What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 26/04/2021 12:24

Posted on 26/04/2021 12:24

Wherenext - hope you have a good time in the Peak District, but please don't use up all the sunshine!  smile

Kedleston Hall looks interesting, think we might try to get down there for a day when we are up that way. You say your cottage is near Matlock - where abouts exactly? Ours is in the village of Birchover, lots of walks straight put the door, looking forward to it but hope it won't be too busy on BH weekend. I've found an interesting walk to Chatsworth starting at Pilsley village which, hopefully, means avoiding the traffic heading to the house (not to mention avoiding the car parking charges!) and has the added benefit of being just a few hundred yards from the farm shop.👍

Still waiting to hear from The Packhorse! surprised

Cornersteady replied on 26/04/2021 18:17

Posted on 26/04/2021 18:17

A cooler day and there was a touch of frost on the ground as I left this morning bound for North Shields and Breakfast at Tynemouth beach.

The last two are for CY, the large cruise ship was at the Royal Quays just before North Shields and next to where the ferry to Amsterdam comes in. It's been there a few weeks now and was there during the first lockdown. There appeared to be people cleaning all the balconies so perhaps it will be back in service soon?

Takethedogalong replied on 26/04/2021 19:48

Posted on 26/04/2021 19:48

We visited Kedleston a few years ago, interesting place. I think Curzon built it predominantly to exhibit his treasures. OH wants to go back, I have other places on my list. 
Mixed day for me today. Spent all afternoon tidying greenhouse and potting up dahlias and other tender stuff, trying to bring them on. Way too cold to put anything out overnight, so have dozens of pots now awaiting the next stage when things finally warm up at night. This was stress relief from a morning spent achieving nothing because of bureaucracy, uncontactable Government Departments and a never ending circle of poor information that progressed me nowhere. I do despair of some of the ill thought out procedures some Government Departments have in place.🤷‍♀ī¸ Very very frustrating. Magnified by Covid as well.☚ī¸

brue replied on 26/04/2021 19:55

Posted on 26/04/2021 19:55

We are stuck with lots of seedlings in the greenhouse too TDA, can't risk planting them or even leaving them out to harden off. Have got to get them in before we go away next so I see a last minute mammoth planting session soon...!

Sorry you've had a battle with "gov.uk" it all looks so well organised until you start to delve deeper....wink

Tammygirl replied on 26/04/2021 20:05

Posted on 26/04/2021 20:05

Got away this morning on time and before the rain started.

Decent easy drive down, never seen so many MHs on the road going north.

So far only us on the CL and someone who has been here for a year (essential worker) lovely views from all pitches, lovely and quiet to, just what we wanted. 

WN, we are near New Galloway on the road to Newton Stewart, its called The Brough.

Weather not as good as we have had for weeks now, we have had a couple of light rain showers and more to come overnight. Knew this would happen once we were allowed to travel. Won't bother us just happy to be away.

Hope all other's away have a good time.

Takethedogalong replied on 26/04/2021 20:11

Posted on 26/04/2021 20:11

We have stayed at The Brough Tammy, nice CL. I seem to recall the pitches being terraced, with the loo and shower down at the bottom of the Site? It’s a long time ago now though, but a lovely location.

Wherenext replied on 26/04/2021 20:16

Posted on 26/04/2021 20:16

Moulesy, we're in a small village called Longcliffe. Railway Cottage found through Cottages.com.

The ladies seem very happy with it, especially MiL whose walk in shower is en suite and was adapted for the elderly/partly disabled in mind. Only need to try the beds now. Views are great and you can access the High Peak Trail directly from the cottage through a gate so bringing a bike or dog walking will be a doddle. 

We've done something like the walk you are planning, stopping off at the tea room in Edensor before getting to Chatsworth. Don't know about sunshine for the week. Think we have a bit of rain tomorrow.

Had a lovely stopover at Arley Hall in the warm weather. Will need a return in a couple of months as they're a little behind in planting as some of the volunteers couldn't make it because of Covid. MiL particularly enjoyed it as all of the Tulips were out and they are her favourite flower. There was a Rally going on at the Hall as there must have been over 20 units in the field just passed the carpark.

Nice to hear of your meet up Millie and good to hear that the Scottish tribe are now in full swing.laughing Sounds good TG.

cyberyacht replied on 27/04/2021 08:58

Posted on 27/04/2021 08:58

Thanks, Corners. The cruise lines seem to be offering "sightseeing only" trips round the UK for this summer. Must be desperate to get bums on seats to help with the overheads after so long with no income.

ABM replied on 27/04/2021 15:53

Posted on 27/04/2021 15:53

ooooo, Having trouble with the keyboard  this afternoon, purely due to having sat out in the fresh air for a while, then being invited indoors by a young(ish) ladyinnocent. Twenty minutes later I was invited to pay up and go elsewither surprised And that's why I am F-F- Freezing now with ice bergs in my hot coffee, but at least the morning/evening ablutions won't take two or more towels to dry off !!

Just in case there are folks out there wondering,  well the answer is :-  Brian  A B M has had his, very much needed, HAIR-CUT !! 

Whoopeeee ! 

brue replied on 27/04/2021 16:05

Posted on 27/04/2021 16:05

Well that should put a spring in your step Brian! I get mine done tomorrow, I've had a go at it myself, I'm not too bad with the hairdressing scissors and it was better than a previous attempt but I'll be pleased to have a more professional cut! OH is keeping his straggling locks till he gets the urge (or sees himself in a window! surprised)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook