What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 22/04/2021 18:46

Posted on 22/04/2021 18:46

Enjoy your breaks folks we will be away for 2 weeks in June and staying in two cottages and looking forward to being away.

Had our 1st jab today OH was about 3 hours after me but he came with me to check in and the receptionist said would you like to be done together so we ended up in the same cubicle all went well but warned we may get headache or a sore arm which we both have, it was the Pfizer one and after we had to sit for 15 minutes and they gave us the paperwork for the next one on 18th May again both together, have to say very well organised just a lot of paperwork usual french thing, our friends will have theirs tomorrow and they are in the next lower age group, we also did the shopping as well and no Gendarmes anywhere but plenty of folk from different areas of France even a car from Belgium with bikes on the back well that is more than 10 kilometres from home and another friend says they have folk down at second homes from Paris no comment.

The weather has been lovely today 21C and next two days 26 and 27 C phew a bit warm for April but rain forecast next week, we did have some rain yesterday so helped the garden.

brue replied on 22/04/2021 19:14

Posted on 22/04/2021 17:44 by milliehull

Glad you got to see the outside of the cathedral tda. There are some wonderful old medieval walls in the precints, the remains of the old monastery buildings destroyed during the Reformation. I could give you a tour of the inside of the cathedral (ground floor) next time you are in the area if you would be interested and I am around.

Posted on 22/04/2021 19:14

You'll probably end up with a group CT visit Millie! 

Nice to hear of meets, sorry we've just  missed the Moulesys. Enjoy your next holidays. We're at Aggie, not for long, back home after tomorrow. Hoping to get the planned garden visits in if our knees recover from the coastal path...πŸƒπŸƒ

milliehull replied on 22/04/2021 20:43

Posted on 22/04/2021 19:14 by brue

You'll probably end up with a group CT visit Millie! 

Nice to hear of meets, sorry we've just  missed the Moulesys. Enjoy your next holidays. We're at Aggie, not for long, back home after tomorrow. Hoping to get the planned garden visits in if our knees recover from the coastal path...πŸƒπŸƒ

Posted on 22/04/2021 20:43

I would love to do a group CT tour brue 😊.

Wherenext replied on 22/04/2021 21:11

Posted on 22/04/2021 21:11

Goldie - Telegraph Pole Appreciation Book for Beginners?????

My mind did boggle for a minute or two as I tried to conjure up something that fortunately remained buried deep but the reality is even weirder. Brilliant.

Is there an "Advanced" one available as well?

Enjoy your weekend. Seems like you may even get to have some decent weather for a change.

Wherenext replied on 22/04/2021 21:13

Posted on 22/04/2021 20:43 by milliehull

I would love to do a group CT tour brue 😊.

Posted on 22/04/2021 21:13

Count me in Millie. It's on our places to visit list. 

milliehull replied on 22/04/2021 21:19

Posted on 22/04/2021 21:19

We have had a lovely day today. We drove over to Stamford to have lunch in a friend's garden. We decided to avoid the A1 and drove through the villages - so lovely in the glorious weather. There were just the 4 of us for lunch in our friend's pretty sheltered garden. It was really good to see them both after so long. This evening we have been for an hour long walk with son, DIL, grandson and their dog. I think we will sleep well tonight 😴

ABM replied on 22/04/2021 21:50

Posted on 22/04/2021 21:50

Goldie - Telegraph Pole Appreciation Book For Beginners ?????

Should any of you decide to join the Appreciation Club puleese remember that the ones you DONT climb are the Steel ones !!

As recently released Apprentices ( aka youths in training ! ) back in the last century several of us were used (!!) to cover for experienced Linemen who saw fit to take Annual Leave when the world f f froze up in the 1962 winter. Heavy boots, jeans, overall trousers, coats and huge extremely heavy over-coats all topped off with leather safety belts ( NO HELMETS ) and a portable handset ( aka Buttinski ) with an analogue test meter equipped one to climb if you could ! All great fun BUT one of my colleagues down in Stafford was up one of the experimental steels but kept his wits about him when it got too cold, and remembered the Panic Phone Number - 999 -  and the fire brigade turned up to un lash a very frozen him and gently lower him to the ground.

We were all told then that Steels would automatically require the attendance of a Two man Party and hydraulic Lift !

nelliethehooker replied on 22/04/2021 22:03

Posted on 22/04/2021 22:03

OH watch the whole 8 series of GoT(again) while we were at home since Christmas. Think this must be at least her 3rd time viewing it, and still finds new things in it. Me, I just spot an odd minute or too, but don't watch very much TV/films at all.

Yesterday was cloudier but not too cold. Parked at Stanton, the home village of Sue Barker, tennis player and animated of Question of Sport. We walked the Winchcombe way to Buckand before climbing up onto the escarpment and returned along the Cotswold Way. On return had a wander up from the site to watch a few of the cars practicing their starts at the Prescott Hill Climb.The full event takes places on Saturday so it will be busy and noisy around here then. 

Today we went to Sudeley Castle on a lovely sunny day. As we couldn't take Flyte around the gardens we went for an hour or so walk in the estate before lunch, then we wandered round the gardens. There's a exhibition of life sized Elephants throughout the grounds that is well worth seeing if in the area up to the end of May.

https://sudeleycastle.co.uk/events/elephant-family-at-sudeley-castle

Hope that tda and JVB get to wave to eachother😁 Glad to hear that WN's results came back negative. Every one else who are out and about, or getting ready to head off have a good time and enjoy your break.

DSB replied on 23/04/2021 08:15

Posted on 23/04/2021 08:15

Back from Grafham Water yesterday.  What a lovely small and quiet site.  Certainly one on our 'return to' list.  Not too long to our visit to Conkers CCC site..... in fact, I'll leave the car packed as it is!!  πŸ˜ƒ

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook