What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 29/04/2021 11:41

Posted on 29/04/2021 11:10 by DavidKlyne

Is that different than paying at the pump? I tend always to use supermarket fuel stations and tend now (certainly since COVID) to use the pay at pump option as its quicker than having to queue in the shop.

David

Posted on 29/04/2021 11:41

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 29/04/2021 12:09

Posted on 29/04/2021 12:09

Just rang the owners of the cottage in Birchover we're heading for on Saturday. Arrival time is nominally 4pm so I just wanted to ask if it would be ok to park up and take the dogs for a walk while we wait  (think it would be more secure with a loaded car than parking in the village.) Very pleasant conversation with the owner who checked and said "oh, hang on, there's nobody in the day before so it'll  be cleaned and ready for you at 2pm". Result! smile

richardandros replied on 29/04/2021 12:14

Posted on 29/04/2021 12:14

Am kicking myself big-time!  We have had two weeks away on this lovely CS and haven't seen a drop of rain all that time.  We are going back home tomorrow and therefore today is the day to take down the awning. Yesterday, the forecast for today looked dry although, a couple of times yesterday, I did wonder whether or not tot take the awning down then.

Guess what - the rain started in the night and we're getting traditional April showers - every few minutes!! Sky's full of very black cloudsundecided

Looks as if I've got the delight of having to try and dry this very heavy and big Kampa awning at homefrown

Wherenext replied on 29/04/2021 16:18

Posted on 29/04/2021 16:18

Got the T-shirt RandR.😢

Had the odd drop of rain ourselves but nothing to write home about. Went to Kedleston Hall. Bit disappointing. Nice walk around the woodland with Bluebells everywhere but not a great deal else to do with an aged MiL to entertain. 

Very, very disappointed, as usual, with NT food. I'm used to it so take sandwiches but I could have had a Brownie (pre wrapped) or a Brownie or a Brownie! Mrs WN can't stand white pappy bread so had to make do with a slice of fruit loaf for lunch. MiL rather obstinately tried the sandwich and threw it away. What a difference to the home made stuff we had at Cromford Mill yesterday. And NT know how to overcharge.

Anyway we went to Bakewell as the ladies wanted some retail therapy. Nice to see the town doing ok. Not overpacked either. Ladies happy and sunshine as well.

Off home tomorrow. 

Hope you have a good time Moulesy. 

DavidKlyne replied on 29/04/2021 16:38

Posted on 29/04/2021 16:38

Margaret and I have not long had our second Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccinations. Now waiting to see if we get any after effects!!! Funnily enough we met the same two near neighbours that we met at our first vaccinations back in January. How things have changed since then, just hope it's not a false dawn.

David

heddlo replied on 29/04/2021 19:38

Posted on 29/04/2021 19:38

Fingers crossed that you don’t get any reaction David.  Impossible to second guess as everyone is different.  Agree about the false dawn, someone says one thing and then another opinion is expressed which knocks you back again.  Don’t know what to think at times!!!  I’d like to be optimistic.

brue replied on 29/04/2021 19:42

Posted on 29/04/2021 19:42

Had our jabs on Monday David, we both feel better than the first time just a bit under par.

WN I don't think NT catering is running at full power after the Covid restrictions, our local ones aren't offering much at all. Down in Cornwall we saw one place with nothing open for food or drinks. Probably start to improve if the season gets under way and they get more staff back on board?

We went to a garden centre today, but it was too busy and unpleasant wearing a mask outside and in. Got a few things we needed like grass seed and then glad to leave. A pity as we usually like mooching around these places.

OH had to make a trip to daughter's home where her partner is struggling to renovate their old bathroom, it's downstairs in what would have been an outside loo and wash house. Damp walls to sort out etc.

Then tonight a panic call from neighbours with partial electric failure..OH directed them to their fuse box....wink

And now it's wall to wall snooker again laughing

Goldie146 replied on 29/04/2021 19:59

Posted on 29/04/2021 19:59

Today we got a shiny new Sky dish and Sky Q box. It was a quick efficient job by engineer (well masked up etc), but it took a long time last night to untangle and dust the wires etc behind the television. 

So now we have a blank page - all the old films (mainly weepy or rom-coms) I had recorded and saved, are gone. Time to find new favourites!

Wherenext replied on 29/04/2021 20:13

Posted on 29/04/2021 20:13

Brue, even at full power I find NT catering to be deeply disappointing but at least they are consistent and I know not to expect to find anything  to eat for myself but the 2 ladies are cosmopolitan in taste but even found the coffee to be abysmal today. Maybe it was just a bad day.

Off home tomorrow and it seems to have ticked the refresh box, especially for my Mother-in-Law, who had 4 booked holidays cancelled last year. Sure, in the grand scheme of things they were just an inconvenience but a change of scenery will work wonders for her.

milliehull replied on 29/04/2021 20:42

Posted on 29/04/2021 20:42

So pleased you have had a good few days away WN and also good to hear that your MIL is feeling refreshed after a change of scenery. It must have been very dispiriting for her to have had 4 holidays cancelled last year. Hopefully these last few days will have lifted her spirits.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook