What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 28/04/2021 15:54

Posted on 28/04/2021 15:54

Hope you get a nice trim this Friday TDA !  Just make sure you have a warm wrap with you ~~ I didn't and have been sh-sh-shivering ever since, so much so that I was told off in M & S this morning because the check-out staff could not get the reader to check the Christmas Present Gift Cards 'til I laid them down  sealed Still everything was OK- No leaks or dribbles anywhere wink

Wherenext replied on 28/04/2021 19:25

Posted on 28/04/2021 19:25

Thanks for your comments, all appreciated.The Peak District is second home to us as it was where we spent most weekends when working. Walked everywhere from Kinder Scout down to Osmaston in the south. We used to do a walk that by passed the Tram Museum or just by it and walk on over to Dethick.

Anyway MiL was a trooper today. On her feet walking for over 3 and a half hours all told, with a cuppa and lunch in between but not bad for someone of her age. She's enjoying the change of scenery ( and also falling asleep at 9 pm!laughing).

It's really surprising what tickles the satisfied bone these days. Hair cuts, charity shops, a scone from a takeaway coffee shop. Maybe we've never fully appreciated the ordinary things in life enough.

milliehull replied on 28/04/2021 20:34

Posted on 28/04/2021 20:34

I agree WN. I dont think we have really appreciated the ordinary things in life enough in the past. Hopefully we wont forget to appreciate them more in the future. These past 2 weeks I have so enjoyed a haircut, coffee in the park with a friend, lunch in a friend's garden, a visit to a charity shop and tea and cake in our daughter's garden to celebrate her birthday. I dont wish for any more.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/04/2021 21:56

Posted on 25/04/2021 22:14 by Wherenext

Nellie, have you recovered from Saturday or were you out all day?laughing

Posted on 28/04/2021 21:56

Sorry, just found this post, WN. As you might expect we were out for most of the day and they stopped racing at 5:00 so no real problem.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/04/2021 22:03

Posted on 26/04/2021 20:11 by Takethedogalong

We have stayed at The Brough Tammy, nice CL. I seem to recall the pitches being terraced, with the loo and shower down at the bottom of the Site? It’s a long time ago now though, but a lovely location.

Posted on 28/04/2021 22:03

We too have stayed there in the past. Tried getting in last year but it was fully booked when we planned to visit. Hopefully we'll get there again when things get back to something like normal.

Takethedogalong replied on 28/04/2021 22:30

Posted on 28/04/2021 22:30

Can’t agree enough with what you say WN and Millie. Quite simple everyday things have provided us with some good moments this year, things that in other times we would very much take for granted. First post lockdown takeaway fish and chips, discovering all sorts of nice local walks, baking lots of homemade bread, learning how to make houmous, planning a home party for Mum’s birthday, watching all the different wildlife in our garden and home area, lots of DIY tasks, etc.....

Really enjoyed our first few days away though, thankfully everything went really well, looking forward to our next carefully planned break now.😁

JVB66 replied on 29/04/2021 08:46

Posted on 29/04/2021 08:46

What a lovely start to the day clear blue sky ,although one needs to keep out of the cold wind ,

Washing done and now out on whirly

Its is going to be busy here 182 arrivals tomorrow

We are still on big ICE generators to keep most of the park with power

replied on 29/04/2021 09:20

Posted on 29/04/2021 08:46 by JVB66

What a lovely start to the day clear blue sky ,although one needs to keep out of the cold wind ,

Washing done and now out on whirly

Its is going to be busy here 182 arrivals tomorrow

We are still on big ICE generators to keep most of the park with power

Posted on 29/04/2021 09:20

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 29/04/2021 11:10

Posted on 29/04/2021 09:20 by

JVB

Was in WGC this week and when  we went to fill up at the filling station  ne B&Q  we had to pre pay for the fuel I e guess how much we needed in pounds . Never come across this before,  Is there a problem with folk running off without  paying?

Posted on 29/04/2021 11:10

Is that different than paying at the pump? I tend always to use supermarket fuel stations and tend now (certainly since COVID) to use the pay at pump option as its quicker than having to queue in the shop.

David

JVB66 replied on 29/04/2021 11:19

Posted on 29/04/2021 09:20 by

JVB

Was in WGC this week and when  we went to fill up at the filling station  ne B&Q  we had to pre pay for the fuel I e guess how much we needed in pounds . Never come across this before,  Is there a problem with folk running off without  paying?

Posted on 29/04/2021 11:19

Esso station? no idea why.  and we use that station with our cc fuel card, may have a problem with  incomerswinkcool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook