What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 25/04/2021 20:08

Posted on 25/04/2021 20:08

That's us all ready for the off in the morning, heading down to a CL in D&G for 4 days then coming back up to a CL near Roslin Chapel for 3 nights, then home for 6.

It will be good to get away, try out the new refurbished seats/beds now they are sprung and not foam.

Only away for a week but it will test everything out before we head off for longer. I've got the hygienist on Tuesday and OH is going to our sons house to help start fitting a new kitchen for him (he is still in Texas). Its been empty since his last tenants left a couple of years ago. They are 'thinking' of putting it up for sale.

Good to hear lots are getting their second jabs, we had ours last wednesday, no problems at all.

WN, enjoy your trip away, I hope MIL has sufficient outfits as befits a lady.laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 25/04/2021 20:48

Posted on 25/04/2021 16:34 by Wherenext

Brue, didn't quite sound the haven of peace and quiet you were seeking but the gardens looked inviting.

Ttda, Is that the same Cholmendly that has the small pile in Cheshire?

A day of sorting out things at home before we disappear for a few nights to the Peak District. Mrs WN and myself can fit our clothes for 4 days into a large holdall but MiL has 2 for herself.😂

Posted on 25/04/2021 20:48

Don’t think so WN. Cheshire is Cholmondley, Easton is Chomeley. I think I spelt family name wrong, and it was Sir Fred we were chatting to, not Lord Cholmeley. Although Sir Fred is married to Lady Chomeley, it’s a bit complicated I think, made worse by me confusing things🤔

Have a lovely time in Bakewell. Fingers crossed the weather is kind for you. 🤞

Wherenext replied on 25/04/2021 21:43

Posted on 25/04/2021 21:43

WN, enjoy your trip away, I hope MIL has sufficient outfits as befits a lady.

Have to find a lady first TG.surprisedwink Have a great trip. It's not Annan you are heading to is it?

Thanks for that TTda. Weather looks a mixed bag but 2 out of the 3 days look like being dry. We've arranged to take her to Kedleston Hall on Thursday. The cottage is nearer to Matlock than Bakewell but we'll get there as well. We're breaking the journey up tomorrow to stop at Arley Hall near Northwich for an hour or so.

nelliethehooker replied on 25/04/2021 22:05

Posted on 25/04/2021 22:05

WN, have a good time up in the Dales, and the same goes for TH in D&G and Edinburgh, and you too Francis. The weather should be reasonable for you all, looking at the forecast. 

Good to hear that many are getting their second jabs now. Hope those that haven't had them soon get theirs.

We moved over to Bulley near Gloucester today. Easy drive apart from a short detour as there's no direct access onto the A40 West at Junct. 11 on the M5, so had to initially ahead East to first roundabout to join the West bound carriageway. Fine quiet site with good walks directly from it and a bargain at £12 pn. It's no wonder it's full too.

ABM replied on 25/04/2021 22:24

Posted on 25/04/2021 20:48 by Takethedogalong

Don’t think so WN. Cheshire is Cholmondley, Easton is Chomeley. I think I spelt family name wrong, and it was Sir Fred we were chatting to, not Lord Cholmeley. Although Sir Fred is married to Lady Chomeley, it’s a bit complicated I think, made worse by me confusing things🤔

Have a lovely time in Bakewell. Fingers crossed the weather is kind for you. 🤞

Posted on 25/04/2021 22:24

To avoid you furriners strangling yer tonsils  --> Cholmondeley is near Malpas, Cheshire  BUT  is pronounced   CHUMLY { purely to confuse and identify them there visitors of course wink }

milliehull replied on 26/04/2021 11:19

Posted on 26/04/2021 11:19

It was our daughter's birthday at the weekend so we had tea and cake in their garden on Saturday afternoon. We all had to have our pre arranged time slot so we kept to the rule of 6 or 2 households.  Yesterday they met up with her brother, our eldest son, and his family at the coast.  Despite living only a 15 minute drive from each other they hadn't seen each other since before Christmas.  She sent a lovely photo of the cousins meeting up again.  It was so good to see.

ABM the Cholmeley family at Easton Walled Gardens also pronounce their name Chumley. The family have owned the estate for 400 years. The house is no longer there as it was requisitioned by the army during WWII and was later demolished. However certain buildings do still remain - the gatehouses etc - and are now very nice holiday cottages.

Our road is closed this week for resurfacing which it going to be good fun (not yell). All they seem to be doing at the moment is moving a lot of heavy equipment around with a lot of workmen watching frown.

I hope all those away or planning to be away soon have a lovely time and that the good weather holds.  If it rains (which we desperately need) I hope it only rains at night. Take care out on the roads.

brue replied on 26/04/2021 11:34

Posted on 26/04/2021 11:34

Millie, it must be so good for you and the family to see each other again. We have another couple of weeks and then we travel north to see our son and family. Our eldest daughter is on the list too. Feel as though we must fit things in quickly just in case of anything else happening!

I've just caught up with washing etc today and at least the van is clean and ready for the next turnaround. Hope the holidays are good for all those heading for the hills and dales! 

Would you believe it, the cat had a more expensive break per night than us! 🐱 Thank goodness he didn't buy any plants and pasties....laughing

milliehull replied on 26/04/2021 11:53

Posted on 26/04/2021 11:53

I would believe it brue. When we used to go to France every year the cost per night for our 2 cats at the cattery was far more expensive than our cost per night for 2 of us plus van using our Camping Cheques surprised

Goldie146 replied on 26/04/2021 12:05

Posted on 26/04/2021 12:05

We're back home now from our long weekend (but short in distance). Glorious weather for sitting outside the caravan, but not so glorious for the fields around us that need some rain.

We didin't do much (in fact nothing at all) - just sat and read with the occassioanl drink. The solar panel (basic suitcase type) kept the battery topped up. Not that it had much to do - just the lights, toilet and USB charging sockets. Fridge, water heater, cooker on gas. No TV or other fancy stuff.

In the evenings we watched a couple of concerts on my IPad.

I've discovered a new skill - I cut my husbands hair and surprised myself when it didin't look too bad. He sat outside on the caravan step and having no mirror to hold up for him, I took photos to show him. He's got better hair than me - very thick and curly.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook