2024 13:30

Posted on 25/08/2024 13:30

Out this morning getting the last bits for our little family party later in the week, all done now, fingers crossed. Iceland let me down I decided to make things easier on myself and to buy some of the lovely frozen big gateaux that we have at Christmas, only to find they don’t do them in the summer! A selection of smaller items purchased instead. I planned just a small roast for the two of us this evening and relax. Granddaughters just phoned, ‘what are you doing, thought we’d pop over to see you’ Mentioned a small roast to be told ‘oh that sounds lovely, not sure what we are having’. Now a large roast for six, 3 granddaughters and one boyfriend!

Wherenext replied on 25/08/2024 14:18

Posted on 25/08/2024 14:18

I know where you are coming from David. We have a corner bungalow in a cul-de-sac where the front garden extends around the side and had part of it concreted over to accommodate the caravan. It used to be around the other side until we extended the bungalow to move the In-laws in 20 years ago (my doesn't time fly when you're having fun eh?laughing). I used to look out on it when in the extended kitchen but since selling the caravan that space has remained empty. The Van fits onto the front drive now. It's strange looking out of the kitchen window when preparing meals to see that space. The garden area is already getting too big to manage so I doubt we'll do anything with that space. Might set up a 1 unit CL, EHU provided with nearby water tap and sewer. Mmmm...undecided

Blowing 40mph+ here today with rain so yes, Micky, autumn does seem to have arrived.

OH lost a filling in her tooth this morning at breakfast so that will need sorting when they re-open on Tuesday.

DavidKlyne replied on 25/08/2024 15:47

Posted on 25/08/2024 15:47

My enthusiasm for the amount of rain we had yesterday and what it would do for the garden has proved somewhat misplaced. I have a couple of plants in my perennial garden at the front of the house I want to dig up as I don't think they really contribute, colour wise. I think that rain might have softened  the first couple of inches but much deeper its still rock hard! No doubt we will get more rain.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2024 15:58

Posted on 25/08/2024 14:18 by Wherenext

I know where you are coming from David. We have a corner bungalow in a cul-de-sac where the front garden extends around the side and had part of it concreted over to accommodate the caravan. It used to be around the other side until we extended the bungalow to move the In-laws in 20 years ago (my doesn't time fly when you're having fun eh?laughing). I used to look out on it when in the extended kitchen but since selling the caravan that space has remained empty. The Van fits onto the front drive now. It's strange looking out of the kitchen window when preparing meals to see that space. The garden area is already getting too big to manage so I doubt we'll do anything with that space. Might set up a 1 unit CL, EHU provided with nearby water tap and sewer. Mmmm...undecided

Blowing 40mph+ here today with rain so yes, Micky, autumn does seem to have arrived.

OH lost a filling in her tooth this morning at breakfast so that will need sorting when they re-open on Tuesday.

Posted on 25/08/2024 15:58

We’ed stay🤣 Don’t need hook up, service pitch and happy to shove money through letter box!

Windy here, but still warm and dry. Busy weekend here, next door are fitting a balustrade to their huge patio space, so little twins don’t plummet 4feet into flower bed below. OH is doing an awful job clearing out a drain sump, filling the sump bit with concrete. Yuck🤢 I am on a bit of a house clean, in between potting on red hot poker seedlings, and when the hound wakes up, he’s going to be furminated! 

Oneputt replied on 25/08/2024 16:22

Posted on 25/08/2024 16:22

Had to take back roads to go and watch Sophie play football. They played a boys team and lost 4-7 so they played pretty well.

The reason for the detour is today is the Truckers convoy is to take disadvantaged children to Pleasurewood hills for the day.  Generally there are 80+ trucks involved

Lots of noise on the road last night, someone set fire tp a car last night, one car destroyed and two damaged 

RedKite replied on 25/08/2024 17:04

Posted on 25/08/2024 17:04

We should have had a big storm yesterday in the evening  but it went around us and only had 1.8mm of rain so a bit annoyed as we thought we would have a good amount of rain so back to watering again and no rain this week either.

Now a lot quieter here as most folks have gone back ready for the schools when they open on 2nd September and the roads were very busy Friday and yesterday.

A hot day yesterday 35.6C and the air was hot as well so not much done outside but today much cooler 26C and a nice breeze as well.

Had a wedding around here yesterday as we had about 30 plus cars going by and all tooting their horns and waving as they went by.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/08/2024 20:38

Posted on 25/08/2024 20:38

Lots of noise on the road last night, someone set fire to a car last night, one car destroyed and two damaged 

OP, there is a report of similar occurrences in North Wales. One wonders what has caused this to happen in two, at least, different regions of the country, and what the lunatics who are responsible get out of it?

RK, we would welcome some of that fine warm, 26C weather you are having here in the North West. It has been much more like November than August with strong winds and periods of rain today, cool enough to think about putting on the central heating!! (But we don't do that in August, do we?) It is even worse up in The Lakes, with flooded roads and a land slide blocking the Newlands Pass road. They even had to close the C&CC's Keswick site and have cancelled the Agricultural Show as the ground is that saturated!

Tammygirl replied on 25/08/2024 20:38

Posted on 25/08/2024 20:38

Just popped in for a quick catch up.

We've been very busy with getting jobs done and visiting friends.

Great news about exams passed, congratulations to those involved.

Our grandchildren did very well. Eldest granddaughter got the results she needed and is heading off to Uni. The middle 2 (boys) both did exceptionally well getting A's in all subjects in GCSE. One of them is now back in school here in Scotland, starting his first year of Highers. Our youngest granddaughter starts her GCSE this year when the English schools go back, her brother starts 6th year.  

We are starting our prep work for going away in the MH for our autumn trip. OH has been busy doing a few more Mods to the van, while I've been rearranging things and creating more jobs for him laughing

Weather here hasn't been to bad.  We've had some really nice days/weeks not the heat of down south but that is fine as we could carry on with our jobs.

Haven't been out on our bikes as much this summer so no doubt we will suffer when we get away. The garden is looking very lush, any rain we've had has been overnight up until today, when its been on and off all day. Everything looks nice and fresh. We have had wind but nothing out of the ordinary for us. 

Haven't been away in the van over summer, but after this weekend we might just go away for a few days if the weather behaves.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/08/2024 21:38

Posted on 25/08/2024 21:38

Sorry to hear that, WN, your OH seems to spend nearly as much time visiting the dentist as I do!!wink I too will have to try for an appointment on Tuesday!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook